Where, What and Whom To Avoid When Buying

Thank you for bringing this here Adam, warning other members of bad business practices like this is of great help to the community.

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation and we shall look at adding them to our buyer beware list.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 6:24 AM, justjoseph63 said:

So sorry you got burned, Adam, but thank you for sharing this with us.

Not just a bad seller, but definitely a re-caster as well.  That is in an exact replica of an 850 Armor Works bucket that they copied and are passing as their own.  Added to re-casters list on first page.  I also alphabetized them.

And thanks for maintaining the list! I might never have noticed they were stealing designs! Not a fan of dirty re-casters.

EDIT: Turns out might not be completely recasting, but still should remain on the buyer beware list due to their bad business practices.

Edited by Adam

42 minutes ago, Adam said:

Here's a PDF of the actual past conversations with Head Shot Props (Joe M and Chad R)

I'm honestly kind-of hoping that higher-ups see this and "blacklist" them. I'd hate for them to try and scam more people in the future.

Head Shot Props - please read annotations.pdf 160.13 kB · 4 downloads

40 minutes ago, Adam said:

And thanks for maintaining the list! I might never have noticed they were stealing designs! Not a fan of dirty re-casters.

Wow. They take your money, don’t deliver and then make out you’re being threatening. What a bunch of immature  twats. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked and cant find any information on KB Props out of Virginia Beach area. I have never heard of them and a new recruit has already purchased and hoping to be 501st approved. KB Props isnt on the do not buy list and I have went back into comments to January 2016 and didn't see any information. Any knowledge on them being 501st Approved TK or not, information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, repentance3232 said:

I have looked and cant find any information on KB Props out of Virginia Beach area. I have never heard of them and a new recruit has already purchased and hoping to be 501st approved. KB Props isnt on the do not buy list and I have went back into comments to January 2016 and didn't see any information. Any knowledge on them being 501st Approved TK or not, information would be greatly appreciated!!!

If you look at some of the build threads you'll notice KB mentioned quite a few times.

Yes there are many 501st approved.

Do a search on Facebook as that's where he conducts business ;) 

If you look at some of the build threads you'll notice KB mentioned quite a few times.

Yes there are many 501st approved.

Do a search on Facebook as that's where he conducts business  
Thank you Sir for clarifying, then that is why I didn't see report about them here. The are good!!!!! I didn't want this new person to get burnt and just trying to protect them

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello Troopers!

I am a future trooper looking for some advice in buying and assembling my first armor set. I am looking for something casual, and don't currently plan on joining the 501st, but I want my armor to be up to their standards, and have the possibility of joining in the future with minor additions or modifications. I have stumbled upon an Anovos kit with a Walts Factory bucket. The Anovos set, and the Walts helmet kit is complete, including the straps, and is currently being sold second hand from a person that doesn't have the time to assemble it. I see that Anovos is currently having problems from buying directly from them, but wanted to know if the armor is still of good quality, and will withstand the rigors of trooping. I have no experience in building armor or doing things of this matter, so this seems appealing as all the sets are complete. Should I wait, and invest in a kit of higher quality? Is the helmet good quality? Is this a good set? I would appreciate any feedback or advice, as I am very new to this.

Thank you

REPIXX out

I trooped with my Anovos for 2,5 years and it still is in good shape. It has some cracks and chips, but that’s normal and can easily be fixed. 
you should check, with what the armor was glued together. If it was E6000 or similar you can still refit the parts if they don’t fit you. 
if super glue was used, it could be a bigger problem refitting stuff. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 6:24 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Thank you for sharing this.

NOTE:  I recently accused HSP of recasting, and would like to add my sincere apologies for this, as it is not the case.  It was an unfounded accusation due to my own misguided research.  Their kits (when built correctly) are 100% approvable at all levels.  I regret any harm this may have caused them, and wish them success in their future as suppliers of armor.  

While it wasn't the original discussion, it's good to note at least they aren't recasting. But unfortunately it still doesn't make up for how awful their communication is. Also, ever since we originally talked about Head Shot Props, I've talked to maybe a dozen or so more people who were put in the same situation as me. (paying and not receiving their kits nor a refund.) I think HSP has actually been removed from a few Facebook groups because of this.
Luckily a couple of us were able to bug them enough to finally get a response and get our money back. I hope that's the case for everyone else who they've wronged.

On a related note:
I know one of the makers of their 3D files (I wont name here) and he does excellent work. But even he said that working with Joe and Chad was a mistake and feels bad that they are using his files in what they are doing. :(

Might not be recasting, but still assuredly they should remain on the buyer beware list due to their bad business practices.

Edited by Adam

On 12/11/2019 at 8:40 PM, Sly11 said:

Thank you for bringing this here Adam, warning other members of bad business practices like this is of great help to the community.

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation and we shall look at adding them to our buyer beware list.

Might not be recasting, but still assuredly they should remain on the buyer beware list due to their bad business practices.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious if there’s any way to update the first post with other new info. Matt Gauthier is on esty under leather by gauth. Only has TK kits and holsters under his shop. I sadly ordered a tk kit which is probably recast and is only .060 kit. Luckily I can take the hit and make it a static piece and buy from a reputable source in the next few months but wanted to see if I could help others from making a mistake like I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mikemakesmovies said:

Just curious if there’s any way to update the first post with other new info. Matt Gauthier is on esty under leather by gauth. Only has TK kits and holsters under his shop. I sadly ordered a tk kit which is probably recast and is only .060 kit. Luckily I can take the hit and make it a static piece and buy from a reputable source in the next few months but wanted to see if I could help others from making a mistake like I did.

I couldn't find anything on Etsy from "leather by gauth".  Do you have a link?  Thanks!

11 hours ago, mikemakesmovies said:

It definitely looks like an RS recast. Are you able to cancel your order and get your money back?

I don’t think you’ll get a recast from Matt. He was one of the first guys to offer cast from original stormtrooper helmets and armour to the community. Unfortunately he couldn’t say no to new customers and as with a lot of vendors they get snowed under and then the next thing you know it’s been years and you haven’t delivered.
Not making excuses for the way Matt treated his customers but we all forget he was one of the pioneers of replica stormtrooper armour and helmets. That shouldn’t be forgotten. Although bad business practices didn’t do him any favours at all.

• Like 4

So basically if you guys aren’t aware Matt is trooperexpert (TE). There is a ton of history on him on these forums if you want to search. Obviously Mark knows but what he said is all true. It’s good to hear that you got a refund. That’s promising considering his history. But like Mark said I doubt it’s an RS recast. It’s probably a cast of his TE that he never actually got rid of. 

• Like 3