Rubber hand guards, what is wrong?!

I am getting

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated!

I got my rubber hand guards from trooperbay. They are legit, thanks goes out to trooperbay.

However. I glued them to the gloves using the locktite super quick epoxy, put some books on them and left them for 24 hours.

Peeled them off like a wet towel.

Ok. It's okay! I then used CA glue like I have seen mentioned in the forums and fowllowed the same proccess.

When I went to check it.... post-15945-0-92675700-1333440299.jpg

SAME RESULT!!!!

What do I need to do to get them to stick instead of peeling off the glove like a bun off from a wet hamburger?

Edited by TK5492

I assume you are referring to the locktite with the activator pen?

Unfortunately, that is not available here.

They have every other type of locktite super glue though. Will regular be okay?

i too have the set from trooperbay..(very nice)..first i tried slow ca glue, like super thick superglue.. same thin happened to me....this is the improtant thing...i cleaned all the old glue off and used thin ca..again superglue but fast cureing...locked them babys on forever!!.

one very important thing...the cleaning and sanding,i did both glove and hand gaurd oh by the way...i have fam over there in chiba

Edited by walt

These are the ones that are already white. Is latex better when it comes to gluing?

I didn't think there was much of a difference between rubber and latex.

That looks like a promising prospect, Ingird! Thank you.

I am going to try a different approach first, but if it doesn't work, then I may need to consider that.

Although, if this doesn't work...

:56pullhair:

AH BAZINGA!

Finally, got them to stick! Used Walt's suggested method, and I think the cells have bonded together. A Wookie couldn't pull those handguards off. Thank you everyone for your quick advice. Less than 24 hours from near burning them to making them perfect.

:dancing-trooper:

• 2 weeks later...