arduino: a cheap board for E11 blaster effects

• 3 months later...

Im building my kit this next week (hooray, vacation!). I will post as things happen. I'm pretty much building this exactly as the sketch is laid out, just adding a vibration motor of recoil effect. I would love to add some sort of LED screen for pics, scrolling effects, status updates, etc. Thatay be a mod I add down the road though

communication from the JRS DL

Edited by ptbenz

Get the LED driver from DX-Extreme (they ship from China). There is a link to the site and the part in the first post in the thread.

• Like 1

The best bet for the battery is amazon. You can find them normally with two batteries and a charger. Around 18-20 dollars if I recall correctly. Good luck with your build.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to build this in an entire kit for sale that would be awesome! :duim:

The issue with building this as a kit for sale is that there is no good way to predict the final installation of the electronics. Circuit board sizes, wiring lengths, etc.

An option would be to do it as a full production item, providing the customer with the electronics and fully assembled replica. That has its own issues (shipping restrictions, etc.), and you have hit the wall again.

Sadly, while Skyone's work is amazing, it is a DIY project.

If you take the plunge and hit the wall he is incredibly helpfull in troubleshooting. Now that mine is done, I would offer help as well, though I do not know electronics as well as Skyone.

Edited by Khazid
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Have started gathering all the needed electronics, and have a few plans for Easter eggs (Hidden features) as will be building one for me and one for another garrison member. I no doubt will be hitting you up with a few questions along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Sly11

If you get stuck I can help you a little, have done about 7 of these and still have a few parts left over if you get stuck. 

Not sure if you had seen ours at DW15 From the Desert Scorpion Squad.

Cheers Michael

• Like 2

Hi Sly11

If you get stuck I can help you a little, have done about 7 of these and still have a few parts left over if you get stuck.

Not sure if you had seen ours at DW15 From the Desert Scorpion Squad.

Cheers Michael

Hi Michael and thanks for the support.

Unfortunately I couldn't make DW this year, had a damn bike race on up at Noosa that weekend.

Currently have parts coming in from China, so once I get started I may very well drop you a line.

Cheers

Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

E11 arduino:

Almost done! Everything works but Im going to mod a few things, flip the led bar the right away, adjust some audio files and add a vibration motor to replicate recoil.

I customized some sound and added a Wampa set. I will be removing the jawa and adding fart gun back in.

Now to install. Im putting it in a new Disney Parks Hasbro with modified resin parts, working folding stock, laser site, and reticle. Feedback appreciated

• Like 2

E11 arduino:

Almost done! Everything works but Im going to mod a few things, flip the led bar the right away, adjust some audio files and add a vibration motor to replicate recoil.

I customized some sound and added a Wampa set. I will be removing the jawa and adding fart gun back in.

Now to install. Im putting it in a new Disney Parks Hasbro with modified resin parts, working folding stock, laser site, and reticle. Feedback appreciated

well done!

Have a steady stream of parts coming in from around the world. Will be doing two of these side by side with another Redback member.

this is definitely a DIY job, so will spend much of my time with the wiring and programing. Intend to use only some of the sound effects and then add a few surprises, call them Easter eggs to the second build. My fellow trooper will do more on the build side for the resin kits, and am even considering casting a few modified E11 parts to better fit the electronics.

Many thanks to Skyone for his inspiration build, am very excited to start this project.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha problem solved, I just worked out where i went wrong. please disregard the below.

Below is what i have posted on Khazids thread, with regards to my Arduino and uploading files to it.

As you will read i am having some trouble and have explained at the bottom what I have done.

Any pointers and help is greatly appreciated.

Did you ever get messages like this when trying to upload the program into the nano board?

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328"

Sketch uses 7,332 bytes (23%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.

Global variables use 237 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,811 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM1": The system cannot find the file specified.

Hi Skyone

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.c...shooting#uploadfor suggestions.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

So basically, as an experiment, I took your files as per the link, opened up the Arduino software put them in, plugged in the Arduino and hit the upload. It starts to run through the process, then gives me the above message Problem uploading to board. Only just started to play around with the software but thought it might be a simple thing, I am doing wrong.

Edited by Sly11

Hi there,

I've just ordered all the parts (mostly from china, hengstler from Germany) to build my sound system for my hasbro/doopydoos conversion.

Any chance you could pm me the sound files package please?

i sent you  a PM