arduino: a cheap board for E11 blaster effects

HI,
very nice work
I'll throw myself too

@JohnDoe2000  an example=

10 SEGMENT LED BAR GRAPH DISPLAY  with 4 wires: +/- (3,3v) and clk/dio.  No resistors  :)

http://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/1267854/platine-dextension-pour-Linker-Kit-LK-LEDM-Barre?queryFromSuggest=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJMMoY5VFF0

// demo of Grove - Led Bar
/*
 * sort LedBarre I2C de 0 a 10
 * maintenant avec un BP on diminue le compte
 */

#include <LED_Bar.h>

LED_Bar bar(8, 7);                  // config Io here, (clk, dio)
int i; int T; int Cmpt=10;
int EtatBP; int LastBP; const int BPPin = 11;

void setup()
{
   Serial.begin(9600);

pinMode(BPPin, INPUT);

}//fin setup

void loop(){

if (digitalRead(BPPin)==HIGH) {EtatBP=1;} else {EtatBP=0;}
  if (EtatBP !=LastBP) {
    if (EtatBP==1) {
      Cmpt--;}
      LastBP = EtatBP;  }

for(int R=10; R >=0; R--) {
       if (Cmpt > R) {bar.setSingleLed(R, 1);}
         else {bar.setSingleLed(R, 0);}  }   

Serial.print("  Cmpt  "); Serial.println(Cmpt);

}//fin loop

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

how difficult (and is it possible) to make this into a 2 button only option? For example button 1 for trigger, then say button 2 for reload and button 2 held down for a couple seconds for weapon select.

Hello together,

I got a problem and i hope you can help me. I also started this Blaster Project with an Arduino Mini Pro, and a WT5001M02-28P. I use the code from Skyone and the problem is that all sounds are playing in loop and wont stop, from the start sound beginnning and then it plays the blast sound throughout without pressing a button. i started to test the programming of the arduino and let it play only one file without buttons or something, that was the same effect and it plays in loop. void setup() {

// start sound
Serial.write(0x7E);
Serial.write(0x04);
Serial.write(0xA0); // A0 for SD card
Serial.write(0x00);
Serial.write(0x3d); // track number
Serial.write(0x7E);
delay(5000);
}

void loop() {
}

it only will stop if i add this code

Serial.write(0x7E);
Serial.write(0x02); //STOP Sound
Serial.write(0xA4); 
Serial.write(0x7E);

after every sound file. Is there anyone who can help me please? 

I had a similar problem when I made mine, turned out that one of the switches was a "normal open" when it should have been "normal close" I can't recall which one it was, but to test, simply hold one of your current switches closed whilst powering up. If no change, shut down, hold the next switch closed and repeat. You might have a different problem, but it's worth a try.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello together,

I got a problem and i hope you can help me. I also started this Blaster Project with an Arduino Mini Pro, and a WT5001M02-28P. I use the code from Skyone and the problem is that all sounds are playing in loop and wont stop, from the start sound beginnning and then it plays the blast sound throughout without pressing a button. i started to test the programming of the arduino and let it play only one file without buttons or something, that was the same effect and it plays in loop. void setup() {

// start sound
Serial.write(0x7E);
Serial.write(0x04);
Serial.write(0xA0); // A0 for SD card
Serial.write(0x00);
Serial.write(0x3d); // track number
Serial.write(0x7E);
delay(5000);
}

void loop() {
}

it only will stop if i add this code

Serial.write(0x7E);
Serial.write(0x02); //STOP Sound
Serial.write(0xA4); 
Serial.write(0x7E);

after every sound file. Is there anyone who can help me please? 

I have the exact same problem, I've tested the switches as suggested by Sergeant but its not that, if I press the fire or reload switch then the relevant sound keeps looping until I press something else... then that sound loops

ok i think i've figured out my issue, it would seem my WT5001M02-28P repeats the sound file as default which it shouldnt accordning to the PDF file. To fix the issue I just added this code to the beginning just after you define the serial settings.

Serial.write(0x7E);
    Serial.write(0x03);
    Serial.write(0xA9);
    Serial.write(0x00); //  added this code for single and no cycle play
    Serial.write(0x7E);

@Del

a idea

const int BPTrigg = 2;
const int BPReload = 3;
int EtatTrigg, LastTrigg;
int Choice, Reload, Select;
unsigned long Tempo;
int Fire;

void setup() {
  pinMode(BPTrigg, INPUT);
  pinMode(BPReload, INPUT);

} //end setup

void loop() {

// trigger
  if (digitalRead(BPTrigg)==HIGH) {EtatTrigg=1;} else {EtatTrigg=0;}
  if (EtatTrigg !=LastTrigg) {
    if (EtatTrigg==1) {
      Fire=1; } // sound+light..and Fire=0;
      LastTrigg = EtatTrigg;  }   

// button 2 for reload and button 2 held down for a couple seconds for weapon select
  if (digitalRead(BPReload)==HIGH) {if (Tempo==0) {Tempo=millis(); Choice=1; } }
    else { if (Choice==1 &&  millis()<Tempo+2000) {Reload=1; Choice=0;}
           if (Choice==1 &&  millis()>Tempo+2000) {Select=1; Choice=0;} }

// Reload = sound+light..and Reload=0;      
// Select = sound..and Select=0;

} //end loop

Anyone looking to do something like this for an F-11? Not sure if there is a way to do the ammo counter since that one is just 3 red lights on the ammo and the same on the side.  I am sure it is doable.

Hey there!  I just purchased everything needed for an Arduino blaster and just received the Arduino board in the mail today.

Thing is, I'm going for an ESB, so I won't be needing (or have the space for) the counter, ammo, reload, green LEDs or even any additional sounds other than Blast & Stun.

I want the quality of sound that Arduino delivers without the "extras"essentially.  

Seeing as how I am a total novice at this, I was wondering if someone might be able to modify the code to allow for the following?:

- On switch with sound

- Standard E-11 blast with red LED

- Stun blast with blue LED

- switch (to switch between stun and blaster) sound with sound.

That's it!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  All of this will be going into a Blaster build using an aluminum pipe with real Sterling parts attached.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to you I have returned to work on my RT97c, since I saw the skyone's blaster running I want to adapt it to my project.

I'm picking the elements of electronics, and while I wait between sanding and paste learn something from arduino code.

Seriously, you're all guilty of that learn new things. Thanks

Edited by sand_fox_trooper

Hey there! I just purchased everything needed for an Arduino blaster and just received the Arduino board in the mail today.

Thing is, I'm going for an ESB, so I won't be needing (or have the space for) the counter, ammo, reload, green LEDs or even any additional sounds other than Blast & Stun.

I want the quality of sound that Arduino delivers without the "extras"essentially.

Seeing as how I am a total novice at this, I was wondering if someone might be able to modify the code to allow for the following?:

- On switch with sound

That's it! Any help would be greatly appreciated! All of this will be going into a Blaster build using an aluminum pipe with real Sterling parts attached.

Don't get the full Resin kit from Doopydoo. The pipe only has 2 cm diameter. Not really much space for arduino. Depending on the type arduino you have.

Get the Doopydoo or other Resin pipe kit (e.g. From dday). You have up to 4 cm then.

A second option is the grip. But you need to cut out the space you need with a Dremel or something equal.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there! I just purchased everything needed for an Arduino blaster and just received the Arduino board in the mail today.

- On switch with sound

That's it! Any help would be greatly appreciated! All of this will be going into a Blaster build using an aluminum pipe with real Sterling parts attached.

Feel free to check out the modified code that I did for my blaster (link to my build thread is in my sig). That should cover what you are looking for.

Feel free to check out the modified code that I did for my blaster (link to my build thread is in my sig). That should cover what you are looking for.

Awesome, thanks!

\m/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone happen to have Audio files for this or know where i could get some?

I got them from the author, you could send him a PM and ask if you can get them.

I have the following problem:

I can play a sound, but it doesn't stop afterwards, it just keeps repeating this sound.

Edit: Thanks to the solution of Del I was able to fix it, thanks.

Edited by Fi-8015

I got them from the author, you could send him a PM and ask if you can get them.

I have the following problem:

I can play a sound, but it doesn't stop afterwards, it just keeps repeating this sound.

Edit: Thanks to the solution of Del I was able to fix it, thanks.

Yeah it said his skyone cannot receive any new messages. I just been kind of looking around online for them. 

But mine is doing the same thing. I also just keeps repeating it self. Not sure on that. I also cant get it to play anything until i run my Neg speaker wire across the board. Figure that one out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing work Manuel!

I just accidentally happened on this thread when looking for similar minded people working on similar projects. Currently I'm working on a Bounty Hunter blaster project for my son's birthday from a modified NERF toy, started about a week ago, first impression is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yahG9uOorS0

For the electronics I used a DIYino board, which has everything already integrated. It uses another MP3 module as the one used here but it works excellently.

I also opted to use neopixels both for the running lights and the nozzle light. Not as bright as HP-LED, but I make it for a 5-years old, no need to burn eyes.

Code is still very basic:

- single shots

- ammo counter on OLED display

- empty clip

- reload function

- nozzle with running light

Some pics I found on my phone (sent to a friend):

IMG_20160909_222358318_zpssfftlvvk.jpg

IMG_20160914_223619837_zps3r6xd8ym.jpg

IMG_20160914_223931886_zpsyoc0carr.jpg

I plan to make a better video as I go on adding additional features, I already got a lot of crazy ideas from the bunch of you guys, thanks a lot for the inspiration!