Stormtrooper helmet and armour ( newbie from Essex )

Hi all I'm mark from Essex and I'm looking at getting my first helmet and armour. I have looked at lots of options but feel i am going around in circles. I'm 5'11 with a medium muscular build with broad shoulders . If there is any one near by that could pm me with some options and how to contact people whom supply the armour / helmets I would really appreciate it. I'm looking at trying to get the best armour and helmet so later on I dont look into changing at a later date. ( this could always change i suppose ) Regards mark.

Sounds like you should be looking at either CFO, TM or RS if you want the best (all suits your body size too). Conveniently they are all based in Britain too.

Just be prepared to drop a big pile of cash for either of these, but they are well worth it.

What movie version of the TK are you going for? It'll affect the choices of armour makers to choose from.

Locitus wow there are so many armor builders today last time I was active it was just TE,TM,AP,FX & ATA.. is there a new list for new armor makers?

Welcome to FISD!!

Locitus wow there are so many armor builders today last time I was active it was just TE,TM,AP,FX & ATA.. is there a new list for new armor makers?

Welcome to FISD!!

See the link in the post above yours. ;)

Hi all , thanks for the welcome and info , taking everything into consideration . I forgot to mention I'm Sbout 257 pounds but it's more of a muscular build but not over muscular. I think there have been a few threads on armour dimensions in regard to leg sizing and arm sizing in inches .

Ah. That narrows your choices a bit. I don't think you'll fit in TM or RS without excessive shimming then, even if you are built on the muscular side.

Measured .

Head 23 inches

Chest 45 Inches

Biceps 14 inches and 16 1/2 flexed ( wether that counts

Top of forearm 13 1/2 inces

Wrist just under 8 1/2 inches

Weist 41 inches

Top of thigh 28 inches

Middle of thigh just over 25 1/2 inches

Bottom of thigh 23 1/2

Thickest part of calf 18 1/2 inches

neck measurement? looks like you're too large for screen accurate armor without heavy modification.

most troopers in the film were 5' 7" =175-190lbs 6' 195lbs

most likely you'd fit RT mod or Am

Ah. That narrows your choices a bit. I don't think you'll fit in TM or RS without excessive shimming then, even if you are built on the muscular side.

Agreed. As much as we would all LOVE to be able to wear TM, RS, or CfO (and do so properly), IMO you're better off getting a costume that is better suited to your proportions as opposed to attempting to wedge yourself into a balls-on accurate kit that doesn't work for you. At the very least, it will make wearing it for long periods of time (and troops can go for many hours) a physically uncomfortable experience.

The trick is taking that better-suited kit and, through skill, knowledge, and assistance, making it as accurate as is possible. There are plenty of armour experts in the UKG that can help you with that. :)