Painting the inside of a bucket.

I'm getting AP armor, and I wanted to paint the inside of my bucket, (Before trimming so it's not such a mess)

Any recommendations as far as Spray paint? Ladyinwhite made a good point to me that the smell may be over whelming.

So, any suggestions? I didn't find anything searching the forums.

I was thinking of this for mine but I haven't used it yet. I wonder if anyone here has ... http://www.homedepot.com/buy/paint/spray-paint/performix-brand-spray-black-rubber-coating-performix-brand-spray-98266.html

I was thinking of this for mine but I haven't used it yet. I wonder if anyone here has ... http://www.homedepot...pray-98266.html

Hivemind much? Spot on same thing I was thinking instead of paint. I found this at Michael's though. Supposed low odor

Here's my helmet. I used Krylon gloss black from the home supply store and didn't notice the paint smell after a few days.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Because I prefer the look of a helmet when it has a black interior to white. Just personal choice.

Same here, I thought maybe a white bucket would light up my face, and may be visible through the lens but i'm probably knit picking.

Probably not as the lenses are pretty dark. I think the black makes it look like a more 'real world' helmet. I also think it looks nicer if someone asks to take a look at your bucket.

Think I'm going to go with the rubber spray, Easy on, easy off. Besides I don't want black paint rubbing onto my face haha.

True that, maybe it will have to be sprayed with a flat coat but that's an extra step, maybe the rubber finish is a better option

I'm going to try this route, still waiting for my armor to ship, let me know how it turns out, but I'll post my results in a build thread in a few weeks.

• 4 months later...

Black-inside buckets are really good if you don't use a balaclava.

You know how visible skin ruins a TK?

(everyone, yeah?)

And you know how small children tend to be, well, small?

And you know what angle they tend to look at us from...