Where, What and Whom To Avoid When Buying

Wow. What a load of rubbish. The fact they changed their description is enough as it was misrepresented by the original description. they clearly agree or they wouldn't have changed it. Also $200 to ship armour within the US is outrageous. I can ship armour to the US via express fully tracked in 3 days for less than that and I'm shipping from the uk. <br>

What a loser. I hope it works out with Amazon. I had someone dick me around on Amazon so long their "return period" had expired so refused a refund l and said good luck. I contacted Amazon and received a refund right away. Lol.

Wow, so sorry about your situation. Mark is 100% right, even when I have had to ship assembled armor $100 is more like it when I don't pack dense. As he mentioned, the fact that they changed their description is telling.

Lastly, I worked in Amazon's Legal department for 4.5 years, and you can be sure that disputes are handled fast. Disney could also give them a dispute as the 501st is © LFL and they are not allowed to use it in their advertising without the mouse's permission.

• Like 3

Unless there are any objections, I think it time to add Thor and Starforge to the avoid list.  Hopefully this will save a lot of heartache and wasted money in the future for those seeking 501st approval.

"Disney could also give them a dispute as the 501st is © LFL and they are not allowed to use it in their advertising without the mouse's permission".   Hopefully someone will whisper this into one of the Mouse's ample ears.

• Like 4

For a laugh I just visited his site where has a full set of FO "armor" selling for one cent.  Sounds like a great deal until you see the shipping charges, LOL.

Ships from Philippines: Ship to United States $2,499.99, Canada $2,499.99  Everywhere Else $2,499.99 

Sounds like the old eBay scam.  Essentially meant they bypassed the refund policy as refunds didn't include the proce of shipping.

Excellent point.  I didn't even think of that!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to get into the 501 I see armor on Etsy and how could I now that it's the Wright armor armor for the 501

Hi Justin and welcome to FISD!  Everything you need to know is located in this thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.amazon.com/Fearless-Dare-devil-Life-Size-Statue/dp/B00Q3V8LB0

Older Post, but I saw this entry on Amazon today as I begin the inevitable deep dive into research - is the current advisory opinion about this source positive or negative?

I don't know much about R1 makers, but a seller who just signed up and has 0 reviews can't be good.

is there a way to have this list updated for 2017?

I know it may be hard to tell but the information listed in the first thread is updated regularly.  So it is up to date.  There is stuff that pops up all of the time on ebay, etsy, and facebook.  It's almost impossible to stay on top of it all.  It is always just a good thought to stick to the vetted armor thread and read all of the information listed on all the pages there and in these getting started threads as well. 

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, tdj7777 said:

http://tkarmour.com

Is this a site to be avoided? Any issues with their armor with quality, fit, build issues?

Yes you should avoid them. While they aren't on the 1st page here yet, it's generally easier to white list the good vendors, than it is to black list the bad ones. The people on the 1st page are there for being particularly bad. But if a vendor isn't on the recommended vendors list, it's usually best to steer clear of them.

Here is a Nov/2017 update on how bad Jedi-Robe is....

I unfortunately purchased the horrific Jedi-Robe kit before knowing about this website. I gave them my sizes and it took about two weeks to arrive. They somehow managed to send me a Ready to wear outfit. I pulled it out the package, unwrapped it so that I could take a look at the material, and immediately I noticed how horrible this armor was. It is so cheap and thin. It’s recasted from a non-movie accurate armor. I tried returning it before the 14 day period, but they ignored my email. 

Since then, the head of the NY Garrison that I live by, has managed to find me an AP2 armor for less than $550. I paid over $1300 for the crap I got from Jedi robe. It was put together with no effort, no care. It had scratches on it. Thermal Detonator is completely garbage. Uneven glued parts. Helmet/speaker system is so funny that I literally have to laugh it off. I learned my lesson. My AP2 is on its way!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, DTCorvus said:

What about TK Armour.com?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tom.  Here is a good link for some reading.  Essentially the conversation is always the same with TKarmour.  Everyone says that David is a "nice guy" and the price is good.  There is mixed reviews as to the quality of the armor.  Some say it's okay and some say it's not that great.  The ONE thing that has never been shown by David is where he obtained his molds from and pictures of his molds and sculpting process if not given permission to cast another set of armor.  For those reasons he won't be a recommended vendor.  It is likely he recasted another set of armor.  This will be the case until he can show some type of proof that it isn't.  This is the thread that you are looking for:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone, don't mean to be a handfull but I'm interested in Stormtrooper armour funnily enough. I was watching a Linus Tech Tips video on the armour that can be found at https://www.originalstormtrooper.com/ and noticed in the comments section that it is apparently not 501st approved due to legal reasons in America. If anyone is able to verify this it would be much appreciated. :)

Edited by Gos