arduino: a cheap board for E11 blaster effects

Hi I'm new to the forums here and am thrilled with this design I have been looking forwar to building my own e11 for a few years now. That said I have a few questions, how does the file name system work ie 001.mp3 = reload sound, do you use multiple folders and lastly for the open source is there a web page where I can contribute any changes that I make to the design?

TY.

the name system work as requested by the data sheet of the mp3 sound module. In this case the files and folders must be named 001, 002, 003... you can use one or multiple folders (i used multiple folders). You are welcome to share any contribution about the code and circutit here.

Edited by skyone

• 2 weeks later...

the module works fine

while plays mp3 files without problem and with a very good quality; wav files are supported (44.100hz/16bit/stereo) but with issues: the file starts to play only after 1 or 2 seconds of blank sound with a fading-in effect. tried to lower the sampling rate without any change.

something odd: if you want to keep the files order, firse must create the mp3 playlist on hard disk (0001.mp3, 0002.mp3, ecc) and when ready copy to the root of the micro-SD card. If you rename or change something on microsd card it will messy the order.

I used 2 watt stereo speakers @ 8ohm: if used in mono no problem, when stereo you can hear clipping. With a mini amplifier no problem at all also in stereo mode.

The serial code is almost the same of the bigger mp3 sound module (the one i used on my blaster), this one is more basic because doesn't support folders.

So if you are going to use this sound module you will need to modify the serial commands in the code i released for this project (very easy)

p1000617u.jpg

p1000618u.jpg

the video test:

the code used in the video
const int buttonPinFire = 7; // FIRE

// variables will change:
int buttonState = 0; // variable for reading the pushbutton status

void setup() {

// initialize the button pin as a input:
pinMode(buttonPinFire, INPUT);

// initialize serial communication:
Serial.begin(9600);

Serial.write(0x7E);
Serial.write(0x03);
Serial.write(0xA7);
Serial.write(0x1F); // volume max
Serial.write(0x7E);

// start sound
Serial.write(0x7E);
Serial.write(0x04);
Serial.write(0xA0); // A0 for SD card
Serial.write((byte)0x00);
Serial.write(0x02); // track number
Serial.write(0x7E);
delay(3000);

}

void loop()
{

buttonState = digitalRead(buttonPinFire);
if (buttonState == HIGH) {

Serial.write(0x7E);
Serial.write(0x04);
Serial.write(0xA0); // A0 for SD card
Serial.write((byte)0x00);
Serial.write(0x01); // track number
Serial.write(0x7E);
delay(300);
}

}

wcxq.jpg

kdgd.jpg

Edited by skyone

Thanks for that Skyone.

Will give this one a try as my somo14d module is not very good, don't like the clicks and if I add the 3watt mini amp it's worse.

• 2 weeks later...

i also received a new set of speakers and they perform well

img1569u.jpg

size is 70mm x 30mm, the seller is SourcingMap

i am waiting a second set i ordered from the same site, should perform even louder because @ 4 ohm (the mini amp will perform best at this ohm rate)

70mmx30mm Rectangle Shape Aluminum Internal Speaker Loudspeaker 4 Ohm 3W

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi skyone, I have a question, in the diagram, in each ground line of buttons there is a resistance of 10 kohm (r2,r3,r4), this is correct because I do not see in the list of components. greetings from mexico.

Edited by cibcon1

• 4 weeks later...

thanks skyone I am in the process of buying everything, here in mexico they have no idea of the main components, so all buy from usa and hopefully in a month or two to have everything and start the project, if I have questions I hope you can help me . greetings.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious, can you use the MP3 player module I linked below for this setup? Apologies if I am asking a ridiculous question, I know almost nothing about how all the components need to be compatible. I happened to come across the slim type version of an mP3 module and thought that might help reduce space issues.

http://www.mdfly.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=83

Edited by Bulldog44

Just curious, can you use the MP3 player module I linked below for this setup? Apologies if I am asking a ridiculous question, I know almost nothing about how all the components need to be compatible. I happened to come across the slim type version of an mP3 module and thought that might help reduce space issues.

http://www.mdfly.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=83

i think yes

you can control it via TTL serial commands with arduino

but it needs 12volts

i think yes

you can control it via TTL serial commands with arduino

but it needs 12volts

Thanks Manuel. I am not even close to starting a project like this but thought I need to do my homework once I do. I guess 12 volts means larger battery so that would cause spacing problems. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...