Custom Casting TK armor

TK5492

So this armor is from a manufacturer know as Custom Casting Services.

You can also find them at Armor-Depot.com. They specialize in realistic clone armor but just this year have started releasing different types of trooper armor.

From what I have been told now, this appears to be recast. The jury was out, but the experts have spoken.

Buyer beware.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d036e75f

Edited by TK5492

What Rich said. In addition to that, there's a certain "softness" to the part.

Therefore, by our definition, he's a recaster.

Wow I think the light in my brain just turned on for stuff like this finally. I actually see what you guys are seeing now too.

Wow I think the light in my brain just turned on for stuff like this finally. I actually see what you guys are seeing now too.

Yeah, we have another one! :D

Gentlemen, please don't turn into a general recast discussion--- agian!

This thread is about the armor mentioned above ONLY

IMHO it is proven that this particular armor is recast

Uuuuh, look at the softness of that backplate..

Looks like 5th or 6th generation... almost disgusting.

Looks like he didn't even bother to sharpen the molds, just poured some plaster.

Even Kev's inner drop boxes seem to be recast.

If we had a better pic of the legs, we could tell if it's AP or ATA

Wow, I am really sorry to hear that. I thought he was one of the good ones... :(

Well, this is why I brought this here.

Ever since I unsuspectingly bought bad armor from ebay, I have made it something like my duty to try to help others not make a mistake when buying armor.

Looks like 5th or 6th generation... almost disgusting.

Looks like he didn't even bother to sharpen the molds, just poured some plaster.

Even Kev's inner drop boxes seem to be recast.

If we had a better pic of the legs, we could tell if it's AP or ATA

The arms are at least definitively not AP because AP comes with two of the same biceps. This one has the tour suit arm added. So it could be (later)TE, TE2, CAP or ATA recast is my guess.

Right, I forgot about the biceps.

Wow, I am really sorry to hear that. I thought he was one of the good ones... :(

Well, this is why I brought this here.

Ever since I unsuspectingly bought bad armor from ebay, I have made it something like my duty to try to help others not make a mistake when buying armor.

Good thing you've found it!

Edited by Sonnenschein

It's junk armor made from a former 501st member (Glover) who has been kicked out of the Legion twice. He's also done some serious scamming of 501st memebrs as well.

It's junk armor made from a former 501st member (Glover) who has been kicked out of the Legion twice. He's also done some serious scamming of 501st memebrs as well.

He also sold his clone molds to Atin saying "I'm 100% out" and then - correct me on this - he surfaced again recasting himself, or was that a newer version? Yet another guy who started off cool & real nice, then just fell apart.

He also sold his clone molds to Atin saying "I'm 100% out" and then - correct me on this - he surfaced again recasting himself, or was that a newer version? Yet another guy who started off cool & real nice, then just fell apart.

Actually he sold all his molds to Atin insluding the vac table for a large sum, and now he's back selling everything he sold before. He's been selling clone stuff on ebay for years but the TK kits are new. Also his rubber clone belts are terrible and will crumble, a couple garrison mates made the mistake of buying them a couple years ago.

I was just recommended to use Armor-Depot for a Snowtrooper build by a member on the Blizzard Force forums :huh: I'm glad I've signed up for and been reading all the other detatchement forums to gather info otherwise I may have ordered from there.

• 7 months later...

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing..... and my name is Keith too! Double irony?

... if only I were also a Centurion

Edited by TK 5376