Where, What and Whom To Avoid When Buying

I should put that seller on the avoid list really. It may not be a dishonest seller, but it sure is one fugly armour and complete waste of cash for those that buy it. Even more than the rubies.

see I read that and it sounds like you can tell just by a quick glance...of course you guys have a trained eye I'm so so tell me please; what am I looking at?

You're looking at a low quality FX recast. Let me add some comparison pictures.

You can find the images I used in the comparison as high-resolution here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20131

comparison.jpg

Low quality often involves either too thick plastic or too fragile. In this case it's most likely too thick, and thus looses a lot of detail, as well as being based on the least accurate moulds there has been the last 10 years. While it may look like a stormtrooper to you, there is nothing that is really right about how it looks.

• 1 month later...

I purchased my armor from this guy. Saw another one that had it. It's great. take a look at my avatar.. that is his armor. Sefni.Int The main problem with him is that the pictures he uses on ebay actually suck. the helmet does not even look like that.. it looks like my pic. The detail is amazing.. the helmet kit comes with ALL pieces seperate... the Vocoder is actually a seperate sculpted piece so are the Ear pieces.. the detail is amazing.

-by ear pieces i mean the ribbed parts that are grey. all seperate pieces.. so this is not a recast... perhaps his old stuff was.. but it definetly is not now.

Edited by QuickQuests

I purchased my armor from this guy. Saw another one that had it. It's great. take a look at my avatar.. that is his armor. Sefni.Int The main problem with him is that the pictures he uses on ebay actually suck. the helmet does not even look like that.. it looks like my pic. The detail is amazing.. the helmet kit comes with ALL pieces seperate... the Vocoder is actually a seperate sculpted piece so are the Ear pieces.. the detail is amazing.

The vocoder is not supposed to be a separate piece though...

On 9/15/2012 at 3:51 PM, Look sir. Droids! said:

I hear a lot of the ebay kits are re casts and not 501st acceptable...what about this seller sefni.international from UK? It's what pops up under "ANH Stormtrooper"

-------

I always assume the negative before the positive so don't worry, I'm not rushing to purchase from this seller or any other on E-bay

I don't think this is in any way related to Star Fortress....see I do some research ;)

Hi Mathias,

I notice that this seller is claiming that the armour is '501st approved' like another ebay seller we are acquainted with. As there is no such thing cannot this be challenged by complaining to ebay? :huh:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi Mathias,

I notice that this seller is claiming that the armour is '501st approved' like another ebay seller we are acquainted with. As there is no such thing cannot this be challenged by complaining to ebay? :huh:

It certainly is false marketing, but there's little we as 501st can do about it. Even if ebay makes him take it down he's just going to put up a new identical sale.

-by ear pieces i mean the ribbed parts that are grey. all seperate pieces.. so this is not a recast... perhaps his old stuff was.. but it definetly is not now.

The separate vocoder and ear bars are not normal. This is a very old recast of a FX, I'm pretty sure. I had the same armor, and it's the pictures that Mathias posted. It looked good to me at first but now that I have done more research, I can see how crazy different it is, and how inaccurate.

I was recently at a troop and there was an independent trooper there wearing this type of suit and since I had a helmet on I was was able to look at him and really examine the details of the suit without letting on I was really staring at him. The suit is very inaccurate, and from the get go, looks odd, even to an untrained eye, but you can't put your finger on it unless you've done the research into the suits and how they are supposed to look.

Hi Mathias,

The funny thing about any makes is that none of them are 501st approved as advertised, not TM, not RT, not ATA, not some bad FX recast. Most suits are 501st approveable, but it's all dependent on the person putting it together. Someone can do an ATA suit and not get it approved. It's about the fit and build for the individual wearer.

Mathias is right, there really is no way to get ebay to really do anything about falsely advertising 501st approved. The only way to get the seller to stop selling them is to leave quite a few negative feedbacks, then ebay will ban them. However, you have to buy the suit first to do that....

That is exactly my point. if it was a recast than the vocoder and ear bar pieces would all be one piece. I do believe that his old armor may have been a recast however the new one isn't or at least what i put together was not... was just too detailed.

We should plan an armor party where the fire team can bring all their different armor so we can compare what everybody has. I've got AP, Mark has ATA... Rick has RT-Mod, and there's other armor from 501st approved makers in our garrison, too I think! :) There's still some old FX floating around. Have you seen all the threads on recast armor? It can take up a whole day of reading. :) It can really fire people up, too! :)

That is exactly my point. if it was a recast than the vocoder and ear bar pieces would all be one piece. I do believe that his old armor may have been a recast however the new one isn't or at least what i put together was not... was just too detailed.

yeah i agree... No i haven't seen the threads on recast armor.. well a few. I have two sets of armor and am currently waiting on a third ATA black set of shadow trooper armor.

I can definetly see differences in what i put together from this guy and my other set... shoot me a link on some of these threads.. i'd love to take a look

We should plan an armor party where the fire team can bring all their different armor so we can compare what everybody has. I've got AP, Mark has ATA... Rick has RT-Mod, and there's other armor from 501st approved makers in our garrison, too I think! :) There's still some old FX floating around. Have you seen all the threads on recast armor? It can take up a whole day of reading. :) It can really fire people up, too! :)

you forgot i have AM

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2012 at 1:39 AM, tjweeks said:

This is actually the one I was referring to: ---------      they claim 501st approved, but again, I'm wary.

Anyone else think the 2nd pic used in the sales page is a Sideshow figure?

ebaytk_zps31798955.thumb.png.d0b30526a0bf14a2aafd22f919814312.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

On 1/4/2013 at 6:52 AM, Barricade said:

Anyone else think the 2nd pic used in the sales page is a Sideshow figure?

It sure is. http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_030909a.htm

review_sstrooper_1.jpg.e2f721046a0981a379067cf5525df068.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• 1 month later...