Help keep my bells on straight!

Here's a pretty cool shot from a troop this weekend. Problem I'm having is my bells keep rotating back. Maybe my shoulders are too large for them to fit on correctly but other troopers don't seem to have the issue I have. Any tips?

uLKoKl.jpg

My bells are connected by a piece of material with snaps on the shoulder bell side sewn to the material that holds my chest together. There is a strip of velcro holding the bells straight to the biceps!

Im no expert but i had the same issue with mine. What I did to fix it was bring the top of the bells closer to the shoulder straps. Less material (strap in this case) between the shoulder and bell tops means less room for them to move back. You can test it by folding the material over itself to give less room and use a bobbypin like girls use in their hair or a safety pin. See if having the shorter material yeilds you the result you want. If not then you know before you redo the sewing to test it. If it does, you can experiment with different lengths to fine tune it.

Hope that helps man,

Isaac

My shoulder -> bell elastic is maybe 1.5" when it's not streched. So it's very short, and I've never had the issue you're describing. On the other hand, I think TM shoulder bells are a little deeper. Either way, I think that's your solution.

Shorter elastic is going to help as already suggested. You want the top of your bell to be touching the shoulder strap so it just kind of hangs there with not much room to move.

And, I believe the bells on your kit are undersized (as most kits are) so I don't think you will totally solve the issue, but the shorter strap should help.

My shoulder -> bell elastic is maybe 1.5" when it's not streched. So it's very short, and I've never had the issue you're describing. On the other hand, I think TM shoulder bells are a little deeper. Either way, I think that's your solution.

so is the strip 1.5" including the snaps, or 1.5" between the snaps? [O=O] (with the = sign being 1.5, the "O" being a snap) or [OO], 1.5" total length? Thanks.

Edited by boomshakra

I don't remeber really, but that's not the point. You should go with whatever works good for you. Don't be afraid to waste a few snaps getting it right. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I did that, it doesn't fix the issue much, if at all for me.

Go with what everyone has said, shorten the strap from the bell to the shoulder straps, so there is less material to give.