arduino: a cheap board for E11 blaster effects

there is no need to change the code, i used an arduino pro mini to control the speaker of the helmet and no difficult to program it

just get the 5volt version and the USB to RS232 converter to program it

the digital pins and pwm pins are same number as arduino nano

and get a 5v 1A voltage regulator to power the mini amp and the mp3 player, because, as you can see, it's not supported on that board.

thanks manuel, i will use the mini pro, if i can do make to work i will post my results, do  you think i can put diodes in the battery voltage to decrease the voltage to 5v?

it's  better you use a voltage regulator

that you need only for mp3 amp and mp3 player because arduino mini pro has its own

That's the same route (building a power regulator circuit) I'm taking since I have to power the mp3 and amp with only 3v

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by Marshall

Hi all,

I want to build an arduino blaster, too. All parts have been ordered (in three different currencies by the way) and the first parts have arrived. Yesterday I tested the Arduino and edited the blinking program. So far, so good. I have some expericences with raspberry pi but this will be my first arduino project. I think this will be very funny.

Greetings from Germany and I wish you a nice arduino weekend :)

• Like 1

Hi all,

here is is small update from Germany. I received the first parts of my arduino blaster build. With this parts i wars able to activate the counter :) nice, isn't it ;) The trigger and reload button are working fine. Now I have to wait for the RGB LED and the sound module. 

r1zc3r.jpg

Edited by JohnDoe2000

Hi all,

I have an idea and perhaps anyone can help me. I plan to control each LED of the 10 segment display and not only 5 LEDs. At the moment the nano always turns two LEDs off at the same time. For instance after 8 shots the first tow of the LEDs turns off. I want that the first LED turns off after 4 short and the second after another 4 shots.

Long, long ago I've learned that I'm able to get 16 states out of 4 bits. So today I googled a little bit and ordered this decoder:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/231737470476?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The main idea is to get more flexibility to control the 10 segment display and you only have to use 4 instead of 5 digital outputs. If my calculations are correct I have the use 150Ohm resistors instead of the 30 Ohm resistors.

What do you think about my idea? Does the decoder fit the project parameters? Can anyone help me?

Edited by JohnDoe2000

Hi Christian,

you don't need the multiplexer. The Pins A0 - A5 can also be used as digital pins (only in case that the Arduino copy will work like the original one).

Today my WT5001 arrived and i will build a test circuit. I will work on this problem,too.

Best reguards from Germany ;)

Hi Christian,

you don't need the multiplexer. The Pins A0 - A5 can also be used as digital pins (only in case that the Arduino copy will work like the original one).

Today my WT5001 arrived and i will build a test circuit. I will work on this problem,too.

Best reguards from Germany ;)

Hi Nik,

a coworker of me told me exactly the same today. I already tested to control one LED of the 10 segment display with the analog input pin A0 and it works very well. :)

So if the extra wire fit in the pipe, I think I implement the other 4 LEDs, too. It wars vary easy to use the analog pin. The syntax ist the same and you don't need to initialize extra libs and you don't have to implement extra methods.

Very cool :)

regards,

Christian 

Edited by JohnDoe2000

I've made a somewhat lighter version of Skyone's Arduino Kit:

Unfortunately, the sound of the trigger switch is behaving funnily in the sense that it only plays the switch sounds irregularly but without any frequent pattern. This is a Link to the code:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=58488474502670898710

Any ideas are much appreciated :)

Cheers

Edited by StriderX

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have had the same problem, it is caused by sending the single no cycle command all the time, even if it already set.

I added a function which checks if a change is needed and only sends the command in this case.

Sadly i can´t post the needed lines as my code differs pretty much from the original one.

But if its ok and does not create confusion with the original project i can post the whole layout/code here.

Regards

Hi,

So here is the full layout and code, its still pretty much in beta state, especially everything with the counter needs a rewrite. And not everything planed is supported yet.

The layout is based on the arduino nano, i used the internal pullups on the arduino board, thats the reason why the whole triggerlogic is inverted, and its missing the trigger resistors.

I was not able to get a 2GB SD card so i testet a 8GB SD HC and is does the job flawless, even when the soundmodule descriptions told that you are limited to the small ones.

Regards

Rainer

Schaltplan_zpsqkujb9v7.jpg

/*
Project "E-11 Blaster"
by Evildead

this version is compatible with WT-SD MP3 PLAYER

created  28 Nov 2015
 last modified 12 Dec 2015

This is based on Project "Open Blaster" by TK8177

PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENCE. THE WORK IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT
AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENCE OR COPYRIGHT
LAW IS PROHIBITED. BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND
BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENCE. THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Attribution-NonCommercial

You are free:
    to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
    to make derivative works

Under the following conditions:
    Attribution — You must give the original author credit.
    Non-Commercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes

*/

// this constant won't change:
const int SelectorSwitch    = 6;    // WEAPON SELECTOR
const int TriggerSwitch     = 7;    // FIRE
const int ReloadSwitch      = 8;    // WEAPON RELOAD    
const int LedFireRed        = 10;   // LED FIRE (RED)
const int LedFireBlue       = 9;    // LED FIRE (BLUE)
const int LedFireGreen      = 11;   // LED FIRE (GREEN)
const int LedCounterG10     = 2;    // Green Counter Green 10
const int LedCounterG9      = 3;    // Green Counter Green 9
const int LedCounterG8      = 4;    // Green Counter Green 8
const int LedCounterG7      = 5;    // Green Counter Green 7
const int LedCounterG6      = A5;   // Green Counter Green 6
const int LedCounterG5      = A4;   // Green Counter Green 5
const int LedCounterG4      = A3;   // Green Counter Green 4
const int LedCounterR3      = A2;   // Green Counter Red 3
const int LedCounterR2      = A1;   // Green Counter Red 2
const int LedCounterR1      = A0;   // Green Counter Red 1

//Weapon Settings

const int Max_Weapons                    = 4;    // Defines Maximum Weapons
const int Max_Random_Sound_Arrays        = 2;    // Defines Maximum Weapons
const int Max_Random_Sounds              = 13;   // Defines Maximum Random Sounds

// Variables will change:
unsigned long SelectorSwitchHoldT;
boolean AllowSelect = false;
int RadioHoldDelay = 3000;                      // Sets the hold delay of Selector Switch for Radio Mode
int SelectorState = HIGH;
int SelectorSwitch_LastState = HIGH;
int TriggerSwitch_LastState = HIGH;
int ReloadSwitch_LastState = HIGH;
int CurrentPlayMode = 0;
int CounterArray[10] = {A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, 5, 4, 3, 2};

//                                           1---2---3---4               Weapon Number

int WeaponMaxAmmoArray[Max_Weapons]      = {10, 10, 10, 10};             // Add maximum Weapon ammo here
int WeaponTypeArray[Max_Weapons]         = { 1,  1,  3,  3};             // Weapon Type 1 = Weapon with Ammo 2 = Weapon unlimited Ammo 3 = Random Sound Player
int WeaponFireSoundArray[Max_Weapons]    = { 7,  8,  0,  1};             // Number of Fire Sound File or Number of random sound array
int WeaponReloadSoundArray[Max_Weapons]  = { 3,  3,  0,  0};             // Number of Reload Sound File
int WeaponEmptySoundArray[Max_Weapons]   = { 5,  5,  0,  0};             // Number of Empty Sound File
int WeaponFireLightArray[Max_Weapons]    = { 1,  2,  1,  0};             // Number of Fire Lighting
int WeaponReloadLightArray[Max_Weapons]  = { 1,  1,  1,  1};             // Number of Reload Lighting
int WeaponEmptyLightArray[Max_Weapons]   = { 1,  1,  1,  1};             // Number of Empty Lighting

//                                                                    Add sound file numbers for random sound player here, each row must have the maximum number of sound files. Not used places need to be 0

int RandomSoundArray[Max_Random_Sound_Arrays][Max_Random_Sounds] =  {{22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34},
                                                                    { 35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43, 0, 0, 0, 0}};
int RandomArray;
int RandomTrack;
int WeaponAmmoArray[Max_Weapons];
int WeaponSelected                = 0;
int CounterState                  = 0;
int TriggerState                  = HIGH;
int ReloadState                   = HIGH;

long TrackCounter2 = 0;

int var_loop_ammo        = 0;
int ledStateAmmo         = LOW;              // ledState used to set the LED
long previousMillisAmmo  = 0;                // will store last time LED was updated
long intervalAmmo        = 180;              // interval at which to blink (milliseconds)

void setup()
{
    delay(600); //pause needed to play the track at startup

// initialize the switch pins as a input:

pinMode(SelectorSwitch, INPUT_PULLUP);
    pinMode(TriggerSwitch, INPUT_PULLUP);
    pinMode(ReloadSwitch, INPUT_PULLUP);

// initialize the LEDs as an output:

pinMode(LedFireRed, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedFireBlue, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedFireGreen, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterG10, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterG9, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterG8, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterG7, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterG6, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterG5, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterG4, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterR3, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterR2, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LedCounterR1, OUTPUT);

// Turn fire leds off

digitalWrite(LedFireRed, LOW);
    digitalWrite(LedFireBlue, LOW);
    digitalWrite(LedFireGreen, LOW);

// Fill ammo array

for(int i = 0; i < Max_Weapons; i++)
    { WeaponAmmoArray[i] = WeaponMaxAmmoArray[i]; }

// initialize serial communication:

Serial.begin(9600);
    randomSeed(analogRead(6));      

Serial.write(0x7E);     // StartEndCode
    Serial.write(0x03);     // Lenght
    Serial.write(0xA7);     // Volume Command
    Serial.write(0x1d);     // Volume (hexadecimal conversion 1-31 --> 1f = max  / 14 = medium)

// start sound
    Serial.write(0x04);     // Lenght
    Serial.write(0xA0);     // Play from SD Card
    Serial.write(0x00);     // Highbyte
    Serial.write(0x01);     // track number 01

delay (300);
    CounterStart ();
    delay (3600);

// random vader welcome

TrackCounter2 = random(0,3);  // play files random vader voice

Serial.write(0x04);     // Length
    Serial.write(0x00);     // Hightbyte

if ( TrackCounter2 == 0 )
        { Serial.write(0x3c); }
    if ( TrackCounter2 == 1 )
        { Serial.write(0x3d); }
    if ( TrackCounter2 == 2 )
        { Serial.write(0x3e); }
    if ( TrackCounter2 == 3 )
        { Serial.write(0x3f); }

}

void loop()
{

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SELECTOR BEGIN --------------------------------------------------------------------------

SelectorState = digitalRead(SelectorSwitch);                                                // read the SelectorSwitch input pin:

if (SelectorState == LOW && SelectorSwitch_LastState == HIGH)       // Selector is pressed
    {
        SelectorSwitchHoldT = millis();                     // mark the time
        AllowSelect = true;                                 // allow state changes
    }

if (AllowSelect == true && SelectorState == LOW && SelectorSwitch_LastState == LOW)      //Selector remain pressed
    {
        if ((millis() - SelectorSwitchHoldT) >= RadioHoldDelay)                              // for longer than x/1000 sec(s) Enter Radio Mode
        {
            Serial.write(0x00);     // Highbit
            Serial.write(0x40);     // track number button sound

delay (1500);

Serial.write(0x00);     // Highbit
            Serial.write(0x41);     // Track number

ChangePlayMode (0);
            AllowSelect = false;                                                             // prevent multiple state changes
        }
    }

if (AllowSelect == true && SelectorState == HIGH && SelectorSwitch_LastState == LOW)
    {
        if ((millis() - SelectorSwitchHoldT) < 700 )  //debounce
        {
            ChangePlayMode (0);
            PlaySelectSound ();
            WeaponSelected ++;
            if (WeaponSelected == Max_Weapons)                                               // Last Weapon reached return to first
                { WeaponSelected = 0; }
            UpdateCounterLed();
            AllowSelect = false;                                                             // prevent multiple state changes
        }
    }

SelectorSwitch_LastState = SelectorState;

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------- SELECTOR END ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WEAPONS ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Weapon Fires ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TriggerState = digitalRead(TriggerSwitch);                                                                  // shots count - read the pin value and save it

if (TriggerState == LOW && WeaponAmmoArray[WeaponSelected] == 0)                                            // Trigger is pulled but weapon is empty
    {
        UpdateCounterLed ();
        if (TriggerState != TriggerSwitch_LastState)                                                            // compare the TriggerState to its previous state
        {
            PlayEmptySound ();
        }
    }

if (TriggerState == LOW && WeaponTypeArray[WeaponSelected] == 1 && WeaponAmmoArray[WeaponSelected] > 0)     // Trigger is pulled and weapon not empty and weapon have ammo
    {
        if (TriggerState != TriggerSwitch_LastState)                                                            // compare the TriggerState to its previous state
        {
            if (TriggerState == LOW)                                                                            // if the state has changed, decrement the counter
            {
                WeaponAmmoArray[WeaponSelected] = (WeaponAmmoArray[WeaponSelected] -1) ;
                UpdateCounterLed ();
                PlayFireSound ();
                PlayFireLight ();
            }
        }
    }

if (TriggerState == LOW && WeaponTypeArray[WeaponSelected] == 3)                                            // Trigger is pulled and weapon is in random soundfile mode
    {
        {
            if (TriggerState == LOW)
            {
                PlayRandomSound ();
                PlayFireLight ();
            }
        }
    }

TriggerSwitch_LastState = TriggerState;                                                                     // save the current state as the last state, for next time through the loop

if (WeaponAmmoArray[WeaponSelected] == 0)                                                                   // Check if weapon is empty and let red led blink
    { CounterStatusEmpty (); }

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Weapon Reloads -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReloadState = digitalRead(ReloadSwitch);
    if (ReloadState == LOW && WeaponTypeArray[WeaponSelected] == 1)                                             // No need to reload a weapon without ammo
    {
        PlayReloadSound ();
        CounterReload ();
        WeaponAmmoArray[WeaponSelected] = WeaponMaxAmmoArray[WeaponSelected] ;
    }
}

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SOUND FUNCTIONS -------------------------------------------------------

void ChangePlayMode (int PlayMode)
    {
        if (CurrentPlayMode != PlayMode)
        {
            Serial.write(0x7E);                                          // StartEndCode
            Serial.write(0x03);                                          // Lenght
            Serial.write(0xA9);                                          // Set Play Mode
            Serial.write(0x00+PlayMode);                                 // Set Play Mode to 0 No Cyle or 1 Cycle
            Serial.write(0x7E);                                          // StartEndCode

CurrentPlayMode = PlayMode;
        }
    }

void PlaySelectSound ()
    {
        Serial.write(0x7E);                                               // StartEndCode
        Serial.write(0x04);                                               // Length
        Serial.write(0xA0);                                               // SDCard Playback
        Serial.write(0x00);                                               // Highbyte
        Serial.write(0x04);                                               // Lowbyte Track 4
        Serial.write(0x7E);                                               // StartEndCode
    }

void PlayFireSound ()
    {
        Serial.write(0xA0);                                               // SDCard Playback
        Serial.write(highByte(WeaponFireSoundArray[WeaponSelected]));     // Highbyte
        Serial.write(lowByte(WeaponFireSoundArray[WeaponSelected]));      // Lowbyte
    }

void PlayEmptySound ()
    {         
        Serial.write(highByte(WeaponEmptySoundArray[WeaponSelected]));    // Highbyte
        Serial.write(lowByte(WeaponEmptySoundArray[WeaponSelected]));     // Lowbyte

delay(500);
    }

void PlayReloadSound ()
    {                 
        Serial.write(0x7E);                                                // StartEndCode
        Serial.write(0x04);                                                // Length  
        Serial.write(0xA0);                                                // SDCard Playback
        Serial.write(highByte(WeaponReloadSoundArray[WeaponSelected]));    // Highbyte
        Serial.write(lowByte(WeaponReloadSoundArray[WeaponSelected]));     // Lowbyte
        Serial.write(0x7E);                                                // StartEndCode
    }

void PlayRandomSound ()
    {
        RandomArray = WeaponFireSoundArray[WeaponSelected];
        for(int i = 0; i < (Max_Random_Sounds); i++)
        {
            if (RandomSoundArray[RandomArray][i] == 0)
            {
                RandomTrack = random (0, (i -1));
                break;
            }
            if (i == (Max_Random_Sounds -1))
            {
                RandomTrack = random (0, (Max_Random_Sounds -1));
                break;
            }
        }

Serial.write(0x7E);                                                   // StartEndCode
        Serial.write(0x04);                                                   // Length
        Serial.write(0xA0);                                                   // SDCard Playback
        Serial.write(highByte(RandomSoundArray[RandomArray][RandomTrack]));   // Highbyte
        Serial.write(lowByte(RandomSoundArray[RandomArray][RandomTrack]));    // Lowbyte
        Serial.write(0x7E);                                                   // StartEndCode
    }

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LIGHT FUNCTIONS -------------------------------------------------------

void PlayFireLight ()
    {
        switch (WeaponFireLightArray[WeaponSelected])
        {
            case 1:                                         // E-11 Blaster
                delay(30); // pause to wait mp3 start

digitalWrite(LedFireRed, HIGH);
                digitalWrite(LedFireBlue, HIGH);
                digitalWrite(LedFireGreen, HIGH);

delay(1);

digitalWrite(LedFireBlue, LOW);
                digitalWrite(LedFireGreen, LOW);

delay(80);  // partial lenght of sound

digitalWrite(LedFireRed, LOW);

delay(250); // pause to wait the sound finish
                break;

case 2:                                       // E-11 Stun
                delay(30); // pause to wait mp3 start
                analogWrite(LedFireRed, 255);
                analogWrite(LedFireBlue, 255);
                analogWrite(LedFireGreen, 255);
                delay(30);
                analogWrite(LedFireRed, 0);
                analogWrite(LedFireGreen, 0);
                analogWrite(LedFireBlue, 0);
                delay(30);
                analogWrite(LedFireRed, 255);
                analogWrite(LedFireGreen, 255);
                delay(30);
                analogWrite(LedFireRed, 0);
                analogWrite(LedFireGreen, 0);
                delay(30);
                delay(50);
                delay(40);
                delay(30);

// fade out from max to min in increments of 5 points:
                for(int fadeValue = 255 ; fadeValue >= 0; fadeValue -=5)
                {
                    analogWrite(LedFireBlue, fadeValue);
                    delay(10);
                }       
                delay(100); // pause to wait the sound finish
                break;

default:
                break;
        }
    }

//------------------------------------------------------------------------ COUNTER FUNCTIONS -------------------------------------------------------

void UpdateCounterLed ()
    {
        CounterState = ((WeaponAmmoArray[WeaponSelected]*10) / WeaponMaxAmmoArray[WeaponSelected]);

for(int i = 0; i < CounterState; i++)
        {
            digitalWrite(CounterArray[i], HIGH);
        }

for(int i = 9; i >= CounterState; i--)
        {
            digitalWrite(CounterArray[i], LOW);
        }
    }

void CounterStatusEmpty ()                       //LED BAR - BLINKING END AMMO
    {
        // blinking led start
        unsigned long currentMillisAmmo = millis();
        if(currentMillisAmmo - previousMillisAmmo > intervalAmmo)
        {
            previousMillisAmmo = currentMillisAmmo;
            if (ledStateAmmo == LOW)
                ledStateAmmo = HIGH;
            else
                ledStateAmmo = LOW;

digitalWrite(LedCounterR1, ledStateAmmo);
            var_loop_ammo++;
        }  // blinking led END
    }

void CounterStart ()
    {
        for(int i = 0; i < 9; i++)
        {
            digitalWrite(CounterArray[i], HIGH);
            delay(30);
        }
        digitalWrite(CounterArray[9], HIGH);
    }

void CounterReload ()                         // delay total 2700      RELOAD AMMO LED BAR
    {
        for(int i = 9; i >= 0; i--)
        {
            digitalWrite(CounterArray[i], LOW);
        }
        delay(200);

for(int i = 0; i < 5; i++)
        {
            digitalWrite(CounterArray[0], HIGH);
            delay (300);
            digitalWrite(CounterArray[0], LOW);
            delay (200);