TM's ANH Hero build[*TM]

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got to display my Hero on a bendy mannequin.  Here's a quick shot:

TK421_zps1bec82ed.jpg

Cheers again Paul!

Wow!  I'm totally blown away by this photo, Scott!  I love it!   :)  The mannequin's pose & the lighting make Pauls's amazing sculpt & build really come alive.  It makes me want to order a TM Hero & bendy mannequin right now!  :)  This would make a fantastic poster image!

Cheers, Andy

I think these are the ones offered on the legion forums, the black cloth bendy ones.

Stefan, they are expensive to get over here :D I've looked into it.

EDIT

Jim Danter the guy who does the Aker sales has them.

It's possible to get it shipped over here for about $100.

Edited by Dday

• 11 months later...

I'm almost at the stage of thinking about strapping. I'm having probs finding measurements for the short and taller brackets for strapping. I saw in your AWESOME build that the brackets are 40mm across for the torso and 55mm across for the chest. How tall are the two sizes? Did you make them? What size wire and what kind? Did you use screen used measurnents or guestimates? Thanks in advance. By the way, I LOVE my helmet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mr. TM, I would love to know what exactly is included in your strapping kit.  Is it all elastics, snaps, rivets, brackets and all or just the brackets, bolts and nuts?  I tried to PM but it failed. It may help to have a list of exactly what is included in everything you sell.  Thanks in advance.

Everything is included.

Really everything.

You don't need to buy anything else.

Trust me.

I was blown away, when I received it.

The package is very small, but it' all in there.

Rivets, split rivets, pop rivets, screws, different elastics for all parts, screws, snaps, brackets, loops.

And although Paul knew that my helmet was already done, he even included the screws, rivets and chin strip for the bucket, too.

And, oh, btw, the snaps are already sewn to the elastics, the loops for the brackets and the thighs are sewn and you get a handy tool for the snaps you have to place yourself.

No brainer ...

Edited by Bone

• 1 month later...

OK!  I'm totally sold.  Please PM me Mr. TM with ordering info for the strapping kit and the rubber gloves with latex guards.  Are they painted white already??  Thanks in advance.  Ready to get this project done.  Life has been crazy lately. My wife passed 7 weeks ago and I've been slow to get back in the swing of things.  thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am really liking the brackets.  I have a set that I want to use, but I am a bit concerned with how the ABS will hold up over time with them.  I don't think too much stress would be put on the holes/attachment area but I am still worried about stress cracks over time.  Any thoughts?

I am really liking the brackets.  I have a set that I want to use, but I am a bit concerned with how the ABS will hold up over time with them.  I don't think too much stress would be put on the holes/attachment area but I am still worried about stress cracks over time.  Any thoughts?

It is really down to the ABS you're using if it's the 1.5 or 1mm ABs you'll be fine for a long long time as this ABs is very flexible and takes a lot to crack it. If it's any thicker like the 2mm+ of the majority of makers, don't use the brackets, the armor will crack eventually.

With teh 1.5mm ABs suits like the Trooper master, if it does crack,m it will crack just like the originals and be accurate  :laugh1: