"New" FX kit...

Hi guys,

As I said in that "help" thread, I picked up an unused FX kit today for $300. I know the helmet is frowned upon by the modern standards, but what about the armor? I have an AM kit that I bought and built as a TD, but either I will build this kit as a TK, or I am going to use it for my wife so she can join the legion.

I would really like to use this kit if at all possible. Its kind of funny opening a complete kit from 2004 ( I was off a few years in my early estimate, but it still has the recepit.

rWOmlsd.jpg

Giant helmet and all :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

You can go basic with the FX, but I would say step up to a better helmet, then you can go EI. :smiley-sw013: you will be happier with any one of the screen linage lids.

I am definitely going to upgrade the helmet because its WAY too big. I have an AP helmet for my TD, not sure which would be better for my wife because shes so short

Doubt I would piece it out, seems like it lasted this long, may as well build it up

I am currently using the fx armor with the efx helmet. Works pretty well for me but I will be upgrading. Believe me though on Saturday when I was walking the the st Patrick's day parade in Denver kids could care less what I was wearing which is the most important thing to me no matter what.

I still wear my 2002 FX (pulled in 2001), and it's held up amazingly well. Sure, it's not accurate by today's standards, but the old FX is some tough, durable stuff.