Cheap amp. Works great.

Hey everyone,

I am not sure if anyone has already posted about this amp kit, but I received it today and it is incredible for the price. I don't really care about being able to amplify my voice, I simply wanted something cheap that would let me play a chatter file. It has a 3.5mm input, and a "remote" that is easily mounted that lets you cut it off/on and change the volume. The speakers are loud, and weigh so little I just used some Velcro for them. Here is the link in case any of you are interested:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I was JUST looking at that kit yesterday at that store while picking up some fans. I was confused by all the parts. Now I see it looks quite do-able. I might try it out, because I hate my Aker, it's enormous.

Yeah, let us know how it works out. I was going to go the AKER route, I bought the whole schmeer, even a new helmet and lenses and pads and everything. Got into it over $400. Finally was working to get it all installed and just decided it was too much junk to fool with. AKER is too big and has too many components for my taste. I love my old SKULLWORX (I sure wish they still made those). Sometimes simple is just better IMHO.

Somebody, somewhere, please start making something like the SKULLWORX again!! PLEASE!!

I would be curious how long the batteries last. The aker may be bulky but it lasts a long long time and it's rechargeable. Plus... I already have enough yuppie landfill guilt in life to be tossing more batteries away.

Also the aker sends power to an icomm, which I luff. I doubt this thing could.

However this little guy looks like a cheap and easy way to put sound in another project. Maybe Vader breathing, imperial march tunes, or your ghostbusters proton pack? I have a hard time putting music or chatter through my aker and getting my ipod and voice sound levels right.

Aloha,

-Eric

I would be curious how long the batteries last. The aker may be bulky but it lasts a long long time and it's rechargeable. Plus... I already have enough yuppie landfill guilt in life to be tossing more batteries away.

Also the aker sends power to an icomm, which I luff. I doubt this thing could.

However this little guy looks like a cheap and easy way to put sound in another project. Maybe Vader breathing, imperial march tunes, or your ghostbusters proton pack? I have a hard time putting music or chatter through my aker and getting my ipod and voice sound levels right.

Aloha,

-Eric

I have been testing it with an old battery I had laying around, but I just ordered some rechargeable 9v's and I will post how long they last as soon as I get them.

• 5 months later...

I was just going to add some of my Outpost friends ordered these, they got 5, and 3 worked LOL! They did the 9V mod, and then replaced the speakers with regular 4 ohm cone speakers from all electronic too. They sound pretty good, and mount inside the armor very well!

You guys are saying the Aker is bulky???? i guess you guys werent around for the predecessor of the Aker! lol

-----------

This looks promising though, curious as to how well it works as a voice amp regarding feedback n such

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, let us know how it works out. I was going to go the AKER route, I bought the whole schmeer, even a new helmet and lenses and pads and everything. Got into it over $400. Finally was working to get it all installed and just decided it was too much junk to fool with. AKER is too big and has too many components for my taste. I love my old SKULLWORX (I sure wish they still made those). Sometimes simple is just better IMHO.

Somebody, somewhere, please start making something like the SKULLWORX again!! PLEASE!!

Just thought I'd chime in here.

I am still around and make runs of Skullworx units as demand requires ;)

- Scot, Skullworx.com