My AP armor build [*AP]

I'm not sure what others have done, but to adjust the pinching elbow problem, I found it easier to adjust once the armor was assembled. You should be able to touch your ear without impingement.

Have you tried taping the two pieces of armor together yet to confirm that your hand can fit through the small end?

Also the pinching might feel worse because you have the Sharp plastic on your skin. It won't feel as bad when your arm is covered with the undersuit.

I'm not sure what others have done, but to adjust the pinching elbow problem, I found it easier to adjust once the armor was assembled. You should be able to touch your ear without impingement.

Have you tried taping the two pieces of armor together yet to confirm that your hand can fit through the small end?

I have small hands. I know my wrist will wiggle through. I think I'm going to have to trim the top of the forearm to the first groove. I feel like when I bend my elbow, if it was to that point, i could bend my elbow completely.

So I met with CureMode and got to talk to him about the build. I was glad to meet a fellow fan and to see his armor up close.Now I have a better understanding of test fitting and how to proceed with my build. I ordered 20 N52 magnets, and while I wait for those to come in the mail, I'm going to glue on all my inner shims and use the lil ABS squares that came with my kit to make a buttload of snap plates. My biceps can be finished if I can find the time. I'm hoping ot have my biceps, forearms, shins and thighs done this weekend. I'll put up pictures when I get that all done.

I had trouble with the thighs too. Check out my build progress at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18259 and let me know if this helps.

I checked it out and retread it three times. Sadly my AP thighs have a different cut than yours it seems. Can you or anyone else offer their thoughts based on the above picture? I feel like it might be as lined up as it will get. I need confirmation, validation, or opposition to just glueing it as is.

I checked it out and retread it three times. Sadly my AP thighs have a different cut than yours it seems. Can you or anyone else offer their thoughts based on the above picture? I feel like it might be as lined up as it will get. I need confirmation, validation, or opposition to just glueing it as is.

line up the bottom edge the best you can and trim the top of the thighs to make even after that i still had to trim an inch off the top. the bottom edge has the detail you need to maintain

you might want to rethink the snaps i am going to switch mine out with the Tandy line 24 i will let you know if they work better also i used more than twice the amount you have there.

I did end up getting my snaps from Tandy the are much better and cheaper I have now gone back and replaced most of mine

line up the bottom edge the best you can and trim the top of the thighs to make even after that i still had to trim an inch off the top. the bottom edge has the detail you need to maintain

From Beren's post, it looks like the front of the thighs were glued and finished and then he dealt with the back alignment. Is this correct?

When I try to match up my thighs, it looks like the most importnt thing to consider is the front of the thigh that shows. Shouldn't the front seams have matching/opposite angled cuts?

From Beren's post, it looks like the front of the thighs were glued and finished and then he dealt with the back alignment. Is this correct?

When I try to match up my thighs, it looks like the most importnt thing to consider is the front of the thigh that shows. Shouldn't the front seams have matching/opposite angled cuts?

Hi Shawn,

I would say yes, get the front to line up, and glued, and then work on the backs.

I found a Panda Trooper thread... not sure it all the way applies to your thighs, though. :)

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11836&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

I made my AP thighs a bit too tight, and I had to wrestle with them a LOT! Give yourself more room than I gave myself!

I had the fronts glued, then when they were dry, aligned the backs and taped them. I drew a "straight - down - the - middle"

line, then gave myself extra room for shins. Both the left and right side of the thighs were at an angle when they weren't taped

together, but when pushed together, the line I drew was straight up and down. Hummm, that probably makes no sense!

I think Panda Trooper had the thread that helped 'splain that better than I attempted to. :) I had to draw my line on the insdie and

outside of the thighs so I could tell where to cut once the 2 parts weren't taped together anymore.

I better quit while I'm at it! Good luck, let us know what you did. :)

Where do you recommend I put the foam on the armor - on the outside side of all armor (pushing it away from the ab)?

I put it only in a few places just were the armor would not touch my leg and I put some in the front of both shins to help clear knee plate and ammo boxes

So as of now I have the forearms, biceps, shoulders done. Vader Dave Ab buttons on chest plate. Shins curing now. Love those magnets. Snap plates on kidney top, biceps, shoulder bells, chest to back bridge with white strap. thermal detonator is done with metal clips.

Still need to:

Snap plate on forearms, sniper plate, thighs, chest strapping, kidney shims, crotch tabbage, Han button, thigh to Ab snaps

Still need to:

Snap plate on forearms, sniper plate, thighs, chest strapping, kidney shims, crotch tabbage, Han button, thigh to Ab snaps

I will post a pic of my kidney shims for when I get home

My kit came pre-trimmed. Do you know where I can get ABS of a similar quality out in a store?

He didn't send you any trim strips? I used the widest trim strip I had

Maybe he will send you some more for a small fee I really would only use the same ABS or it will be hard to match color

This is what you get when you trim yourself as you can see not much you can use. I do stll have all of it if you think you can use it

25eea416.jpg

Edited by Jeepfrog