recaster on ebay.....anyone know him?

sskunky

I just read this entire post and it really bothered me that someone could get away with lying about his product and no one on eBay has any idea. I have a pair of CFO mic tips in my AP lid and they are great. Then I realized that there may be something we could all do to make this guy go away. It's a little nuts and we would help the recaster in the short term.

What if 50-100 of us bought something from his eBay site and then told the truth in our negative feedback. Just a thought, probably wouldn't work but I'd do it if we got a big enough group to support one of our own.

Lol that would be funny :P

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a big problem when you are newbie in this hobby !

I bought a pair from this seller a few month ago ( shame on me :angry: ) I did not know that this seller was selling the work of another !

I learned the lesson , i bought three pair from CFO :) (I need only two pairs, the third is to be forgiven .....)

it's a big problem when you are newbie in this hobby !

I bought a pair from this seller a few month ago ( shame on me :angry: ) I did not know that this seller was selling the work of another !

I learned the lesson , i bought three pair from CFO :) (I need only two pairs, the third is to be forgiven .....)

Sorry, but forgiveness requires that you buy 4 pairs.

:lol: just kidding mate, good on you. ;)

• 1 year later...

:laugh1:

Well....... He's still at it and I cannot hold it against anyone that falls for his BS.

My mic tips are the only mic tips that have the Hovi Pa-2 where it is. All others have it in a different place.

Yet he still tries to convince himself and others that they are cast from a set his father gave him! He now has stopped people messaging him.

By the way I still make these and are always available. 

• 1 month later...

I've just found someone else recasting my mic tips and he's in the UK. Some people!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Screen-Accurate-Stormtrooper-Helmet-Hovi-Mix-Pa2-hollow-cast-Mic-tips-/221407542442?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item338ceafcaa

http://resintrooperhelmets.weebly.com/accessories.html

imagejpg1_zps12b75d06.jpg

imagejpg3_zps4c45914a.jpg

imagejpg5_zps866c5a77.jpg

Decide for yourself?

Mine

IMG_7436.jpg

hovis2.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

Hi eBay username is hbark101

I've asked him to remove them but not feeling hopeful. As he's selling recanted resin helmets too.

Edited by sskunky

Wait a minute..i am gonna ask a noob question, becouse i feel i am still a noob compared to most of you guys....we 2 questions

1, rotj mic tips are different then anh?

2, really the real ones are sink fousets? From 35 years ago?

Yes ROTJ are different to ANH and ESB. ANH and ESB are the same as each other. I sell both.

Yes the general consensus is that they are a water saving aerator tap faucet from the 70's. No one has actually found a real one yet to my knowledge. Keith's are very close and mine aren't bad either.

Thanks.

Edited by sskunky

• 2 weeks later...

Well the ebayer that said he had destroyed the mould and had no intention of ripping anyone off has relisted the mic tips which are bad copies of mine.

Please feel free to bombard him with messages of concern.

this is the listing.

eBay item number:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221422322926?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

ugh. what a ..douche.

So Mark, what are the ANH ones like compared to ROTJ? I think i should get a set for my RS "Move Along" helmet. I spent so much time getting every detail right, it seems silly to NOT have these.

I always thought that you had cast the originals? and that keith also had cast an original?

so these must be both sculpts of yours? and his?

I remember reading about your tell... where you moved the lettering?

can you update me on this data?

:smiley-sw013: :smiley-sw013: :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley::smiley-sw013: :smiley-sw013:

hope you can stop the re-caster...  :6:

He changed the pictures now to a different mic tip but if you ask me all he's done is photoshop them to look different.

What I might do is get someone to buy a set and see if the pics match the product. If not we can set up disputes with the item not matching the description.

I can't see eBay doing anything on an in copyrighted item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk