Painting the inside of a bucket.

I'm curious how many people painted before cutting and if you had issues with paint/rubber chipping once you started the cutting?

I painted mine with Krylon spray paint. Other than the strong smell of paint for a few days, no problems with chipping when cutting out the eyes and mouth.

Because I prefer the look of a helmet when it has a black interior to white. Just personal choice.

Then,why do it in the first place?

Same here, I thought maybe a white bucket would light up my face, and may be visible through the lens but i'm probably knit picking.

Also I think it's like when you drive a car at night and keep it darker inside so you can both see through the windshield without reflection and your eyes have the time to adapt themselves to the darkness.

I have very dark lenses so I painted mostly because of that.

Painted my TM-bucket inside with satin black, and I think it looks great.

I have an RS-helmet too, and I think i'm gonna keep it white inside, for the time being, see if there's any noticable differences when trooping.

Edited by MartinSivertsen

stormiehelmetinterior002.jpgJust my 2 cents.....I have always used plasti-dip with embedded cheesecloth. It is somewhat labor intensive (so is building armor correctly) but the end result in awesome. It gives the inside of the helmet a kevlar type look and it gives the helmet as a whole some density without adding a lot of weight. The small is awful initially, but goes away after curing for 2 or 3 days.