TM's ANH Hero build[*TM]

Paul- I have seen two different versions of the calf closure- the style you are doing with the hooks pointing inwards and another style with the hooks pointing outwards. The ones where the hooks point outwards mean the elastic is more out of sight and the calf can close more tightly whereas the inward facing mean the elastic is in between the two pieces and achieves a less flush look. Is one right and one wrong or is it personal choice?

For the record the outward hooks are on a 'replica' suit but the logic of doing it that way is why I am asking.

Gary,

There is only one way to do it the screen accurate way and that is to have the hooks facing INWARDS. I have yet to see an original suit have the hooks facing outwards like in the photo above. I would imagine trying to get those hooks into the holes would be near impossible when you have the shin on your leg.

As I keep saying to everyone, only use photos of REAL Stormtrooper armour for referenec and not follow other peoples mistakes. The photo you have shown is NOT the way to do it, no matter how it may seem to fit better. Original shins had the hooks facing inwards :)

Looks cracking, Paul.

I notice you've gone for the more common type of handguards. Are you going for a general (stunt) configuration with a trooper that just happens to have one of the hero helmets? Or are you going to be doing a full Han style costume? I guess all it comes down to now is how many rivets you use for the holster/belt connection.

I think possibly my favourite trooper configuration is the normal background trooper that just happens to get a hero helmet. If they'd had flat lenses, I think that's all I'd have for my ANH costume.

Thanks for the great comments guys :duim:

Rick,

This is going to be your favourite trooper then mate. We have decided to go for a regular trooper with a hero helmet. The holster will just have two rivets as standard and I should have attached by the weekend to show you.

:duim:

Rick,

This is going to be your favourite trooper then mate. We have decided to go for a regular trooper with a hero helmet. The holster will just have two rivets as standard and I should have attached by the weekend to show you.

:duim:

A full Han costume has regular hand guards on the left, and alternative style on the right hand ;)

You know what, when I'd hear people say he wears both I'd always thought he appeared with two different pairs of handguards at different times. I'd never realised it was a mixed set. I'm totally going to do a troop like that! :lol: