Why ebay stinks for TKs

bigironvault

I'm sure everyone heard this story before.

So ... starting a TK from the beginning and getting everything you need is pretty tough. Helping a family member build a Rebel costume is also a lot of work. That being said, out of 36 transactions so far... and only 1 transaction from an unvetted seller (I don't really consider Doopys an ebay seller because they have a great rep) on ebay... and it's the ONLY parcel that seems to have gotten lost in the mail. 1 for 1. Fortunately, it was a pair of low grade nomex gloves and it sucks but not a huge hit to the wallet.

Moral of the story - ebay stinks, buy from reputable makers in FISD or RL.

Thanks for listening to my rant! :huh:

eBay has its up sides. Never had an issue with Sith Armor, nor with Customs Props and those guys. Thing is for plastic costumes SO many versions of the same stuff abound on ebay that its hard to keep up with who is going good work and shipping on time.

I don't really like Droopydoos, but he does at least ship on time. Really, doing your home work prior to buy it now is the way to go. Trust me, I learned the same way. Just have to sort the wheat from the chaff.

SithArmor at least is a reputable person for over a decade of good products. He is the same person behind tkboots.com and shoulderpauldrons.com, among other things. Also used to go by the ebay handle nutsaboutpins.

As with everything these days, just be careful and go into it with both eyes open. I have received some really good deals on eBay, but have also got some lemons. I prefer sourcing stuff from the forums, like FISD. ;)

SithArmor at least is a reputable person for over a decade of good products. He is the same person behind tkboots.com and shoulderpauldrons.com, among other things. Also used to go by the ebay handle nutsaboutpins.

He also makes screen accurate Biker Scout gloves, if anybody is looking for them. Really good guy.

*furiously taking notes*

Sith Armor in SWTOR is pretty sweet, and I have that on my list to make/build/find/whatever... doesn't need to be canon to troop at informal events and cons :) Maybe it needs its own "club" ? Ten TOR Sith warriors and such would look dang scary standing next to each other.

I think the Sith armor yor are talking about might end up being approved by the Rebel Legion. I dunno. I'm sure it will end up being one or the other, if not both eventually. :)

*furiously taking notes*

Sith Armor in SWTOR is pretty sweet, and I have that on my list to make/build/find/whatever... doesn't need to be canon to troop at informal events and cons :) Maybe it needs its own "club" ? Ten TOR Sith warriors and such would look dang scary standing next to each other.

Hi Ingrid, there's a guy on the Rebel Legion forums selling the ABS SWTOR Sith Armor kit right now (if you're interested let me know, it's here http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37261). I can't justify it just yet but I'm thinking Ultrasabers and Sith Armor would be awesome... just don't tell the wife!

Edited by bigironvault