Height: 6 ft 1in

Weight: 215

Boots: TKBoots

Canvas Belt: Home Made

Hand Plates: Trooperbay

Electronics: none

Neck Seal: Home Made

Holster: Converted from old FX kit

DSCN0316.jpgDSCN0323.jpgDSCN0322.jpgDSCN0321.jpgDSCN0320.jpgDSCN0313.jpgDSCN0312.jpgDSCN0311.jpgscrewplacement.jpgstrim.jpgrubberhandguards.jpgRightsideandbackofdropbox.jpgnorivitsniperplate.jpgleftside.jpggreenlenses.jpgcrotchsnaps.jpgbuttoncloseup.jpgbucket.jpgboots.jpgblasterdetail.jpgblasterdetail4.jpgblasterdetail3.jpgblasterdetail2.jpg

Would be great to see this through - you'd be the first Centurion in Garrison Carida. Actually I'm a bit surprised - only two EI in GC as well. There are some great costumes coming from you guys - I'd have thought you'd be the highest % EI in the Legion?

Would be great to see this through - you'd be the first Centurion in Garrison Carida. Actually I'm a bit surprised - only two EI in GC as well. There are some great costumes coming from you guys - I'd have thought you'd be the highest % EI in the Legion?

Just trying to set the highest level of standards. I had fun doing this! I take it that is the most important thing. By the by, I do agree with NastyNoah, now that I see the final pics regarding my forearms. Just need to shove them up a bit more. Hope that dosn't majorly jepordize my chances.

Edited by darthmaul101079

True, Todd. From our detachment charter:

"2. Develop and create a higher standard of stormtrooper costume for members to achieve and a "kudo" (e.g. deployed status) as a recognition of that accomplishment (the same way the Mos Eisley Police Department has create a higher standard for MEPD Deployment). The goal of this is not to force people to achieve the higher standard, but rather to demonstrate what the costume can become and recognize those who achieve it."

From the EIB program charter:

"Expert Infantryman status is not required for members of this detachment. It should be viewed as an optional set of requirements for those who wish to take the accuracy of their costumes to the next level, and be recognized accordingly. We're a costuming club - think of it as an award for costuming excellence and you get the picture.

The requirements will not replace or supersede 501st standards, but only serve as an inspiration for the level of accuracy that can be achieved. The standards are meant to be high but achievable, and any changes to the standards will need to be approved by a majority vote of this detachment."

As the armour sits today I cannot approve this. The main two points in accordance with the CRL is that your boots are not scuffed, and your ab belt does not have it's corners at 45 degree angles.

The hard truth however, is that you are simply too big for the legs and arms of a ATA-kit. You would benefit immensely from RT-parts. Especially the shins and thighs. I also don't agree on the above advice about pushing up the forearms. You have long arms, push the biceps down lower instead. A last notion is that while there's nothing in the CRL mentioning it, you have the knee ammo belt riveted too high up the thigh. The rivet is supposed to go into the ridge on the bottom of the thigh, not above it. A common mistake unfortunately.

It pains me to tell you this, but it's a part of my staff duties, and I hope it does not make you feel bad. Except for replacing the lags (and maybe arms) which is just something I recommend down the line, it should be quick and easy fixes.

All the best,

Mathias

So let me get this straight, the boots are an easy fix. Secondly, I went by the CRL's and I am getting counted against something that is not in the CRL's. Lastly, I'm being counted against because I am tall and large, especially in the legs? If so I take GREAT offense to that. I cut and sized my leg armor to fit me to the best of my abilities. If my height and weight is an issue , than that's pretty discriminatory. I would like to get a second opinion that would exclude body size.

I'm not saying that the legs will stop you from approval. I'm saying the shoes and belt are.

The other things I mentioned are optional fixes that I think would make you look better.

This is after all the Centurion program, and we want you to look fantastic, not just good. If you look at the SWAT-program (our twin) at MEPD you can see some threads going on for multiple pages with debates over the tiniest details.

I understand. I just don't want my size to be a deciding factor. I had the same prob with my old FX armor with the legs. My height is in my legs. I have to order from "big and tall" magazines to get pants in my size. unless there is an armorer that will custom mold to my size, I'm out of luck. I will take pictures of my boots and ab belt submit them.

I understand. I just don't want my size to be a deciding factor. I had the same prob with my old FX armor with the legs. My height is in my legs. I have to order from "big and tall" magazines to get pants in my size. unless there is an armorer that will custom mold to my size, I'm out of luck. I will take pictures of my boots and ab belt submit them.

I can imagine that being a PITA. However, RT-MOD makes parts for "extra tall" people. And he sells spares. ;)

Corrections that needed to be made: Boots, They just got naturally scruffed after my first troop in them on saturday when the pics were taken. Some up close shots.

DSCN0335.jpgDSCN0334.jpgDSCN0336.jpg

Belt, Dremelled a 45 degree angel in the corners.

DSCN0331.jpgDSCN0330.jpg

thank you. I'm sorry that I got a bit hyped there a few posts ago. I'm very self contious about myself. Something that I'm working through. I shall serve the FISD with diligence and honor. Thank you again.

Congratulations! Don't take it personal, they just want to help you be the best trooper you can be.