arduino: a cheap board for E11 blaster effects

if you are using the same mp3 player board u can get my code here [not final]

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,109432.0.html

you must login the forum to be able to download

as for the wiring u need to connect the RX of the mp3 board to the TX of the arduino to send data, as well the 5volts and the audio pins.

if you are using the same mp3 player board u can get my code here [not final]

http://arduino.cc/fo...c,109432.0.html

you must login the forum to be able to download

as for the wiring u need to connect the RX of the mp3 board to the TX of the arduino to send data, as well the 5volts and the audio pins.

Thanx skyone, that has really helped me out. I was trying to serial write the address of the mp3 in one go, not each field at a time.

You are the master

testing that everything is still working before assembly and paint the hengster counter

IMG_0478.jpg

everything working fine :)the sd-card slot now is moved on the upside because in the front side i didn't consider that the receiver doesn't allow to eject or insdert the sd-card (dumb me!)i am going to install a transparent palstic sheet to protect the led bar. I drilled the hole for the led status. I added inside the box a filter in the front side.

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Edited by skyone

today i worked on the magazine receiver, where the battery will be stored

as told before, the battery chosen to run Arduino is a Phottix Titan 7,4volts 1400mAh litium for canon 550d/600d/650d EOS cameras. I tested that battery before and the amperage is real; it costed just 10 euro from Hong Kong.

Then i bought from ebay a charger plate for only 2 euro, that solved me a lot of troubles to build the battery housing. I had just to cut the unnecessary part.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

Finally, i added the ON/OFF main switch.

Tomorrow i will close the box and will build the magazine, that will cover the excess part of the battery.

IMG_0509.jpg

Edited by skyone

receiver with 7.4volt lithium battery inside installed and ready to paint

i also installed the folding stock with 2 screws on the front and 2 screws on the back

next steps:

finish the nozzle and install the RGB led on it (i am not going to use the resin one)

install the 3 or 4 resin doppydoo stuffs (as the aim)

paint the blaster without electronic inside

intall the electronic and kills the rebels! :D

p.s.

had to buy more wires! i finished them.

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

Edited by skyone

worked on nozzle

I sliced ​​2 pvc pipes like a sausage and I got the 2 "slices"

sanded a lot, drilled and sanded again. Then glued togheter. When dry, i will finish to sand and screw on the black plastic cap where inside it will be installed the LED

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Edited by skyone

finished the nozzle, the house for the 3WATT RGB LED

the LED will be secured with 2 screws inside the plastic plug

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

some minor stuffs

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

painted the Hengslter counter and re-assembled. Then tested again before installing on the blaster, wich is under painting

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

very soon it will be finished, but the hardest part will be to place cables inside..

Edited by skyone

as expected, it was not easy to fit the cables inside, mostly because the speakers fit exactly the inner pvc pipe without gaps, so don't leave much space for placing wires.

but i did it :)

IMG_0642.jpg

everything is working 100%

now i should give another coat of paint to cover the colored cables, paint the handle grip, add the vent rails (i have the rubber ones), and it's ready fro Romics event at end of month

Arduino inside ;)

IMG_0639.jpg

Edited by skyone

I had a hard enough time fitting my electronics into my spring, can't believe how much is in yours, looking good :D

yea! i had to order smaller speakers but the sound is so good now :)

I found one small speaker to fit in mine but I may add another, as I used hi-bright led's they use a bit of power so the sound board loses a bit of volume. I think it's like eveyones builds, they are a work in progresss, you always want to improve what you have. Hope the painting is progressing well ;)

yes painted finished and now installing t-tracks with super-attack. Tomorrow will paint also the folding stock and the aim, so the blaster will be completed.

the paint is a bit textured to give a more metal look

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

Edited by skyone

thanks guys

i am adding some new sounds

another folder(weapon) with star wars soundtracks, imperial march included (fire to skip tracks)

last folder with funny sounds (farts.. :D just for fun)

Edit:

just for fun

Fart machine added: 6 fart sounds at random with led off (last weapon after jawas sounds)

Edited by skyone

today i tested for the first time the blaster with arduino in a big event here in Rome (Romics). It was amazing. So many sounds, so much fun. The battery Phottix Lp-e8 lasted around 7 hours of massive use, that means with a spare battery it will last a full day event.

these 2 shots show the blaster in action (was me and a friend from rebel legion), soon i will post a review video.

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

Edited by skyone