Your TK Backstory

LadyInWhite

Just curious - how many of us have a backstory for our TKs?

My GML (love him) said he has been asked for signatures (this is common at, say, Disneyland, same idea) and he signs his TK info and "Jaz" or something like that. I was "friends with" a costumed character at D-land once and they all have backstories. In theatre your character has a backstory, even if you don't say a word on stage.

It goes along with the kid questions: Is that blaster real? Is it on? Do you shoot people? What planet are you from? Why is that one dirty? -- Are you stationed on the Death Star? Where were you when it blew up? What ship are you on? Where do you get stationed? Who's the officer in charge? Are you a clone? Where did you "grow up?"

If you have a backstory, what is is, and if not, why not - or would you?

• Like 1

I usually used that I am part of Lord Vaders personal elite protection squad. We are based on the Death Star but when Lord Vader goes on visits around the galaxy we travel with him to protect him by crowd control, interrogation and keeping all pesky Jedi's at bay. It works ;-)

Where did you "grow up?"

I was trooping in Madrid (as a Gunner) once and one of my Garrison mates obviously forgot the whole back story/staying in character thing and mentioned to a young couple I was from England. They came over and asked if I was from England, to which I answered "No, I'm from Tatooine".

"Ah", the girl replied, "Argentina! Your colleague said you were English!"

The Rom-FX must've been set to a high level of distortion!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No real backstory here either. I've only done 3 troops because of my job and the crappy location I live in.

I've signed 1 autograph and just put 'TK7659'

If anyone asks about the costume, I too reply with "Standard empire/imperial issue sir/m'am" Or if they menton something like 'costume' I say "It's not a costume, it's a uniform"

I stay in character while in public and when asked also refer to my armor as coming from the "Imperial Armory, as ordered by Lord Vader". I usually just wing the other questions that come up (and they do come up). I've said stuff like..."I was on vacation when the Death Star I and II were destroyed. So yea, I missed that one!" The kids love it too. However, I usually do not allow kids or people to handle my blaster. ;)

I don't have a backstory, but I like the the idea of creating one. Adds to the character impact and overall experience, I would think.

I've set up a blog about it, and I'm planning on setting up a kind of personal Tour of Duty log or something like that. So far, I only have one post, but I like this idea, too! It's fun, and it can help you "get into character" better, and it helps people accept the fact that they talking to a Stormtrooper! A real one!

You know this whole back story idea really lends itself well to the new FIRE TEAM program. ;)

That's what made me think of it :)

I like the blog idea.

I told my son I work on the Executor. When DV visits a planet, we accompany him. That way I'm not on the Death Star getting blow'd up, or on Endor getting beaten up by teddies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I answered this in my build thread a few months back. I have been costuming for years and I always portray a character, a role that I get into. It is more enjoyable for me, as well as those I interact with, being a character as opposed to some guy in a costume. Vader is easy to portray, as is Captain Jack, who i did previous. But a TK? How do I separate myself from the rest of you?

So what do I want him to be? Well, my handle is Sparrow, so he will be the TK version of Jack Sparrow. As Jack always referred to himself as a Captain, so will will the TK be. Now knowing I am a Captain and that Jack is always getting in scuffles, my armor will tell that story as well. So I my armour has some moderate weathering. Basically he has been in this armour for a few years, so time (and fine sandpaper) has removed some of the polish and shine. Plus lots of scuffles and battles have added scratches and carbon scoring (newsprint). From across the room he still looks like a shiny whitey, but up close you can tell he has been knocked around the block a few times. Plus the Hero armour is very suitable for him as well.

But what is some of TK Sparrow`s history? It is a little known fact that he was one the key troopers involved in the capture of the rebel ship which led to the capture of the princess. He was also on the Death Star, but was off shift in the mess hall celebrating his victory, and getting sloshed. He was however sober enough to follow the oldest and noblest of traditions, to fight in order to run away. He did just that, and saved the lives of 1,000 of his fellow troopers, possibly some of you before things went BOOM!

How did you know I love chasing the sloshed guys out the airlock?

Great history, and good technique with the newsprint. I think I'll be using that on my clone. But not my shiny. DV would force-choke me if I did not meet "shiny" specs.

Edited by LadyInWhite

I like the idea of a backstory. It makes staying in character much easier. And it makes answering random background questions quicker and more believable.

TK-6764: Nassik Dabak. Human male

Personal motto: Duty above all else.

Born and raised in Hanna City (capital city), Chandrila. Second planet in the Chandrila system. Bormea Sector In the Core Worlds along the Perlemian Trade Route

Only son of Major Aeron Dabak of the Chandrila Defense Fleet.

Upon reaching adulthood, Nassik enrolled in the Brionelle Memorial Military Academy to follow in his father's footsteps.

In his senior year, Nassik, and other students in the top of his class, were hand-picked by Moff Seerdon and transferred to the Imperial Academy on Carida for further training. Upon arrival, Nassik was assigned the designation 6764.

Upon graduation, Nassik earned the TK designation and was assigned to the star destroyer Immortal.

Eventually, TK-6764 was transferred to the Avenger and became a member of the 501st Legion under Commander Bow, where he served up to and through the battle of Endor. He was aboard the Avenger at the battle of Hoth.

TK-6764 was on-station briefly on the second Death Star and was present in the Honor Guard during the Emperor's arrival. Shortly before the Battle of Endor, he shuttled back to the Avenger and was aboard the star destroyer during the battle of Endor.

Edited by Nassik

Nice! Very detailed!

I had a lot of questions at the past couple of troops, and I have to say that having some kind of story in mind was very helpful to coming up with answers. "Which ship are you on?" (I work on Darth Vader's ship.) "How come you're here on Earth now?" (I have to make sure there are no rebel spies when Darth Vader comes to visit.)

Then again... Question: "Why did you leave your home planet?" My answer: "It didn't have a Disneyland." (Actually that was my answer because he suggested it earlier, and I was playing along with his fantasy not my own. "Is there a Disneyland on your home planet?" - Note: I wasn't anywhere near Disneyland at the time.)

• 1 year later...

Heh... I've written up HALF of my TK backstory so far (it is already fairly large though. LoL). Perhaps when I finish it up completely, I'll post it here and see if the thread gets to generating any more of them.

• 5 months later...

Here's my back story. I will add a TK number once I'm legion approved:

I was born and raised in the shadow of one of the busiest Imperial space ports on Corellia. Everyday the same trooper would pass me by on his patrol and share some of his rations with me since I had no food or family to speak of.he called me Little Brother since he too was from Corellia. He would sit with me and tell me stories of the battles and far off worlds he visited. He even went as far as to make me an armband with a little Imperial Cog printed on it. 10 minutes later, the Rebels attacked.

They had been watching the Imperial shipments cone and go and had finally decided to make their move. Somehow during all the blaster fire and smoke flying around, I was knocked off my feet by a blast only to find a Rebel insurgent standing over me. Seeing the armband on me he mistook me for an Imperial and raised his blaster to my head. Shutting my eyes I prepared for the worst. I heard the blaster shot, but opened my eyes to see the Rebel dead in the street. It was my "Big Brother". He had left his post to come ensure my safety.

Grabbing me by the hand he led me into a cantina that had been abandoned as soon as the fighting started. He told me to stay down as he picked off Rebels and kept them from over running our position. Then we heard a window break and a thermal detonator landed half a meter away. Quickly he scooped me up and threw me behind the bar. Removing his helmet he covered the grenade and then threw his body on it. The blast was deafening and the whole building shook. When I looked over the bar, there was nothing left but a small crater and scorch marks.

This trooper, who was supposed to be a faceless menace, gave his life for me. A child he hardly knew. I never knew his name, whether he had a family, or even what he looked like. All I had was a serial number. A number I carry on to this day. As a Stormtrooper in the 501st Legion. And if my Big Brother could see me know, I know he would be proud.

• Like 3

I have shared mine before but I forget where.

"Hitman" was born on the lower levels of Coruscant & orphaned several days later. For my first few years as a youngling I bounced from orphanage to orphanage living in brutal conditions. After escaping at the age of 10 to search for a better life, I had to lie, cheat & steal to get by. At the age of 16 I saw opportunity in the newly formed Stormtrooper corps and discovered discipline in the Empire. They clothed me, fed me, and in return, I got to take out my aggressions on those who would seek to dismantle the new family I found.

My ruthlessness and mercilessness caught the attention of my superior officer, and the report was noticed by someone very high up in Imperial Command.

One day I was pulled off of an assignment and sent on a shuttle to Imperial Center. I was slapped in binders and transported like a criminal. I thought I was being disciplined. But when I made planetfall, I was clandestinely brought to the Imperial Palace.

There, the Emperor himself told me that the person I once was is dead. Erased from all records. I would be one of his Inquisitors now, reporting to no one but him.

He told me of the Force and he sensed my potential with the Dark Side. He gave me one choice: Do his bidding or die.

Eager for power and greater control over my own destiny, I pledged my service to the most powerful man in the galaxy.

For six months, I was personally trained in secret by two of the best ARC troopers who survived the War & the Emperor himself. Then I was deployed to serve with the 501st Legion, watching from within the ranks of Vader's personal soldiers for any sign of flagging loyalty to anyone but the Emperor himself.

Hitman has secret, coded records on every member of the 501st, and (using the tools that the Emperor has provided him with) has manipulated the duty assignment rosters to move around the unit, working with different squads to get a better, closer view of each of the troopers in order to make his own secret assessments...

Edited by thechosenhitman

Conflict Resolved. The Origin of TK-51878.

Born in 28 BBY during a time of conflict on Kalevala, the fourth planet in the Mandalore System, the child who would one day become TK-51878 led a conflicted life.

With his eyes cast ever upward to the dome encapsulating his birth city of Sundari, this child dreamt of a life of adventure and discipline in the stars that he could not see. His city, like the other bio-cube cities on Kalevala, would have been un-inhabitable desert if not for the ingenuity and technological adaptability of his people. The Galactic Republic had rendered his planet - home of the renowned Kalevala Spaceworks - almost completely un-inhabitable so many years ago. Because of the actions of the Galactic Republic, many Mandalorians cast-off their traditional warrior ways, giving way to the current government, a pacifist agency that called themselves “The New Mandalorians.” These former warrior-clan members had settled on Kalevala, made their capital here in Sundari, and built the black dome that protected the city from the white sands of the desert left behind after the Mandalorian Excision.

This conflicted child was the son of a member of the Mandalorian Royal Guards, educated at the Royal Academy of Government - a New Mandalorian leadership academy located in the capital city. A bright student with a laissez faire attitude towards assignments, he had no difficulty in moving through the various levels of leadership within the school’s massive halls. His teachers foresaw a bright future for the young boy. At the age of eight years old, they felt that it was inevitable that he would rise to serve as his father, in the Mandalorian Royal Guards. Fluent in both Mando’a and Basic, his way had been paved, his path had been set. It was his for the claiming. It was his birthright, so to speak. He clearly demonstrated the potential to follow his father’s example.

Though he managed well enough in school, it was his extra-curricular training to which he not only paid full attention, but also fully committed his energies. This training came not from an institution but from his grandfather, and it conflicted rather ostensibly with the training he received at the Royal Academy.

His grandfather had been a member of Jaster Mereel’s True Mandalorians who had fought against the Death Watch of Tor Viszla and the ideals of the New Mandalorians. It was the Mand’alor (leader of all Mandalorian clans) Jaster Mereel and later, his adopted son Jango Fett who fought to maintain the Canon of Honor and the six Resol’nare (the basic tenets) that the Mandalorians had lived by for millennia. The boy relished the days he spent with his grandfather. He loved to hear the stories of the honorable True Mandalorians and their fight for the traditions of his people. His grandfather taught him the ways of the True Mandalorians, and the boy grew to hold the Canon of Honor and the six Resol’nare deep within his young heart. Because of the training of his grandfather in the combat arts, he had no peer within the Corps of Cadets at the Academy. His loyalty to his people and his family was second to none, as would be expected of any True Mandalorian.

The boy led this conflicted life as he entered his eighth year. Therefore, it happened that in the year 20 BBY, that forces undetectable and unimaginable to most eight year olds, would resolve the conflict within the boy.

The boy and several of his fellow cadets discovered that the ongoing food shortage was a falsehood perpetrated to fuel the Black Markets of the Mandalorian sector. This word passed to the New Mandalorian Duchess Satine Kryze by way of the students. Duchess Satine told the students that she would handle the issue and that they should not get involved. Her nephew Korkie Kryze was one of the students that made the discovery. Korkie felt that Prime Minister Almec needed the information, so he arranged a meeting between himself, three of the other students, and the Prime Minister. The students were placed under arrest and a wild chain of events unfolded in the aftermath. The Duchess requested assistance from the Galactic Republic, and Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano was dispatched to Mandalore. Tano managed to rescue the students and in the process determine that Prime Minister Almec himself was behind the food shortage and the black markets. In the meantime, the Prime Minister had taken the Duchess captive. Ultimately, Tano was able to free the Duchess and capture Almec. During the time of the Prime Minister’s absence, a faction of the resurgent Death Watch, led by Pre Viszla seized power on Mandalore and Darth Maul, backed by a group of Mandalorian Super Commandos (the descendants of Jaster Mereel’s True Mandalorians) led a coup against the New Mandalorians on Kalevala. An assassination attempt against Duchess Satine’s life killed several members of the Royal Mandalorian Guards, including the boy’s father.

The boy felt the sting of his father’s death, as any boy would. However, it also opened his eyes to the truth. The long-standing conflict within him was resolved by the intervention of fate. The pacifist ways of the New Mandalorians were responsible for the death of his father. Had the True Mandalorians of his Grandfather, of Jango Fett, and Jaster Mereel been in power during his young life, the Battle of Sundari would never have taken place. His father would still be alive. Kalevala would exist in a strong, peaceful state that no faction or individual in the galaxy would dare to challenge. He understood for the first time, the depth of responsibility that the governments that he had learned about at the Royal Academy had to the people that they governed. He knew it was the government’s responsibility to defend its people. He knew that a life of discipline and honor similar to that of the uniformed True Mandalorians was the type of life that he must lead. He knew that he must live honorably and defend the people of the galaxy from weak and powerless governments, and he knew that the only way to ensure that all of these things happened was to serve in the best military unit employed by the seated government within the galaxy.

Less than one year later the Galactic Republic gave way to the First Galactic Empire and brought with it the forming of the Stormtrooper Corps with their strict discipline and pristine white armor.

Once again, the boy cast his eyes upward…

Edited by Dark CMF
  • Like 2

Possibly so, Andrew. I've thought about building a series of short stories out of it, and I've kind of got part of it worked out in my head. I guess we'll see. :D

Thank you though!! :D

• Like 1

You weren't kidding brother. That was a long one, -creative too.

I was thinking (for myself), more along the lines of;

"I was T.A.D. when the 2nd Death Star blew, soooo, ...I got lucky there!"   The End.   Ha.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You weren't kidding brother. That was a long one, -creative too.

I was thinking (for myself), more along the lines of;

"I was T.A.D. when the 2nd Death Star blew, soooo, ...I got lucky there!"   The End.   Ha.

LoL. One could definitely say it was a true statement!

coded message for holonet

attachments found

message 1

Many long years have gone by, almost 40 by now. long exile has taken it's toll.  I'm sending this holonet message in hopes that my son will eventually be able to find out more about the father that never had a chance to be with his son.  War it seems, even in this relative peacetime continues to keep most of us branded as war criminals.  so my dear son I will try to tell you why you must not join the academy.

attachment 1

Trooper Korps historical record

row 2 section 3 batch 92

kamino replication series findings for 2392.  progress:

The 2392 Trooper korps experiment codename: Sunspot

Holocron entry from senior kamino project manager dated 19:2:34GRS

"After some careful consideration, I have been in talks with our senior members, and the Dean of instruction at carida.  The original donor

a human male from capital city on coruscant.  Born a slave, named simply 'Bond' After his graduation at cliffside, survival of the trials, comander school,

we have found a suitable pattern for a more dominant trooper. We have found midichlorian counts above the mid line.  Command central has ordered commander 2392 to tipoca city, kamino for pattern development."

It's in your blood too son! you must be at least 10 years old now? let me start from the most important part of the story ok?

when I was young, like you must be soon.

I was taken from my job, and home at 16. We had to lie about our age, me and a few of us who had decided to join the galactic academy.

I had my eyes transplanted, and my id falsified, and my birth records were changed over in a single week.  how did I do it?  I had found several crystals

lodged in the landing strut on a t61. they proved to be worth so much I had to keep them hidden and only sell flakes off of them. there are still several of them left.

if we could ever get back on planet.

I was taken in to the academy after leaving the nutrition factory, they never found out who started the fire, or the names of the ones lost.  they assumed it was me, and I took advantage of that. Call it luck., if you want to, but there's no such thing as luck.  I had even had a chance to fly the t61 around after the foreman of the factory took a liking to me.  He let me get away with things that usually would earn you some bloodstripes.

I went to Carida, determined to earn my way.  The massive nature on this planet was the strange part for me, so much dust in the air.  Quickly I learned that the loyalty they were talking about was life and death, where we as "brothers" were pitted against each other, in training, and even real combat.  We were set against each other to the death.  Unquestioned Loyalty to the Emperor,and to the Empire.  Burning away the lives of clones through the fire of mortal combat.

they knew there was some difference in me. Tried to hide it.  I had heard about that strange religion from the old republic. And my first reaction was: yes. somehow I know all about this!  Inside me, waiting to be awakened.  I tried to ignore, and I tried to push it all away!  little did I know, son, how important it would become.

During the basic training, there was much talk of new things coming in from command. We heard of a whole new wave of kit was soon to be released.

from the navy, army and even from correllia shipworks. We still bore the grunt uniform, and wore our colors with pride. The old guard brothers, from the fett clan,were much different from us citizen academy members.  Other Worlders, were being trained alongside us. Non humans, and "new blood" troopers were here on carida, from all across the galaxy, even from outer rim territories.  none of them had what I did.

message 2

I was sitting here and reading my story, and thinking to myself, I wonder what your mother must be doing these days? Since I know I can never

really contact you, I wanted you to know why I'm against you joining the military. After all.  I'm a stormtrooper? right? and you know that, because the state made sure and gave you the distinction of being a veteran's son. I'm sure that if the government could pardon me, I might be able to watch you build a starship. or feed thousands of hungry people.  but I wanted to get back to why you should not join religions! or politics!

After I graduated from the academy, and then graduated, (read survived) Stormtrooper Corps training. They actually put me in charge.  I had men to rule, and missions to accomplish.  Just a man, not a clone, leading fett clones, on planets across the whole system.  Then, I met the whole leader of the galaxy, and I met a man half machine, half man. My Lord.  I was asked to appear before Vader and master Emperor at that time. At a meeting with me alone, in a place I don't even know. I stood before the most 2 powerful men known in the galaxy at that time.  I had been chosen for a special mission, and I was given the option to participate or die.

I was sent to kamino on the star destroyer ** ** ** during the year 19.  Rain planet was like living in a glass of water always being shaken. The outdoors was a place to get in touch with your inner sense of danger, facing the winds alone, on a wet plasteel deck. "getting wet" the clones used to call it. was part of their own ritual pecking order.  I marveled at how quickly the clones adapted, and learned.  I was taken on a tour after being planetside for about 3 days.

The facility was staggering. It was so large I could not feel the water below my feet. The hall went on to the edge of my vision. Row upon row of silver tanks stood before me. The tour was being led by one of the senior members of the kamino planetary ambassador, and the special project manager. They showed me 24 versions of myself.  All growing inside glass tubes. I saw myself sleeping. And somehow felt US at the same time.

At that time I was almost 27. having been across the galaxy 3 times. These clones, or men. Must have been at least 19 standard years old, if they were a day!

I asked the ambassador how long they had been working on the project. They asked me how long had I been in training? I felt funny, because suddenly I knew there were hands at work in my life that, never in a million years would I have dreamed this possible.

The ambassador continued to explain that when I joined the academy, my blood sample went right up to special operations. Stem cells, bone marrow and hair samples were also taken at carida, and I was flagged for observation. Clones were started 3 months after I joined the academy.

I asked them why?

Then they asked me if I had studied blood science?

I told them no, then the unspoken question hung in the air.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392