FISD Forum Downtime - 2012-04-19 1700 GMT

Darth Aloha

Troopers,

The FISD forums will be shutting down starting at 0700 HST for 12 hours (hopefully less) on Thursday 4/19/12 while the website is moved to a new server.

Here is what 0700 to 1900 HST means for a few select time zones:

• GMT: 4/19/12 1700 to 4/20/12 0500
  • BST (London): 4/19/12 1800 to 4/20/12 0600
  • EDT (New York): 4/19/12 1300 to 4/20/12 0100
  • PDT (Palo Alto): 4/19/12 1000 to 4/19/12 2200
  • CEST (Stockholm): 4/19/12 1900 to 4/20/12 0700
  • EST (Sydney): 4/20/12 0300 to 4/20/12 1500
  • WST (Perth): 4/20/12 0100 to 4/20/12 1300

If you experience issues with the site one it is back up and you cannot log in please email me: eric@hawaiianseamonkey.com

I apologize for the short notice and thank you for your patience,

Aloha nui,

-Eric

The web server migration is complete. Let us know in this thread if you are experiencing anything newly weird, odd, AFU, anomalous, wacky, spooky, freaky, jacked up, or annoying. Any other experiences you can keep to yourself.

Aloha,

-Eric

I noticed that when I navigate to www.whitearmor.net it takes me immediately to the Forums instead of the 'splash' page. I was not logged in at the time.

Absolutely. That is a deliberate change while we develop the TK Information Post - it's still there but first stop is the forums now. At least for a little while :)

Absolutely. That is a deliberate change while we develop the TK Information Post - it's still there but first stop is the forums now. At least for a little while :)

Cool - thanks for the clarification - look forward to seeing what the new TK Info Post looks like!

Font smoothing makes the text less jagged on LCD displayes. It's found somewhere under desktop preferences->display->advanced or similar. I haven't done this myself in years as a linux user where this normally is on by default.

You may need to download and enable a thing called "ClearType" from microsoft but what I'm talking about is this;

This is your screenshot:

This is what it looks like for me:

9ctJrEc.png

See the difference in the fonts?

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

Karin... is it possible that you set the zoom www.whitearmor.net once by accident and didn't know it? Now that the URL has changed from forum.whitearmor.net to www.whitearmor.net chrome may remember the zoom setting.

Check out this page that talks about zoom settings for a particular site... or try control-plus and control-minus right now :)

Aloha,

-Eric