ABS80 - authenticprops@hotmail.com - Mark

Anyone heard from him? I ordered a full AP armor and some extras and payed him in full on April 4th 2012. ($991USD)

Last email I got was April 24th 2012, saying two weeks until completion.

I've sent him four emails since then, usually once a week, to no avail. His FISD inbox is full so I cannot PM him.

I'm about a womp rats hop away from contacting Paypal for a refund.

Any suggestions? Did I mess up paying in full?

Strange Mark has always been very responsive to me via email. Latest one was May 4th. I know that they are pretty overwhelmed right now with orders. But I'm sure Mark will make a comment here.

Honestly, in this hobby it's not uncommon for these things to take months. I ordered my kit in November and received it until late February. He's usually pretty good about responding back though.

Had nothing but quick responsive interaction with Mark, and my experiences with him are A++ (bought a helmet a while back)

But knowing this hobby, things sometimes really drag out and have a tendency to be delayed beyond the intial timeframe.

My advice is to be patient and wait for him to get back to you, seeing he has a really great track-record conserning customer service, I can't imagine him suddenly disappearing or becoming unresponsive.

It'll work out! :)

after multiple years of armor making I'm sure that mark is going to stay around for quite a while.

from what I understand he's stopped taking ready to wear orders until all orders are filled.

kits are made at the former in runs, so it's not like he's forming the armor in his garage.

it's a professional forming company and he has to get shipments from them, then he

has to get shipments out, and it looks like he does not ship to usa addresses from

where he is, they all go to a central usa location, and then are shipped domestically from there.

if a suit is to be fully built then it has to be also shipped again to the builder, and finally to the trooper

so if a suit goes through several shipment processes each time it takes away a week.

some of the wait times can be 5-6 months from deposit to delivery.

that's what I've seen happen.

and mark has so many many orders that he won't mind at all if you get a refund.

no problem.

your order simply would go to the next person in line.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Don't worry man, he's just really busy, it's worth the wait, in the meantime research all the build treads, there's a lot of stuff one has to know before start cutting away !!!

Helle everyone,

This thread was brought to my attention.

No worries I'm still around and will be for quite some time I hope LOL;)

Rest assured I'm working as fast as I can and I'm sorry If I missed to respond to some emails, I usually respond within a few hours.

I'm easliy running 4 weeks behind schedule for the fact that shop I deal with was behind schedule aswell since they had a very a big contract to finish before they could start pulling on my stuff, their bread and butter is definetly not making a few armor parts, this shop runs tens of thousands of parts weekly and can only work on my stuff when the machines are free which is mostly only on weekends, so delays of 2 -3 weeks happen very easily.

For those who have ready to wear orders please bare with us, my builder is flooded, to be honest since we started offering the Ready to Wear option the demand was more than anticipated and we are still adjusting accordingly.

For now we are not taking anymore ready to wear order unless customers are willing to wait.

You can contact me anytime at: authenticprops@hotmail.com

Sincerely

Mark

Edited by ABS80

Hi all, I want to give Mark kudos for doing this (halting RTW) versus just keep taking orders knowing they would be extremely delayed. I think its a sign of a respectible business by making customers aware of the situation and acting responsibly.

^^^ AGREED! ^^^ Mark has been very responsive in to my inquiries from day 1 through the order process up til now. He has been very polite, respectiful and honest in our communications best I can tell. Nothing but respect for him and his build team for their efforts.

Hi,

Just like to say that we also have an order with Mark at AP and have found him to be very good with regard to responding to emails etc. :)

We knew that the order was likely to take longer due to the options that we chose but Mark made us aware of the fact. Kathy is enjoying her role as spotter/helper but really wants to get out there in armour. However, she knows that it will be well worth the wait when it arrives. I saw Nick (an NR) at the London Excel troop who had AP armour and I was definitely impressed!

Good things come to those who wait! :smiley-sw013:

I dont think the waiting is the problem,its the zero communication of late thats causing Derek to be concerned.

You hit the nail on the head. I don't mind waiting. I fully understand that this is a hobby, things happen that are beyond control, etc, etc.

They only thing I can't stand is just being left in the dark.

Mark did reply to me this weekend, and I want to thank him for taking the time to clear everything up.

I too ordered an AP kit from him (PayPal seems to have gone through Monday) but have not heard any confirmation from him.

I was initially very worried due to a name discrepancy between his hotmail and Paypal names but after spealing with him last week and reviewing the boards, I'm certain he's as reputable as everyone says. I can certainly understand workplace woes so if he's unresponsive because of trying to get armor shipped, I won't complain! It would be nice to get an order confirmation sometime soon, though! I look forward to assembling it and getting out there to do some trooping!

I too ordered an AP kit from him (PayPal seems to have gone through Monday) but have not heard any confirmation from him.

I was initially very worried due to a name discrepancy between his hotmail and Paypal names but after spealing with him last week and reviewing the boards, I'm certain he's as reputable as everyone says. I can certainly understand workplace woes so if he's unresponsive because of trying to get armor shipped, I won't complain! It would be nice to get an order confirmation sometime soon, though! I look forward to assembling it and getting out there to do some trooping!

Hi I had that question too but double checked with him and his paypal jives with him. So you're definitely okay. :)

Hi I had that question too but double checked with him and his paypal jives with him. So you're definitely okay. :)

Yeah, he said the Stormtrooper-1977 hotmail account links to his wife's PayPal account but he gets the payment all the same. Truly appreciate the sense of support and community on these boards!

Edited by Tenacious_AG

I ordered my AP kit last November and received it in March. WELL WORTH THE WAIT. His customer service is great, and his product is great. Sometimes it just takes waiting, which I agree sucks, but it's worth it and just how this hobby goes. Mark was great to deal with. For anyone waiting, I suggest reading and researching as much as you can during your waiting period, and then read and research some more lol. It's a whole different animal once your box actually arrives. I'm about 80% done with mine. Good luck

patience patience patience.

if you order an untrimmed kit it's always faster than any other option.

imagine if you were building 10 suits of armor.

how long would that take you?