noob female trooper,any advice?

I'm looking into getting my trooper gear and looking for advice anyone can give. Or if there is a thread I didn't see point me in the right direction?

I'm 5'5" tall female 130-135 lbs(depending on how many doughnuts I ate lately)

Smallish chest (tmi??) 36 B so no huge chest problem(sigh)

Am I going to be too short or have problems fitting the armor? Thinking there wouldn't be too many mods since I am not too curvy. There is a wealth of info around here but mostly tailored toward guys I'm thinkin'.

Any female troopers around that can advise how big a deal mods will be and direct me to the best type of kit for my size?

Reading all I can,so much good info here.

Thanks!

You have come at a great time Sherry. Lately we have had quite a few lady members join up and go EI and centurion. I am sure they will chime in very soon. There is a build thread for modifying armour for woman. I'll see if I can find it. Welcome to FISD :)

Heya! - you're definitely NOT too short and you'll be able to fit in armour with some tweaking provided you start with the right ones off the bat (ie. RT-Mod would be too big for example...) I would start by reading every thread under the "Getting Started" section

There's also a lot of female troopers here and I'm sure they will all be able to help you out. Don't be shy and hit them up via PM.

I just started myself so happy to share my learnings with you if you wish!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Wow, you guys are great. Thanks for the replies and for pointing out those threads,that is EXACTLY what I needed to read.

So I should get the ATA kit? Not real familiar with HIPS, What are you painting those with? Do you use a dremel to trim?

I see lots of armor on Ebay but very leery of the quality especially after reading the warnings here. I am also a sculptor(dolls mostly) and I don't like the idea of recasts, It's impossible to say whether any of them are authorized or not,I'm guessing most are "not". lol

There are some kits right now under the username: stormtrooper_supplies. Anyone know the deal on those? PM is good if you have info but don't wanna post it here .

Thanks for the welcome and the help,gonna have lots of (probably dumb) questions in the future ;)

Welcome, Sherry! Glad to have another lady don the shiny white! I guess I am the first lady to chime in but I'm less help than, say, Jenny, who will chime in first thing in the Midwest Morning. She is closer to your size. I am "man size" lol. With some nice womanly hips... starting to hate looking at my photos!

Anyway, the guys got you off to the right start. I heard this weekend that AM is also built for bigger sizes, so ATA and AP (AP good for slender but mid-tall people, methinks). Whatever you get you're going to be modding it to fit you.

I have a build page (link is in my sig below) that points out some special considerations for ladies, given that we are not always stick-shaped like the guys (insert humor!). If you run into any, please share or add directly...

CHEERS!!! Don't forget to start a build thread when you get your fluffy white gift in the mail, and keep us posted with pics and questions! :)

One of the newest members of our garrison, Central California, is a lady TK. She has AP armor. I see you're in Tracy. I think its on the border of being either with the Golden Gate Garrison or Central California Garrison. You're welcome to stop by our forums and introduce youself if you haven't already. We're on facebook too if you happen to be on there.

http://centralcaliforniagarrison.com/

One of the best ways to learn about armor is first hand examination. Meet your local troopers and learn from them :) We are here.

Hi Sherry!

Welcome to the FISD!!!!!

First of all u are definitely not too short for a stormtrooper!!!! Lol

U are even taller than me! I'm 5'2"!!!

And I know there are a few girls around here that are shorter and skinnier than me!

The only thing is that... We have a lot more Plastic to cut off, and tons of work to make it fit nicely! But.... Even some guys have that problem! But it's. It impossible!

Rachel from the ECG finished her armor recently and I have seen it in person and it looks amazing!!! And she is even a tad but smaller than me!

I don't think there is much I can help u with cause I'm still pretty new at this and got my ATA kit a few days ago! I'm working on it little by little and didn't even finish the helmet yet!

I can tell u tho that after some research most people suggested that the AP and ATA kits were the best choices for smaller ppl! Although it would not be impossible to get one of the bigger kits to fit you! Just more work I guess!

I ended up buying ATA. You can't really beat the price and I saw sooooooooooo many people buying it! I knew it had to be good!

And well ppl in my garrison keeP telling me that it's a really nice kit!!!

So I'm pretty happy with it!

Any of the TE Derived armors should be fine. ATA, AP, and T/MC are very readily available.

My gf's was an ATA and she's 5'4. It took a lot of work, but it looks great on her. Good luck!

Hi Sherry! I'm the Lady TK that Dark Trooper was telling you about. Nice to meet you! Everyone here has pointed you in the right direction. For sure, if you have any questions, hit me up. Yeah, I have AP armor. I like it! I LOVE TROOPING! Each time I wear it, I think of a new way it can be tweeked. You should come troop with us, in the CCG, sometime! Welcome to the FISD! :smiley-sw013:

Hi Sherry! Very glad you decided to start a TK build. :) WELCOME and CONGRATS! :)

Looks like there's not much to add since I'm late to the party. I hate that!!! All of us had the

same concerns you are having - about fitting a chick into a dude's armor. The chest piece

shouldn't be a problem; you might need a compression top.

Ingrid is SO silly - we like to fight all the time. Just kidding!!! She has awesomely DETAILED

instructions so she's got the way better build thread. I started getting impatient and just posted

pics without much rhyme or reason on my build thread. :) She's not manly at all, but when she

has her armor on nobody can tell her gender... which means she did the build spot-on.

My advise is to give yourself room in your armor and use padding on the inside so that your

armor isn't flopping around. I made my armor a bit too tight, and now I'm correcting "armor bites."

I'm also getting a new piece to replace one that I cut way too much. So, the good news is -

ANYTHING is fixable so there's no need to worry about messing a part up. There's ways to modify

any piece, or if you get lazy like me... just order a replacement!!! :) The bad part is telling your hubby

that you are spending more $$$.

I have the AP armor and trimmed the tops of the thighs, the bottom of the shins, the forearms near

the elbow, and that was all that needed some extra trimming. My hands should be stronger after all

that trimming! :) I SHOULD have left myself more room in the biceps, forearms, and thighs... but

I'll know for my next build. I'm 5'4" ... and I'd LIKE to weigh 130!!! :) [Doing the Shawn T insanity. I hate him.]

Best thing to do is what you are doing... read lots and ask questions if you cannot find something

after doing a search. Can't wait to see your progress. Cheers! Jenny