eldriks E-11 W.I.P build

Hi,

after completing my TM ANH Stormtrooper I am now into building up my first e-11 blaster to give those rebel scum the blast they are looking for :D

I will keep this thread as a WIP thread and if something new happens on the front I will let you know.

First I sum up the items that already belong to my staff and those I am still trying to acquire or are in transit.

1. M19 resin scope from Jesse (still trying to get my hands on a real M19 or M38A2)

2. T-track from John

3. Deactivated Sterling L2A3 MK4

4. Power cylinders (unsure to build up my own, buying from doopydoos or searching for another dealer)

5. Hengstler counter (just did a lucky and awesome find on eBay)

Let the pictures flow ;)

M19 resin

th_fba883d0.jpg

Hengstler with metal connection box

I acquired the one with the H 809 yesterday on an eBay auction after given the deal I recognized that the person who sold it were sitting in a city 8 kilometer away from my hometown so I could pay him of in person and guess what happend next?  he asked if I have use for some more so now I own 4 metal connection box Hengstler with 3 different logos :D

th_dc93a3d2.jpg

th_1069f9e0.jpg

That's it for now...

Stay tuned...

Edited by Eldrik

Jedi Mind Trick: Jens,you don't want those Hengstler counters. You want to ship them to me..."

jedi-mind-trick.jpg

Can wait to see your E11.

Guess what showed up yesterday :)

th_09085c62.jpg

th_0fa81a27.jpg

th_51602568.jpg

th_748d4c47.jpg

th_189e11e6.jpg

th_efa9a9a0.jpg

th_577d8234.jpg

th_eadc4335.jpg

th_521439c7.jpg

th_42ff88f5.jpg

Also the T-Tracks from John arrived so I did a little family picture...

th_9a786236.jpg

Therefore the Sterling was deactivated after 1995 it is missing some action so I have to do some reengineering to make at least the trigger and that cocking handle move again. 

Also there are some injuries that were made to the weapon while deactivating it that I try to smooth out.

I already altered the trigger so it moves again (maybe for some electronic modification etc. but I think for accuracy I won't add any electronics).

To be continued...

Reengineering done :)

Trigger and change lever are movable again and cocking action is in the house again!

Trigger and change lever different positions

th_4361c3a0.jpg

th_aab6e86e.jpg

Cocking action

th_9d2a2548.jpg

th_ccdcf768.jpg

th_b56ffbe2.jpg

Really unsure if I should sandblast and repaint the sterling or leave it as it is??

Looking for good screenshots of the e11 back with the scope rail mounted, it looks for me like the rear sight were removed fully for the scope rail mount?! 

What are your observations?

Your help is appreciated...

Edited by Eldrik

So here is my first attempt to align the scope rail I believe it was done back in ANH.

Still not satisfied with my first version so I will further improve it but you can guess what it looks like :-)

th_8bc423c5.jpg

I tried to copy the alignment on the picture I got with Luke and his e11, you can see that little bend at the end and that the right collar that holds the pin is shimmering through.

th_949de92b.jpg

And some other shoots of the rail

th_99a62348.jpg

th_e941bc4d.jpg

th_5f7de1bd.jpg

Edited by Eldrik

I love how you did the rail it does look much like the screen shots. Are they actually attached at any point, or is it some how sprung and self holding? Can you post a couple of shots from above? I think I'm going to be watching your build with quite a high degree of interest already :coffee2:

Thanks!

I think i am on the right way with this method just need to find a better more accurate method to bend the rail for a better fit like it looks on the original pics.

I will post pics tomorrow for a better view, the rail is self holding no screws or other fixing needed.

I am glad if I can give something back to the community from which I already have received so much! :)

The story continues...

Got myself a M47A2 on a French auction board... 

The M47A2 is equal to the M38A2 or M70G so with a little bit composite material you can make it the look of a M38 which I won't try because I even caught a M38 from 1943 and a M70G on an american auction board both for 80$ :) hope shipping goes well and expect it to land in about 2 weeks!

So here are some new tryout pictures.

M47A2 fixed on scope rail

th_4385db43.jpg

Just another view

th_db676aec.jpg

More detailed shot

th_ab0a3cac.jpg

Did a test with the Hengstler and laid it down where it later will be fixed with the connection bracket

th_91f92d69.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by Eldrik

• 2 weeks later...

Look at my new shoes :D

From the front to the back

M38 1943

M77G

M47A2

At this point I want to thank Jesse for being such a nice person getting them over to me :)

th_b7d1f2c2.jpg

M38 in a really perfect condition 

th_710d5213.jpg

Back

th_65494daf.jpg

Front

th_a0e94c5a.jpg

Front

th_4d792d00.jpg

Side

th_9f1e3d27.jpg

M77G

Side

th_1d5ef503.jpg

Back

th_598926d1.jpg

Front

th_381838e8.jpg

Bottom

th_67364752.jpg

Blaster action

th_78877b59.jpg

th_21478559.jpg

th_a52d8400.jpg

Also my power cylinders arrived :)

th_c6fcca14.jpg

Both the M77G & M47A2 will be for sale soon if someone wants to copy the look of a M38 keep your eyes on the sales section...

• 2 weeks later...

Hengstler with metal connection box

I acquired the one with the H 809 yesterday on an eBay auction after given the deal I recognized that the person who sold it were sitting in a city 8 kilometer away from my hometown so I could pay him of in person and guess what happend next? he asked if I have use for some more so now I own 4 metal connection box Hengstler with 3 different logos biggrin.png

th_dc93a3d2.jpg

th_1069f9e0.jpg

Stay tuned...

Let me guess, he is from Bottrop ?

Edited by Turrican

He wrote from his hometown, and that not needs to be the same where he lives at the moment ;-)

Only ask cause i was also in contact with a seller some time back, which also had to offer some of this counters, but i was to late.