Suspicious molds...

TK5492

http://www.ebay.com/...=item20c3bb5fc3

I have seen some shady stuff, but this is one of the most sketch that I have come across in a while. this guy clames his molds are "100% screen accurate." His helmet especially sends red flags. It says it is a recast from a REAL stormtrooper helmet used from the film.

....?

Thoughts?

"These molds were casted by a re-cast helmet made by molds casted by an original helmet"

Could be any number of things, but upon closer inspection they look a bit weird, sort of squished, and it's made from a hero helmet.

And to my knowledge no hero helmets were ever recovered and re-casted, only stunt-helmets that were re-casted and modified to look like the

hero version.

Edited by MartinSivertsen

he says it a recast in the listing :duimomlaag: its quite obvious

ebay.png

the seller also just sold a vac table and had other molds available but edited his listing ? he claims to have made stormtrooper armor with it.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=140716979279&nma=true&rt=nc&si=Spiz3QRnXUy8ObG6xyhl95ZWqBA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Looks like someone recast (made molds) of one of Gino's Hero TK.

The molds are hero, but the pic of the finish lid is stunt. :rolleyes:"Caveat emptor" Latin for "let the buyer beware" Not only is it a recast but the he's showing stuff that does not match... Hero or Stunt!?!?!.........

Let is has been said before......

ebayscumandvillainy.jpg

Everytime I see this stuff I pray some poor sap doesn't get fooled into spending their hard earned money on it. I love y'alls comments..

The ebay stuff had me chuckling.

These are actually quite nice, but they are recast. I don't understand why everyone is ripping into these, there are suppliers on this forum selling recast trooper helmets and armour, that are a lot softer than these....

actually, i contacted the seller as to the origins and he claims they are cast directly from an ANH hero helmet recast..

"The helmet was cast from a helmet casted by an original ANH Hero helmet used in the movie."

We can't go on together

With suspicious moulds

And we can't build our armour

On suspicious moulds

We're caught in a trap

I can't walk out

Because I spent too much on eBay

Why can't you see

What you're doing to me

When you don't believe a word the recaster says?

Edited by Rick330

LOL!!!!

All said, its still a rip. These "molds" need extensive work to even be functional. Its obvious that he went down the road and discovered that vacuuforming is not "easy", but actually alot of time and effort to achieve a quality product. So he's giving up. Those molds appear to be plaster or hydrastone too, which will not last very long before cracking or chipping.

Rich, you needed to add a pic of Elvis Trooper to go along with the new version of the "Suspicious Minds"... I mean molds..... :laugh1:

tumblr_lv80qmjS2Y1r4wriao1_400.jpg

TK, TK, very much...

We can't go on together

With suspicious moulds

And we can't build our armour

On suspicious moulds

We're caught in a trap

I can't walk out

Because I spent too much on eBay

Why can't you see

What you're doing to me

When you don't believe a word the recaster says?