Suggestions for a helmet repair

Hello fellow members. I recently bought, for a great price, a Rubies TIE pilot helmet, and have a question.

Does anyone on the site do repairs or know someone who can repair damaged lids?

The pilot helmet has a crack near the earpiece, about an inch long of separation, and the lower rim is slightly curled under. I suppose from the crack and storage by it's former owner. I want to get it repaired so I can repaint and detail it, but am fearful of attempting the job myself. I know the material is brittle at times, and thought about using a hair dryer to slowly heat it to straighten the curling problem, but figured if anyone on here had better experience, I would ask them.

Thanks for any help you can offer, and as always, much appreciated.

Sincerely,

NewTrooper2.

using heat to shape injection moulded plastic might be a nightmare.

since the rubies production line does not use thermoforming you might want to find

a less invasive way of repair.

it sounds like you're probably going to need filler or epoxy resin and some sanding.

I'd probably strip the entire lid down and make the repairs using bondo or some other

kind of strong plastic replacement.

then after you've filled the crack and re-shaped everything I'd take it to an auto paint

place and let them paint and wetsand it till it shines.