What's that?

Sorry for the non-descriptive headline and I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but could anyone tell me what that "alternative thermal detonator" or whatever it is on the belt of the left trooper entering the falcon is, and if it was used on any other trooper?

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

It's a grappling hook & box, as worn by Luke. Presumably it would contain the wound cord attached to the grappling hook itself.

the trooper in the photo is TK-421, his armor was stolen by Luke.

its funny because TK-421 is a stunt TK and he magically becomes a hero version later :P

also TK-421 was the only stormtrooper to receive an official designation in any of the movies .

the trooper in the photo is TK-421, his armor was stolen by Luke.

its funny because TK-421 is a stunt TK and he magically becomes a hero version later :P

also TK-421 was the only stormtrooper to receive an official designation in any of the movies .

Because it was worn by a 16 year old, short farm boy, who will be the HERO! Didn't you watch the movies :P?

Cool, didn't see the resemblance first to the grappling hook Luke use later. Was TK-421 the only trooper with a grappling hook that we see in the movies?

Yes, and only so that Luke could steal it and swing across the abyss.

Now, the question is, where can I get me one of those? Or are there any plans up to make a box like that?

Right here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=16709

Well the evidence speaks for itself.

TKs on the DS and anywhere in space have them. TDs don't, as they are stationed on planets. Hence they wouldn't need an O2 can, planets have oxygen.

Also there are hoses going out of it on one of the troopers, can't remember which one, DarthFurious could argue the point better than I, he got me into that train of thought.

;)

EDIT: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper_armor

John

Edited by Spectre

Both terms are invented post-movie so none are "correct". Besides, that does not explain the need for the space trooper back pack seen in ANH. :P

I think I read somewhere that it was based on the German WWII Gas Mask Container, so an 02 canister may be a more appropriate term?

I like this Paul guy. ;):lol:

On 5/12/2012 at 3:30 PM, troopermaster said:

I think I read somewhere that it was based on the German WWII Gas Mask Container, so an 02 canister may be a more appropriate term?

Well, there are some similarities...

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

You say tennis shoe... I say sneaker. You say pop I say soda... Or tonic.... Or coke. You say biscuit... I say cookie. Bonnet, boot, trunk, hood, and Alice.

I like TD because it's less to type :)

-Eric

I hear you there brother. :P I agree on that point, I usually alternate between O2 can and TD. But I try to stick to O2 can because my local garrison isn't up with our fancy FISD lingo and they think I mean a sandtrooper. ;)

Then I have to try and explain that no, I don't wear a sandtrooper on my belt. :lol:

Actually, the TD's have a VERY long o2 canister then ;)

Look at the right side of their backpack. The long round thingie with the tupperware bit in the bottom. But that could be anything really

I think that's a rocket launcher.

They might have just recycled parts?

Sandtroopers were made before the Stormtroopers. ;)

i haven't seen a single canon reference to the TD being referred to as a O2 canister. i think it was just assumed to be an O2 can by fans/hobbyist at one point and it stuck? the oxygen was actually stored in the back plate armor ;) some references are the official visual dictionary and star wars fact file #4

x37T5mn.png

bHztIIo.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021