Armor Transportation and Storage

Here is a unique take on Armor storage versus the typical oversided tubs. Looks to works well for non airline required travel.

Check out Dagobah swamp:-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you guys liked my bag. I added a PVC frame to the inside so I can stand it up on its end without my gear shifting. My wife bought my bag from a local Hockey Store for $89(inc. tax). I have seen them online for around $70 but then you gotta ship it. It is big enough to hold all my armor and weapons and a nice repair kit and it has a good set of wheels.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I dug out my bag, it is a little smaller than this one, but evrything fits including 2 blasters, tool box, bucket(seperate compartment) and boots(side compartments for skates)

tonight will be the second time I used it. first was the HBO event, worked great, and I can still sling it over the shoulder.

Boozel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great idea!! I am in the process of building my first set of armor, and would love to get a case like this for transport. Can you tell me what the dimensions of your case are (I am mainly interested in the depth)? I have a change to get one fairly cheap, but since my kit is not here yet, I don't want to buy something that will not work. The one I am looking at is 49" x 16". Is 16" gooing to be deep enough for the chest piece? I plan to use snaps, but I am just not sure.

Thanks a ton, I will admit to being a total newbie.

Scott M.

Good idea. I have my eye out for a black military vinyl duffle bag. I have a large piece of PVC pipe two feet in diameter that I'm wanting to use to line it. That way I'll have a place to display my patch collection B)

• 1 month later...
Guest tk533

Awesome idea. I found this one w/ the same dimensions:

-----------

There are color variants, so if your garrison has specific colors, you can tailot it that way. Plus, the logos are much smaller than the Easton bag, allowing you to easily hide them with patches. I've made lots 'o 12" patches that would look good on these :)

I think I'll be getting 2 of these: A Red w/ Black/White straps for my TK armor and perhaps a Royal/Black for my 501st Clone....

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Yeah, after I read this thred about 5 months ago I got myself a GIANT duffle bag, and it works great!...

Thanks for the idea! :salute:

Having separate compartments is a big plus. I still was thinking about making separate bags for each piece of armor to keep em from scratching during transport. That would be the ultimate protection. No, wait,.. padded pouches for each piece of armor would be the ultimate protection. ;)

Some people have that...I believe if memory serves me right...Carlos has fleece bags for each peice of his armor, and I am sure that works out great...all you would have to do is go buy about 2 yards of fleece, then make bags out of them...measured to the size of each piece of armor. :)

• 3 months later...

Ok this is how Itrans port and fly with my armor ..

$20 Action packer and a can of $12 3M Spray 90(green can) and a $15 twin size bed pad for target.

when i sent it threw the air port I zip tie the handels closed.. this tub when it paded down it good for a good size drop with out killing the armor ...

post-818-1183965138_thumb.jpg

post-818-1183965176_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
Ok this is how Itrans port and fly with my armor ..

$20 Action packer and a can of $12 3M Spray 90(green can) and a $15 twin size bed pad for target.

when i sent it threw the air port I zip tie the handels closed.. this tub when it paded down it good for a good size drop with out killing the armor ...

Where did you get that "Action Packer"? Is it readily available for international customers as well?

• 1 year later...

had to post this some time ago.

I got lucky and was able to get awesome wooden and one metal contanier box from my work, theses were storage contanier that were used to ship hospital stuff, the boxs were discarded and tossed in to storage. i saw them asked if they were for sell and got them!!!

---------

Black one on the left is the EDAK Aluminium one: --------

(Carrying Handles

The number of carrying handles is optional. Load capacity of each handle is 110 pounds. A rubber grip is provided for user comfort. The handles are securely mounted with rivets, using aircraft fabrication methods.

Corner Reinforcements for Stacking

Galvanized steel corner reinforcements are riveted to the case bottom and covers to provide additional strength and protection, and positive stacking.

STANEX cases can withstand a stacked load of 2,645 lbs / 1200 kg

Two cases can be tilted to an angle of 15 degrees without lateral slip

Stirrup Latches

Specially designed stirrup latches are used to insure positive fastening and security locking of the lid.

Product Testing

Drop Test

STANEX lightweight aluminum cases containing a net weight of 220 pounds can withstand a fall from 48 inches onto a hard surface without sustaining damage which impairs normal function.

Spray Water and Dust Test

Spray water and dust protection conforms to test standard IEC 529

Additional Features

Foam Lining

We offer general foam lining at a depth of 1" to 2", or with cushioning configured specifically for your payload based on the fragility and dimension of the equipment

Finish

Natural aluminum or spray-coated finish available )!!!!!!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w250/TK356/storage/DSCN0481_edited.jpg

The wooden ones are very good to!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...
TK-2126_MD said:

had to post this some time ago.

I got lucky and was able to get awesome wooden and one metal contanier box from my work, theses were storage contanier that were used to ship hospital stuff, the boxs were discarded and tossed in to storage. i saw them asked if they were for sell and got them!!!

Black one on the left is the EDAK Aluminium one: 

(Carrying Handles

The number of carrying handles is optional. Load capacity of each handle is 110 pounds. A rubber grip is provided for user comfort. The handles are securely mounted with rivets, using aircraft fabrication methods.

Corner Reinforcements for Stacking

Galvanized steel corner reinforcements are riveted to the case bottom and covers to provide additional strength and protection, and positive stacking.

STANEX cases can withstand a stacked load of 2,645 lbs / 1200 kg

Two cases can be tilted to an angle of 15 degrees without lateral slip

Stirrup Latches

Specially designed stirrup latches are used to insure positive fastening and security locking of the lid.

Product Testing

Drop Test

STANEX lightweight aluminum cases containing a net weight of 220 pounds can withstand a fall from 48 inches onto a hard surface without sustaining damage which impairs normal function.

Spray Water and Dust Test

Spray water and dust protection conforms to test standard IEC 529

Additional Features

Foam Lining

We offer general foam lining at a depth of 1" to 2", or with cushioning configured specifically for your payload based on the fragility and dimension of the equipment

Finish

Natural aluminum or spray-coated finish available )!!!!!!

The wooden ones are very good to!

:o Please Put Picture Inside Box :rolleyes:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 years later...
On 9/19/2006 at 5:24 AM, Exodus said:

Here is a unique take on Armor storage versus the typical oversided tubs. Looks to works well for non airline required travel.

Check out Dagobah swamp--------

This is an ancient thread with a dead link. Too bad, as the hockey bag idea is fantastic. I revive it because it still is a good idea. You take a huge hockey bag and build an inner frame from 1" PVC pipe for it. It takes eight 3-way elbow corners (for the corners, obviously), eight 4-way T connectors, and a bit of 1" diameter PVC pipe. The 4-way connectors allow you to put shelves in the frame (to create separate compartments within the bag).

I wish the guy hadn't let the site go. I remember how he did it, luckily, but I would've liked the photo reference.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

This is an ancient thread with a dead link. Too bad, as the hockey bag idea is fantastic. I revive it because it still is a good idea. You take a huge hockey bag and build an inner frame from 1" PVC pipe for it. It takes eight 3-way elbow corners (for the corners, obviously), eight 4-way T connectors, and a bit of 1" diameter PVC pipe. The 4-way connectors allow you to put shelves in the frame (to create separate compartments within the bag).

I wish the guy hadn't let the site go. I remember how he did it, luckily, but I would've liked the photo reference.

I use something similar; it's basically just a really big sports bag that I picked up from Aussie Disposals for $65.

I really do need to build a frame for it though, as it has the potential to cause damage otherwise..

I'm thinking of using aluminium, and putting thin foam padding around the sides and on the aluminium for a bit of extra protection. That should do it I think. :)

• 1 month later...

This is an ancient thread with a dead link. Too bad, as the hockey bag idea is fantastic. I revive it because it still is a good idea. You take a huge hockey bag and build an inner frame from 1" PVC pipe for it. It takes eight 3-way elbow corners (for the corners, obviously), eight 4-way T connectors, and a bit of 1" diameter PVC pipe. The 4-way connectors allow you to put shelves in the frame (to create separate compartments within the bag.

Some pics will be useful :P