Info Confirmation

Greetings all!

Let me begin by saying thank goodness I found this site in my research, its been a great resource! Long story short, I am researching Trooper armor for myself and two friends, and I wanted to make sure I had some things correct.

FX Armor - Most common, and generally cheapest suits. Helmets usually too large.

AP Armor - Copy of originals? More expensive, harder to find, and not suited for "larger" people

RT Mod - More accurate then FX

TE/TE2 - Stands for trooperexpert, casts possibly made from originals, hard to find?

TM - Troopermaster from this forum! Excellent accuracy, but located in UK (cost barrier for US citizens)

Assuming this is correct, I wanted to confirm some other impressions I have gotten thus far. First, that AP and other super screen accurate versions are not well suited to heavier/taller folks. I am 5ft 11 and 185lbs while my friend Adam is 6ft 1 at 215 or so. From my understanding, we would want to stick to FX for the armor side of things, and then something more accurate for the helmet.

Second is simply a question. I wear glasses, as well as Adam; any fellow four-eyes out there run into issues with the smaller, more accurate helmets while sporting your glasses underneath?

Thank you for your time, whoever elects to respond =)

Thomas/Boci

Your research was well done .. although I'd correct the fact that the AP does fit tall person .. at 6'3'' 190lbs, I think I fit pretty good in my AP. So that shouldn't be a show stopper for you and your pal.

Me in my AP

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1899 

All images in link are broken and not recoverable

Will have to let someone else chime in for the glasses issue though.

I'm 6'0" 185lbs and my TE2 fits just as well as my FX. You guys are in a sweet spot where you can pretty much wear whatever you want.

Good research! :)

My opinion is that you can make any of the suits fit if your willing to put the time into it. I have the FX kit myself mainly because I am a BIG trooper and needed the extra room but if you dont have the midsection I do, then you should be able to do most of the armor out there.

If you decide to go with the FX kit, PM for a great source. :salute:

Height and weight is different for eveyone. Body shapes are different, some look like pears (little on top, wide at the bottom) some don't.

I would think 6-1 215lbs. would be fine to wear the good stuff, depending on build.

I'm 6-00 240 lbs, but do a lot of weight lifting. I'm broad on top (51 coat) but relatively small waisted compared to my shoulders at 36" jeans.

This is a Gf/AP (depending who you talk to). I use FX shoulders, biceps, forearms. The accurate stuff was way too small.

(I apologize to those who are sick of seeing these same pics.) :rolleyes:

wEjYw2p.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

Well it looks like everything has been covered...Finally, I was getting tired of saying the same thing over and over again :P ....oh, one more thing...AP isn't that hard to find B)

All i can add is...

Hurry up and get your armor and start building!!!!

Greetings from South America!

All i can add is...

Hurry up and get your armor and start building!!!!

Greetings from South America!

We plan to, just trying to track down crafters, I have most of the knowhow to get into production myself (engineering degree etc) just not the time :P So far the only obvious seller I have found is that CostumeJunkie guy, and research on him is showing mixed opinions. Not yet found anyone for the others (except TM which isnt an option for us), other then RT-MOD who I guess you can email directly?

Thanks again for taking the time to confirm the info I have found, as well as correcting me on the height/weight issue, I am glad that more accurate replicas are not out of the running for us! Since I have not seen any information regarding glasses under the helmet, what kind of clearance would you guys estimate you have between your eyes and your lenses? Depending on that clearance, it would be possible to use those "sport" glasses that use elastic around the skull rather then wireframes that would require more side clearance to fit properly.

I wonder if I could take my old Army issue gas mask inserts and mount them inside the helmet....

BH5204 said:

(I apologize to those who are sick of seeing these same pics.) :rolleyes:

wEjYw2p.jpg

The only thing sick is that you look better in armor than I do. Where's your Elite status thread? ;-)

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

My holster sucks and it's not riveted yet. The belt is the standard elastic that comes with the kit. I glued the back of my shoulder straps down, and probably other things I'm missing. Not ready to tackle that yet. The gun rocks though, a Hyperfirm e-11.

So really it's just the belt & holster. Mmmm...two brothers on the board can fix that ;-)

Gluing the backs of the straps is not an issue - there is no requirement that they have to free float.

Laspector said:

try this for info on wearing glasses and contact lenses in the suit

----------

Cant view 501st forums yet, my current endeavors are aimed at assembling a suit worthy to join the ranks =D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed