Where, What and Whom To Avoid When Buying

Hi Malarky,

The Jedi Robe neck seal is very uncomfortable it is made with wire and was like wearing a neck brace for whiplash! My wife made me a much better one that she made in only a couple of hours.

------

-----

The boots are also terrible, some sort of Elvis type. They had a cheap zip on the side and in any case are not 501st acceptable. I got TK boots to replace these and they fit great and are very comfortable.

The bodysuit was ok but I found it strange that they only provided a large size for 'reduced size' armour? The bodysuit provided does come in Small and Medium sizes elsewhere.

Again like the armour I had to modify this to fit better. I am a bit of a strange body shape although I am only 5ft 4in I have a 40 in chest and 32 in waist. So although it was too long in the arms and legs it fitted ok in the chest.

The supplied blaster is also not the best despite mine having the magazine more or less in the right position unlike other JR ones I have seen. I will be replacing this when I can.

--------

I am pleased that you were able to get your money back. Unlike myself, in my case it was a very expensive lesson to learn. To paraphrase Bishop from Alien 3 my armour 'has been reworked but it will never be top of the line'!

Regards

Ian

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

To Ian:

Thank you kindly for the info you provided. Looks like you're the order ahead of me with AP. Let me know when you get it. I have no knack with tools so I'm having AP make it ready to wear. That's not a bad blaster you got from jedirobe. I'm still looking. SDS is out of my budget and I really don't want to put together a resin kit (again it's the no good with tools thing). Considering I'm on a 10 week wait for the armor I still have good time to find something.

Cheers

Michael

Well i ask again, what does custom props recast?

And cause of Star Fortress we should notice this:

www.thedentedhelmet.com/attachments/f22/full-disclosure-sfp-convo1.pdf-60120d1333935883

http://www.thedented...sclosure-44693/

Edited by Turrican

• 2 weeks later...

Im going with AP.....just need to get my funds in order....And the wife.lol

AP is a good kit. I think you will be happy with it. Make sure your wife is happy when to tell her. A happy wife makes for a happy life......

• 2 months later...

All I can say is WOW!!!!! i have learned so much from this website and today was the first day I was able to see the posts this info is paramount to any newbie like myself and to think i was very close to buying a set from one of the mentioned not to's above such a life saver to read that and trust my gut thanks to all for this and I look forward to getting a good deal from someone reputable.

Is Redford films on eBay , a recaster ?

No, just a retailer. It's a difference between selling a licensed item in your store and making your own. Most of what you find on this site is made unlicensed.

• 1 month later...

Note: There is a new addendum to "Where, What and Whom To Avoid When Buying" (first post on the first page of the thread), that has to do with sending money for payment for product and services.

please take a moment and read.

From the FISD staff,

Thank you!

I have a trooper that was recommended for a few things but has requested payment as a PayPal gift or by check. I'm tempted to send a check as he has been recommended several times in the forums here but I'm still feeling cautious any advice?

I have a trooper that was recommended for a few things but has requested payment as a PayPal gift or by check. I'm tempted to send a check as he has been recommended several times in the forums here but I'm still feeling cautious any advice?

For expensive items I would not recommend Gift option. You can always use Purchase goods option and pay the paypal fees yourself using one of the below Paypal fee calculators:

http://www.gregledet.net/ppfcm.html

http://paypalfeecalculator.paymentprocessing.cc/

http://thefeecalculator.com/

http://www.clothnappytree.com/ppcalculator/

On 4/16/2012 at 7:48 PM, RogueTrooper said:

Where, What and Whom To Avoid When Buying

RE-Casters:

Maker of Things

:blink: Whoops. I put that phrase on my cards...I was trying to be cheeky...I will have to change that on the next batch :blush:

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Greetings All from South Florida!!

I am very new to this site and I have been doing some extensive online research in obtaining some credible armor. I found a site that sells armor called "Authenticprops".

My question to this forum is: Is "Authenticprops" pretty legit and a bonafide maker or ABS ANH Armor? I have seen the prices that include the helmet and armor for about $XXX Canadian.

Another question for all to help me in: What in the world is "untrimmed armor" and how easy is it to get it up and running if I purchased an "untrimmed armor"?

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Edited by Locitus
Removed price

Authenticprops is who we call AP around here. He's a legit maker of armour and been in the business for a long time. Untrimmed means that there's extra plastic around the edges you need to cut off before you can assemble. It's how most people get their armour. See some build threads for more information.

I hear a lot of the ebay kits are re casts and not 501st acceptable...what about this seller sefni.international from UK? It's what pops up under "ANH Stormtrooper"

ebay

I always assume the negative before the positive so don't worry, I'm not rushing to purchase from this seller or any other on E-bay

I don't think this is in any way related to Star Fortress....see I do some research ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 9/15/2012 at 3:51 PM, Look sir. Droids! said:

I hear a lot of the ebay kits are re casts and not 501st acceptable...what about this seller sefni.international from UK? It's what pops up under "ANH Stormtrooper"

----------

I always assume the negative before the positive so don't worry, I'm not rushing to purchase from this seller or any other on E-bay

I don't think this is in any way related to Star Fortress....see I do some research ;)

Back away slowly until it's out of sight. Then start running!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 9/15/2012 at 3:51 PM, Look sir. Droids! said:

---------

Close the blast doors on that one, and look at the our vetted armor makers list....I think you will my very happy with one of them.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed