recaster on ebay.....anyone know him?

sskunky

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone shown this guy the pic of the real ones that was posted on the previous page? Right there is proof he didnt cast them from an original set. It looks pretty obvious to me these were cast from Marks. What a loser.

Has anyone shown this guy the pic of the real ones that was posted on the previous page? Right there is proof he didnt cast them from an original set. It looks pretty obvious to me these were cast from Marks. What a loser.

Ā 

Yes I did.

I sent propass a message ... c'mon dude, really!?

Ā 

Ā 

Dear jjmcclear248,

Ā 

Right, Thanks. The inside Nipple is painted white. Other than that, I don't see any difference.

Ā 

- propsplus

Ā 

To: propsplus

Subject: jjmcclear248 has sent a question about item #251028546673, ending on Apr-01-12 13:46:40 PDT - Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet HOVI-Mix Pa2 Mic Tips - *Complete* 1:1

Sent Date: Mar-27-12 18:11:37 PDT

Ā 

Ā 

Dear propsplus,

Ā 

Those don't look like the originals, the inside in particular. There's a photo of an actual set on the EFX website.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by TK 4702

I've never seen anyone just come right out and say 'why buy from another maker' and actually specifiy a name.

Ā 

That's....

Ā 

I don't really know what to say.

Ā 

I'm so sorry this guy is doing this. You want me to take a bounty out on him?

• 1 month later...

I saw these close to a year ago, an as they looked good I purchassed a set, as I did a set of trooperbay and a set from someone who had an extra TE set, an afew other sets, from secondary sellers on other forum

though at the time I didnt know of Marks, and I was interesed in these as they were 3 piece only oppn ispection of my RS helmet did I realise these an the trooper bay had the logo in the wrong spot so I looked in to it more and realised they were dircet copies of Marks (Which I think I did point out to him) and asked the seller the history, on which I got the dead dad story so I asked if I could see a pic as by this time EFX had shown pics of a real one, and on being told they were locked in a swiss bank vault (ok mabey I made the Swiss part up) but they were now to presious to be let out of the vault so the pics are not possible, Any way I acctually think this guy now believes his story,

There's always 1 out there Mark "unfortunately." Having a set of your hovi tips which are tops I loathe these a......holes :angry2: Not only is the guy a joke but is also a lie unto himself. It's obvious yours are not a re-cast from the originals and are unique to you and it's sad that this quince is not only copying your art but also selling it :explodingemotie: I've done some more work on my trooper and will send you some more pics soon mate. Cheers, Andy.

I saw these close to a year ago, an as they looked good I purchassed a set, as I did a set of trooperbay and a set from someone who had an extra TE set, an afew other sets, from secondary sellers on other forum

though at the time I didnt know of Marks, and I was interesed in these as they were 3 piece only oppn ispection of my RS helmet did I realise these an the trooper bay had the logo in the wrong spot so I looked in to it more and realised they were dircet copies of Marks (Which I think I did point out to him) and asked the seller the history, on which I got the dead dad story so I asked if I could see a pic as by this time EFX had shown pics of a real one, and on being told they were locked in a swiss bank vault (ok mabey I made the Swiss part up) but they were now to presious to be let out of the vault so the pics are not possible, Any way I acctually think this guy now believes his story,

Ā 

:lol: the same story I got! He's one sad individual.

There's always 1 out there Mark "unfortunately." Having a set of your hovi tips which are tops I loathe these a......holes :angry2: Not only is the guy a joke but is also a lie unto himself. It's obvious yours are not a re-cast from the originals and are unique to you and it's sad that this quince is not only copying your art but also selling it :explodingemotie: I've done some more work on my trooper and will send you some more pics soon mate. Cheers, Andy.

Ā 

Yep, one sad bunny!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

LOL! freakin' mic tip recaster. So there's a Faucet aerator with the same shape as a microphone tip? cool.

Ā 

That wsas the most hilarious thing about this guy- he actually claimed that they're faucet aerators.

Ā 

I mean, dude, if it was that simple, we wouldn't have to recast them, right? We'd just buy them from a plumber... :rolleyes:

That wsas the most hilarious thing about this guy- he actually claimed that they're faucet aerators.

Ā 

I mean, dude, if it was that simple, we wouldn't have to recast them, right? We'd just buy them from a plumber... :rolleyes:

They actually are faucet aerators. But good luck finding the right one that's 35+ years old.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem is some of the info for first timmers should be updated, sooo many threads I have found and if you don't keep researching then you buy crap

• 1 month later...

Another thing Mark and that is he is stating that his are cast from the originals and that he's casting them in black and not painting them, so if the clown know's what he's talking about why did he cast all off the components in black then? That's a rhetorical question of course ;) I'll shoot you an email later mate to show you some of my latest works. Talk later dude.

I just read this entire post and it really bothered me that someone could get away with lying about his product and no one on eBay has any idea. I have a pair of CFO mic tips in my AP lid and they are great. Then I realized that there may be something we could all do to make this guy go away. It's a little nuts and we would help the recaster in the short term.

What if 50-100 of us bought something from his eBay site and then told the truth in our negative feedback. Just a thought, probably wouldn't work but I'd do it if we got a big enough group to support one of our own.