RTA

When I try make armour I am gonna document it so much to avoid this kind of stuff. Although that won't be for a while yet. :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately that's the problem. The legion council don't want to get involved protecting the people that supply them with legitimate good quality armour. They would rather let recasters run rife and that makes the likes of me, TM, RS and others weary of selling our goods. Madness.

Its a pitty but actually what can you do? Except spreading word and disagree with the whole situation?

Its a shame that other people take somebodys hard work and try to make profit out of it but in case of recasting armor with no copyright ect theyre still in the grey zone when it comes to right or wrong. I think they kick respect and fairness with theyr feet and its totally wrong but since nobody in the PG sees the need to step in and bring it to a stand still we can only hope no one will ever buy of them.

Wich will unfortunatlely not happen since most people will just see the lower price and not the honor to somebody like TM who created a masterpiece.

Sad but true. We can only inform all troopers in our garrisons to stay away from polish recastscum!

Spread word and inform thats all we can do!!

@TM keep your head up, there are loads of people appreciating your work!!!

Just my 2ct

Troopermaster, could you please explain me why do you say that the RTA is a recast? Is it because the RTA is similar to your armor? Or maybe because you don't believe that SID and Mariusz have sculpted their moulds from scratch? When you look at these pictures (https://picasaweb.go...9071516/TMVsRTA), you can actually say that these armors are similar. But when you look closer, you will notice, that RTA is slightly bigger. OK, someone said that this is result of recasting by dropping armor in silicone. But please look at this photo. Upper and lower edge is completely different.

rta1.jpg

Or for instance those parts, RTA is much bigger.

P1120985.JPG

Ā 

I would like to quote something:

Here is a thing. My friend and I are talking about having a go at sculpting some armour. Principally we are talking about using photographs and the films as our main resources. having said that I have an fx suit and an mrce helmet and I can just see it being used as a reference for basic shape. Not deliberately but you know how it is.

Ā 

What is the general opinion, could this be classed as recast? depending on how it turned out, would it be fairer to say that it is fx derived? even though the intention is obvously to create a brand new set of moulds as a new sculpt.

Ā 

Also having seen some old posts on other forums deriding troopermasters work as a recast in what way could you evidence your own work. Personally I would be gutted to create a suit only for it to be decided that its got to be ripped of as 'the suit is too hard for anyone to create from scratch'.

I cant see a photographic record as ever being quite good enough.

Ā 

discuss

Ā 

Ā 

Garreth

Using them as reference is fine, dropping them in silicone is considered to be recasting. I would say a photo record documenting the sculpt would be fine.

Ā 

Have a look around the forum there are so many threads on this subject. It can get a little boring for a lot of us as these issues have been beaten to death so many times!

Ā 

Have fun.

Ā 

Joe

http://www.whitearmo...?showtopic=9072

Maybe I'm wrong, but for me it's same situations as with RTA armor. Unfortunately, RTA armor authors didn't read that topic and this is the reason why they didn't prepare full photographic documentation of sculpting process.

However, photos published by Locitus show the process of sculpting some parts. This does not look like dropping armor in silicon. From what I know, they have had more pictures from the sculpting process, but they have lost them due to HDD failure. You may say that this is silly explanation. But seriously, all of you have backups of your photos?

Ā 

Maybe I'm wrong, but nobody forbid me to express my opinion. I should mention that I'm not a member of 501 legion or Polish Garrison. I want to buy a Stormtrooper armor and RTA seems to be a good option.

Ā 

Finally, I have small favor. If you want to write that I'm stupid because I'm writting these things, please explain why do you think so. That's all.

Damian, RTA has copied every single detail and shape of the TM armour and now they call it their own.

Ā 

It's sad that you are in favor of recasting, it's revolting. Be a man, say no to recasting and buy the real thing.

I'm not in favor of recasting. I just don't know what recasting really is and why all of you are saying that RTA is a recast. I thought, that recasting is making exact copy of something (e.g. armor or helmet) using some special technics like dropping part in silicon, and then making mould using that silicon form. I thought that recasted armor is something like chinese imitation - poor quality, low details and so on. Sorry guys, but for me, this all quarrel about RTA looks rather like Apple's patent war. E.g. Apple's accusations against Samsung, because Samsung Galaxy S shape is similar to iPhone. Same situation with Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab. If we go this way of thinking, each next new created armor should be different that those already on the market. Maybe RTA should look like this one:

R883035.jpg

Question ; How is it that it's ok when RS cast their suits from original ANH armor?

Ā 

Isn't the original ANH armor the hard work of somebody else?

Ā 

I'm not supporting recasting, is just that recast work usually succeeds because it's economically price better.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm just going to step in here for a moment and say please keep this thread on topic. The issue of the origins of RTA is the discussion here. It's obviously an important discussion to the community and important information for all.

Ā 

However let's not veer of into yet another 'morality of recasting' debate. If you want to raise that as a general issue the conversations have been going on here, here and here.

Ā 

Carry on :salute:

Troopermaster, could you please explain me why do you say that the RTA is a recast? Is it because the RTA is similar to your armor?

Ā 

RTA has copied my armour to make their own. They either filled the parts with plaster or cast it from the outside then filled these moulds which could explain why the parts are bigger. Just because some of the areas are different doesn't mean they didn't use my armour as a base. They have changed some of the areas to look different and to cast doubt in peoples mind, just like it seems they have done to you.

Ā 

Using anyone elses armour (or whatever you are casting) as a base and changing a few areas is still recasting. The changes they have made are very minor and the RTA still screams out TM to me and everyone else who is familiar with my work.

Ā 

If you want to learn more about reasting then click one of the links above.

Unless it's a fan sculpt it's recast from something at some point in time.

Recasting fan sculpts like RTA has done is just dirty and hence why everyone gets up in arms about it.

Gentlemen,

Ā 

I have done business with all of you and we even have exchanged some friendly PMs and emails. I like you all.

Ā 

But, please, keep in mind that this thread is about RTA recasting, not about TM build history.

Ā 

I'd like for once read a thread which is not diluted with various accusations that don't belong to the topic.

Ā 

Ā 

*Move along*

Karin makes a good point. If you want to talk TM helmet linage then make a new thread for that to bash it out in. If it's not important enough for any of you to do that I say we go back on topic.

I think we've gotten everything we can from this thread and I can see that it's starting to head in the wrong direction. I'm going to head it off at the pass and close this up.