looking for the right paint ,.,,

well sad as it is ..

i may be painting my armor white thinking primer white .. so it dirties naturally and scars and scaves etc ..or gloss?

what color is the actual .red ?? i found at my local hobby lobby they have 6 different shades of red from light to dark ?>

any help .?

im not a painter so im basicly clueless ...but in life im really always clueless :laugh1:

Edited by TROOPER 138

i used a cardinal red and misted black with an airbrush over the red to deepen the color. you can see its a deep, almost "blood" red

Image2.png

here is a sample of an approximate red i used

256_Cardinal%20Red.jpg

for the weathering i painted the suit white then weathered with charcoal dust. and lastly sealed in the armor with a clear gloss acrylic sealer.

OK FIRST LET ME SAY --mason ~~ thanks for all the help thus far :) the videos you have up are not only awsome but helpful and, ie entertaining... :D

what electronics 10 sound did you use for your flamer,dc15L ?? pretty awesome !!

im in sourcing parts mode for the flame thrower ...

and im going to switch out my daughters stunt helmet for the hero i have with this suit ,, both fx .. but the stunt is more what i need for this ... incinerator ..

and she really doesnt care either way ... so i need to still find shins( maybe 2 sets ) and 1 set fore arms ..... and i think that puts my icn and tk on the build restoration process .. i have 2 boxs of parts coming this coming week == but my new job training will sidetrack any real progress .. i could make ?

but at least i have a plan

i was going to have the shop guys save me some brake dust .. but i would inevitable rust ..thus not the effect i was going for ... idk i may go acrylic ? or just do the red and while and leave it clen and let it weather naturally over time and trooping ?? im far from needing to decide as yet ...

but all the help is defiantly a step in the right direction ... i also may be taking my shadow --tx -- in the nova option as well ?? :salute:

Ok next round of questions ..

1. Are the drop boxs all grey ?? Or just the front face grey and the rest is white ?

Ive seen them both ways .

2. And the helmet face where the vocoder and hovi tipa are

Same thing - seen some painted solid :: some are all white in there a the outcide chin is red

3. Arm parts how many stripes on bicepts 2-3 bard to see sometimes ... .: )

Ok next round of questions ..

1. Are the drop boxs all grey ?? Or just the front face grey and the rest is white ?

Ive seen them both ways .

2. And the helmet face where the vocoder and hovi tipa are

Same thing - seen some painted solid :: some are all white in there a the outcide chin is red

3. Arm parts how many stripes on bicepts 2-3 bard to see sometimes ... .: )

sorry, I was out most of the day yesterday , when in doubt always refer to the reference photos ;)

1: only the face of the boxes should be gray

SWTFU2011-03-1112-26-18-31.jpg

2: the red should fill in around the vocorder and the mic tip area as well.

Image2.png

3: there are 2 stripes on the arm parts. on the biceps both cover strips are red, on the forearm the underside and outer most cover strip area (when wearing)

Front_Right.png