Where, What and Whom To Avoid When Buying

Totally a noob :blink: but also I've never built anything in my life that required more than an allen wrench... If you guys could brief me quickly on what materials are considered good and which are not when picking out these kits, I would be terribly grateful. Also I am a woman and 5'4 and am wondering who would be someone to turn to for an armor that would fit me since most I've come across are generally men and 5'9 +

Thanks in advance guys! :smiley-sw013:

I have had smaller women successfully fit my armour.

Personally if you are concerned about materal then ABS is the best as it's more flexible than HIPS.

YOU WILL NEED:

Stanley blade or Exacto knife

Ratchet clamps

Sanding block

Lex an scissors

Magnets to clamp parts the clamps won't reach.

Glue of your choice. I use liquid solvent as I find it's quick and clean and very strong.

Elastic for strapping

Velcro

Seeing machine

Paints

Brushes

Rivet gun and rivets

Poppers and setting tool

It's a good idea if you have anyone local to get together with to help from your local garrison etc. as it's a little daunting starting out.

Cheers! And good luck!

Loving all the information found on this forum. Its just hard to take it all in. New guy here and wanting to join the Legion. 5' 11" 185 pounds. I have been looking at RS mainly because they have a web site. Any other suggestions? I am wanting to purchase a near complete set custom sized. I build other costume props and costumes but would rather just buy a Trooper set so that I can volunteer. I love the charity work that this organization does. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well was just taking a look as a new garrison member bought a kit off of TKArmour.com, the kit piece photo's are EXACTLY the same as the photos off Stormtrooper City. Are they the same company? If they are seems like they are just widening their net in attempt to snag unwary buyers. If they aren't the same company both are claiming that they make their own amour from their own molds......

TKArmour http://tkarmour.com/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi everyone, Im ne here, and after several days of searching the internet and trhough the fora pages, it is clear to me where is should NOT go, but it is still not clear to me where i DO neet to go, to get a 501 approved suit.

further, since it will be my 1st suit, i tend to go for a TFA-trooper..

http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper-helmet-accessory-standard-line-pre-order

any good??

please can anyone comment me on how i should go from here, befor i wast too much money on parts i need to rplace.

gr

pim mauve

pim.mauve@delixl.nl

There is a thread in this section of the form that has a list of vetted sellers. That Anovos kit that you linked hasn't come out yet and no one has seen what the end product is. There is also a thread about the Anovos kit under the "Hard Armor Section" here on FISD. I would link the two but for some reason it's not working out.

I'd like to think I'm a pretty crafty and resourceful individual, and I'm wondering, with mods and changes made, if the EFX ANH helmet is an okay investment, at least for the short term? I was thinking of getting on a waiting list for ATA or RT-Mods for one of their helmets but would be good to have something in the mean time, even if it means I have to modify it/fix some things like fill the seam under frown, add screws to ears, raise brow, replace lenses, etc. Thoughts?

• 3 months later...

I am deciding between WTF and RS for a trooper armor kit...... any opinions??

I recently picked up a WTF kit. He's got great customer support and has a fairly quick turn around time. I should be receiving my kit in the middle of May.

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2016 at 1:11 PM, The Scorpion said:

Is the vendor CostumesCk (CK) on etsy.com ok? They sell Stormtrooper armor as well as Biker Scout stuff. Are they reliable? esty 

Check out the getting started section, here is a good start http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I ordered a ANOVOS kit. I just wanted to know about these guys.<br><br>

I did more research and they seem to be using similar pictures as Corsairs-kids. So, they are Corsairs-kids? I don't know, so I am asking.

Not at all. Different entities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same question about Anovos.  Everything in their catalog seems to be "Pre-Order" and they have an "F" rating on BBB.  Are these guys legit or am I creating a hassle for myself if I order a helmet from them?  I am thinking of getting the standard TFA Stormtrooper helmet and starting my first armor build.  It seems like a good deal and everything I read says this would be 501st approved.  The reviews of the business and their "pre-order" issue make me wary.

• 1 month later...

Hi All ,want to start trooping and had some great feedback from people in here..considering SDS Stunt basically as its preassembled and trimmed , i know it will need some work to make it 501st cleared, I don't have the skills to trim and put a kit together.. What are your thoughts on SDS ..I know some of you have the kit is it OK . Ta

sent from my Mobile

Hi Asif.  I would have to urge you to look elsewhere.  You say yourself that you are worried about your skills to trim and put a kit together.  You also say that you know an SDS kit would need to have modifications done to make it 501st approved which is absolutely true.  So why wouldn't you look into RS props or Troopermaster since you are in the UK?  Both are far superior kits and both can come assembled and would most likely be 501st approvable upon arrival. 

Hi All ,want to start trooping and had some great feedback from people in here..considering SDS Stunt basically as its preassembled and trimmed , i know it will need some work to make it 501st cleared, I don't have the skills to trim and put a kit together.. What are your thoughts on SDS ..I know some of you have the kit is it OK . Ta

sent from my Mobile

I'll echo the stay away from SDS, there's many reasons but ultimately there's better options, and not just the two already mentioned.

I'd suggest popping over to the UK Garrison and posting in our forums.  The armourer team will be able to point you in the right direction for you're needs and budget.

Chris.

Thanks both , has anyone had experience with TK suppliers of Armour (stormtrooper heavn) they can supply a full kit.? At a reasonable price . Appreciate the feedback.

sent from my Mobile

Chances are if you found them via google it's not what you want.  There's a couple of excptions but not many.  I really do recommend you speak to the Armourer team or send me a PM.

Chris.

• Like 1