Master Replicas helmet

They need quite a lot of work before they are acceptable. It's easier to start from a kit instead. Cheaper too in most cases.

And yes, the MRCE and eFX are exactly the same helmet.

Funny thing. I blame just looking at that helmet for getting me into this hobby. $2000 later... I'm still as happy as a little school boy on summer break. So I guess it was a good thing!

if you have already purchased the helmet, there are great tutorials on how to fix it.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

They need quite a lot of work before they are acceptable. It's easier to start from a kit instead. Cheaper too in most cases.

+1

Yeah, you can get "A" grade kits starting $125.oo USD that have screen linage to them. All the kits can be put together in a few hours to a day. (all depends on how long you work on it.)

Even if you do the basic 501st approval there are things you will have to do to the MRCE/EFX style helmet:

Darker lenses installed

Frown painted properly for type/style (gray for ANH,black for ESB/ROTJ)

Proper tube stripes for type/style of TK

Ear screws added (for ANH/ESB)

Chin seam caulked or filled

Proper amount of teeth cut out (if needed)

Optional Mods:

Correct trim

Thin out the ears

It will take as much time, if not a little more then a kit would.

Just my two cent...

BTW, a little history about the MRCE, was the original concept for the Master Replicas LE, but got the thumbs down by the prop collector's world. M.R. made it the economy line and named the helmet "Master Replicas Collectors Edition".. After M.R. went out of business, 4 of the top people that worked for M.R. started eFX. eFX retained the copy rights for some of the product one of which is the MRCE which was re-named eFX PCR.

I have an MRCE for my Sandtrooper and an EFX for my Incinerator Trooper and I love them both.

The mods necessary are not that hard or expensive to get the lid 501st Legion acceptable.

My TD bucket is MEPD Deployed.

Are there more accurate buckets and kits out there...yes. But for the $ and the quality you get in a finished bucket, you can't go wrong with the EFX.

Are there more accurate buckets and kits out there...yes. But for the $ and the quality you get in a finished bucket, you can't go wrong with the EFX.

How is 125 USD for a A-grade screen linage kit less than the eFX? I just did a check on ebay and could not find it for less than 180 USD. Add to that the cost of material and labor to make the mods. You might think that it's cheap and high quality, but the math doesn't add up here when you look it from a less personal point-of-view.

eBay is the issue. You have to look on here.

Here? As in FISD? Either way I stand my my point that the eFX is not worth the trouble. Maybe if you get it for under $50 but not else.

I personally really liked mine. I just sold it with my old armor set since my new set comes with a new helmet. I added the ear screws, and changed the lenses as well as adding the fourth tooth. Really it was simple modifications and it is a nice looking helmet. But everyone has their own opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MasterBlaster

They look generic!!!There over staralized,computerized,they lack all the imperfection's that actually make the helmet,the helmet we fell in love with when they first blasted thru the rebel spaceship door's!!!Last ,but not least...I like to space the ear's apart from the main helmet body like the original movie hero helmet's were.That look's better than a one piece blended helmet.

Well, I fell in love with the helmet back in 1977 when I first saw the movie. On screen I never saw all the bumps and warts. It wasn't until 2006 when I joined the legion that I learned of ear gaps, sides not being the same (wonky), bumps, and all the imperfections. So I actually fell in love with the idealized "perfect" looking helmet. And that is what I want. I love my eFX and MRCE.