Where, What and Whom To Avoid When Buying

• 2 months later...

I’m new here. But when I bought my Anovos TK for the 350 price, like I said I was new to the costuming world and I should of shopped somewhere else. The armor took months and delays to get here. So now it’s 2019, my next buy will be from Walt’s! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just saw a guy in the message board asking about TKUK kits....

Let me use thus as a thread-bump.

Before I knew better, I bought the famous BOGO kits from TKUK.... 8 months later and a hard lesson learned, I bought an AP kit and got myself approved.

The TKUK kits are flimsy, faulty, and generally poor quality. Both of the TKUK kits I bought are either going to be spare parts or slowly being turned into ABS paste.

Here one of the 4 shin pieces I got from them (the other 3 looked the same)
Poor molds? Recast? I don’t know but they are junk. Steer clear.
10614c70ae1967d0a4a4ea625236e325.jpgf89a761ce9c1ed8200e11a308c24a7a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I gotta' say those are the worst pieces of armor I have ever seen.  I can't believe those were even shipped to you!  It's not just the strange indentations/wrinkles, but the pull is crazy soft as well.

79PsGc9.jpg?1

That is trash mate, I would be sending the guy a please explain email.

He’s been on the forums pleading his case and sends you this rubbish.

If TKUK wants to make a name for himself, this is not the way to do it.

Glad you got into a decent kit and are all approved and thank you for sharing the images.

14 hours ago, Sly11 said:

That is trash mate, I would be sending the guy a please explain email.

He’s been on the forums pleading his case and sends you this rubbish.

If TKUK wants to make a name for himself, this is not the way to do it.

Glad you got into a decent kit and are all approved and thank you for sharing the images.

Couldn't agree more with all of this.  This buy 1 get 1 offer always makes people want to jump on this armor but it really is no where near as good as our approved armor list and even a good handful of non approved armor sets out there.  I'm sorry you spent your money on this junk.

• 3 months later...

Greetings fellow Troopers. I am new to the 501st. I haven't gotten my armor yet. But I will be ordering it soon. I am grateful for this post about buying armor. Also after my armor is complete I will be submitting my application for entry into the 501st. I will more than likely be applying to the Diamond Garrison in Arkansas. 

Thank you again for all the wonderful advice. May the Empire be with you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Von Goodleef said:

Greetings fellow Troopers. I am new to the 501st. I haven't gotten my armor yet. But I will be ordering it soon. I am grateful for this post about buying armor. Also after my armor is complete I will be submitting my application for entry into the 501st. I will more than likely be applying to the Diamond Garrison in Arkansas. 

Thank you again for all the wonderful advice. May the Empire be with you!

Good luck Alan, looking fordward to see your BBB day photos. :peace:

I'm considering buying a ANH TK Stormtrooper kit from Dave's Dark side Depot. Hopefully before December. I plan on buying a pre-trimmed kit. I'm pretty handy at making things. I made my own New California Ranger armor from the Fallout New Vegas video game. I think the Stormtrooper armor will have more meaning if I build it my self.

10 minutes ago, Von Goodleef said:

I'm considering buying a ANH TK Stormtrooper kit from Dave's Dark side Depot. Hopefully before December. I plan on buying a pre-trimmed kit. I'm pretty handy at making things. I made my own New California Ranger armor from the Fallout New Vegas video game. I think the Stormtrooper armor will have more meaning if I build it my self.

Hi Alan!  As you may be aware, this is an AM kit, and as an owner of 2 of them I can tell you that you that they are TOP NOTCH!  Heavy duty and designed to last for sure... tons of troops with no cracks or yellowing issues.

You may have to do some additional trimming to fit your particular size, but know that we are here to help at every step of the way,

My suggestion at this point would be to start your own build thread in this area:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/, once you receive your kit, that way you can ask all the questions you want as well as post up pics of your progress!  

Hopefully you will be aiming to Centurion level for higher screen accuracy, but even if not we are here for ya' all the way to 501st approval!

There are links to some tutorials under my signature below that may help on your white armor journey, and again, always feel free to ask any questions!

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Alan!  As you may be aware, this is an AM kit, and as an owner of 2 of them I can tell you that you that they are TOP NOTCH!  Heavy duty and designed to last for sure... tons of troops with no cracks or yellowing issues.

You may have to do some additional trimming to fit your particular size, but know that we are here to help at every step of the way,

My suggestion at this point would be to start your own build thread in this area:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/, once you receive your kit, that way you can ask all the questions you want as well as post up pics of your progress!  

Hopefully you will be aiming to Centurion level for higher screen accuracy, but even if not we are here for ya' all the way to 501st approval!

There are links to some tutorials under my signature below that may help on your white armor journey, and again, always feel free to ask any questions!

I appreciate all your help. I talked to Dave the other day and have been texting him with questions. He seems like a kool and legit guy. And I will be aiming for Centuriam level. All the the stuff I've read about building armor they said might as well do that since I'm there already.  I have most of the tools already so I won't have to worry about spending many credits on those and put that towards my build and soft parts.

Just now, Von Goodleef said:

I appreciate all your help. I talked to Dave the other day and have been texting him with questions. He seems like a kool and legit guy. And I will be aiming for Centuriam level. All the the stuff I've read about building armor they said might as well do that since I'm there already.  I have most of the tools already so I won't have to worry about spending many credits on those and put that towards my build and soft parts.

I'm not sure what AM kit means?

9 minutes ago, Xiemo said:

is https://www.rspropmasters.com a good site???????

Check the other thread of vetted Armor makers (

). its the 3rd bullet point on ANH derived armor. ==> Very recommended source

Edited by masterx244
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xiemo said:

is https://www.rspropmasters.com a good site???????

Hi Joaquin, Yes .  it's a good site, and as Tom recommended , you can take a look to the vetted sellers too.

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

Do not order form Head Shot Props.

Recently had an obnoxious dealing with Head Shot Props. I posted on reddit and we thought it wise to post it here as well since I wasn't alone in  having problems with them. Here's what my post(s) was:

I placed a order back in 2018 and they said it would take about 6 months to create. (Sort of a long turnaround, but sure, I was in no hurry.)
When the expected delivery date came, I asked for a status update on the build. They had NOTHING to show. They claimed to have been ill for several weeks... Anyway I gave them the benefit of the doubt and told them to take the time they needed because you can't rush art.
More months go by with me politely pressing for any sort of update and them obviously ignoring my messages, until I finally I decide enough it enough and I file a dispute with paypal. Unfortunately paypal only protects orders within 180 days.
After pestering them some more, I get them to agree to send me a refund within 30 days... 30 days later...? They say that they WILL NOT refund me. At this point, it's clear that I will not see that money again... So I make a plea to them saying to just send the order, but if they can't deliver before the end of the year, just send the a refund. They agree.
Here we are coming up on 2020... and there is still no progress and no refund. I've submitted a report to the Better Business Bureau, but I'm hoping with this post that I can at least warn potential victims.

TLDR; Do not order form Head Shot Props.
Head Shot Props has TERRIBLE communication, comes up with excuses to miss delivery dates, lies about offering refunds, and simply DOES NOT DELIVER. If you still choose to order from them, make sure you are privy to the regulations of Paypal and don't hesitate to file a claim before that window closes...

• Like 1