HELMET SCREWS - PLEASE HELP!

Helmets must have three scews per side with one above and below the rank bar and one towards the base of the helmet.

Okay I got it. But there is no specification on what these screws should be. However, what I have seen based on the movie screen shots and what EVERYBODY uses, is that they should be flat head countersunk (flat)

In Japan I CANNOT find flat head screws. They just don't sell it. Period.

I asked attendents in two different hardware stores. (with difficulty. my Japanese is very basic) and they said they only have philips head everything.

However, on base I can get flat head bolts with the 'rounded head' instead of the countersunk. Would this be acceptable? I wish I could explain the frustrations of living here. Sometimes I REALLY REALLY miss America...

do you have scrap/junkyards? you may be able to salvage some from old equipment.

you can also do this old trick i use for stripped screws.. tale a Phillips or other type of screw and fill the head with epoxy, then take a dremel and make a single cut along the center to make a flathead.

520_31_02_stripped_screw_TL_01_MWR.jpg

Thanks Mike, but I actually already did! Those will be used on a new helmet. Finding stuff for my exsisting one is just not going to happen

Well, according to RS their original helmet has some old brass screws of some imperial measure. Hard to find these days. M3 is probably the closest match that is easy to find off the shelf.

Yes, it's still a countersunk flat head screw, in brass.

So the overall appearance is indeed not in question. I'm just adding additional info on the matter for everyone's benefit. :)