The original!

Guest MasterBlaster

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this video pops up quite a bit. Here's something that might help you understand why everyone around here hates him: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=13614&hl=ainsworth&fromsearch=1

Ā 

Also google Lucas vs Ainsworth!

Dude's and Dudet's,that's my bad!!!I had no clue how right's to the dope Storm T. costume got so ugly.Forgive me,for my insolence?Clueless.

No harm done! I, too, believed AA's stories. I learned better here.

Ā 

Don't stop asking questions; we are all here to help!

no matter how you sling it AA did the armor for the films.

Ā 

it's sad that people just can't get over the fact that the original moulds were destroyed in a fire.

Ā 

he had to "re-create" the bucks from "skins" he had saved aside from the moulds.

Ā 

sort of a sad comporomise.

Ā 

brian muir and liz moore did the original sculpts...; and then andrew sculpted his own to form with.

Ā 

no matter what anyone thinks... he did the originals. just didn't originate the design.

Ā 

he came up with the ears, and the sharper vocoder. those details are his.

Ā 

it's sad that people just can't get over the fact that the original moulds were destroyed in a fire.

Ā 

Yet his ad speil for 2 years ( untill he was proven to be lying) was " Original maker, original molds"

Ā 

Ā 

he had to "re-create" the bucks from "skins" he had saved aside from the moulds.

Ā 

Ā 

Bollocks did he.

Ā 

He bought a kit off of a well known maker and took molds off it! ( after he tried to get in league with another armour maker who told him where to get off ).

Ā 

If he made the molds off the "skins" then why is his kit ROTJ based, the ab section in particular?

eg: the line from crotch to belt area offset, or more to the point lack of it.

Ā 

I know there are none so blind as those who will not see but come on Vern, how many times do you need to be knocked over the head with the facts?

Edited by carbonitekid

those things you mention are facts. well done!

Ā 

the simple detail remains.

Ā 

AA formed and assembled the original armor in STAR WARS.

Ā 

the drama that unfolds after that is what everyone's distracted by.

Ā 

his helmet mould is the original. and that's what he's talking about.

Ā 

now we all know how it's a great possibility that the "skins" off his damaged moulds

Ā 

look one heck of a lot like a ROTJ suit!!

Ā 

but it is a FACT that he did the original armor, from those original sculpted moulds he fashioned in his own shop.

Ā 

what happened after the film wrapped and the many years that follow... there's the drama.

Ā 

remember people... LFL lost their case of lawsuit.

Ā 

we all love the heat that gets generated whenever AA is mentioned here... harness that power and

Ā 

you can power a space station.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

remember people... LFL lost their case of lawsuit.

Ā 

Ā 

But not because of anything Ainsworth said or did.

Ā 

Ainsworth LOST 243 out of 246 points brought up in court.

Ā 

The judgment actually stated that ANYONE could now create TK armour as it was ruled an INDUSTRIAL design and therefore the industrial copyright it would have been covered by had expired after 25 years.

Ā 

Ainsworth was refered to by the judge thus:

Ā 

"46. 'I do not accept Mr Ainsworth's evidence on this point. I think that his factual case is born of a combination of loss of recollection over time, and his propensity to claim credit for greater creativity than he in fact demonstrated. I find that Mr Muir's evidence is correct in relation to the design of the armour. That means that many man hours, over several weeks, were spent producing a design for the armour. That design was approved by Mr Lucas. Even if it could not be reproduced in-house, the fruits of the design exercise (plaster casts and fibreglass tools) were available. It is inconceivable that that would not be provided to any contractor charged with fabricating the armour. It would otherwise have represented wasted effort, and there is no reason why it would not naturally be provided. Furthermore, there were positive reasons why it would be. The whole design and appearance of the film was closely controlled and supervised by Mr Lucas. He had approved the armour as finalised by Mr Muir. Anything new would have to obtain fresh approval, and there was no point in seeking that when approved designs were to hand. The idea that Mr Mollo and others would hand over the armour project to a third party (even one with Mr Ainsworth's capabilities) and invite them to start again (albeit from drawings) strikes me as being faintly absurd. If that were done, one would have expected a series of prototypes, and a pattern of discussions, approval and modification, taking (probably) weeks. It is highly unlikely that Lucas would have just taken and approved whatever Mr Ainsworth produced. There is no evidence of any such course. Mr Ainsworth said that he had made about 14 sets of armour by 5th March. That left nothing like enough time for him to make up some sets and have the sort of discussion that the design values of the film would require. He cannot have just worked up some immediately acceptable armour from the McQuarrie paintings. He must have had some real designs to duplicate. He was unable to give a convincing description of what the extra drawing with which he said he was provided (the only descriptions he was able to give did not demonstrate it to add anything useful to the McQuarrie drawings, leaving one wondering why he would have been provided with it). I find that he was provided with the Lucas tools, or useful casts, from which he produced copies corresponding to what Mr Lucas had approved (the clay originals) and ultimately the McQuarrie drawings.'

Ā 

He cannot get away from the fact that he did not sculpt the armour - it was proven in court that it was sculpted by Brian Muir - the moulds were made at Elstree.

Ā 

Ainsworth was employed as a vacuum former and nothing else. They had all the talented artists they needed already on the production at Elstree Studios. It is only in his mind that he was part of the artistic development of the Stormtrooper armour."

Ā 

Ā 

Additionally; there is now way in hell that back and cap are legit.

Ā 

Ā 

if you read his original account of the details, he says it's the original.

Ā 

the RS props designs are like going back in time, and if you look at a gino helmet you can see

Ā 

the details in the tears, and the width of the face.

Ā 

my main point here is that AA did the original armor. and he formed the suit that RS props has

Ā 

"recast". it's strange how someone can purchase a copyrighted work, copy it and then be praised.

Ā 

and how someone who did the originals, lost the moulds, and then had to scramble to "re-create" them

Ā 

and told lies about it all... and he can win in court?

Ā 

I like the RS props work of art... but it does not give a company the "right" to make copies, and sell them?

Ā 

so in a lot of ways I'm sure that LFL is taking a blind eye to the prop community and see it as a bonus to

Ā 

have thousands of stormtroopers marching!

Ā 

I guess in the end it helps LFL's mission to keep the franchise moving forward.

Ā 

it's an interesting read there matt... but there are a lot of conjecture in that post sir.

Ā 

it says things like "must have" or "inconceivable" that andrew could have sculpted bucks from the

Ā 

original sculpt that brian and liz did. they are saying that he cast it in fibreglass first.

Ā 

but the key concept here is that elstree could not produce the armor from the bucks they

Ā 

made and they hired AA to do it!

Ā 

when AA came up with the TIE pilot, or the X wing pilot... or the cheese grater, or the other helmets in the film

Ā 

those designs were not based upon RMQ designs but were approved as new additions.

Ā 

that excerpt from the trial is conjecture... not fact.

Ā 

the helmet design with the ribbed back n cap is a great example of a helmet design presented to george and

Ā 

he didn't approve it. you may remember the design, it looked like a 3" ribbed vac hose.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Then why does his has all the details an TE helmet has, but there's NO detail at all found on an RS helmet?

Ā 

Agreed!

And why, Vern, did Ainsworth know nothing of the tear detail until he was baited with the information?

Yet within days he had found a less cleaned up version of his mold ( funny, thought he was using his original) with a , poorly added, tear detail added.

if you read his original account of the details, he says it's the original.

Oh well, thats all right then.

Coz AA never lies.

You know, like claiming he sculpted the helmet and stealing credit from a dead woman who cannot defend herself.

Ā 

and he can win in court?

Ā 

Which part of he did not win do you still fail to grasp?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

you're right people! but don't forget that elstree could not do it.

and the stack of helmets and armor sitting on the sidewalk tell the full story.

Ā 

it's a sad drama... full of lies, mis accounts and hot white plastic!

you're right people! but don't forget that elstree could not do it.

and the stack of helmets and armor sitting on the sidewalk tell the full story.

Ā 

it's a sad drama... full of lies, mis accounts and hot white plastic!

Ā 

Yes, he was hired as a vac former, and he used molds/tools GIVEN TO HIM by LFL. So?