recaster on ebay.....anyone know him?

sskunky

Hi guys,

I have found a recaster on ebay that is selling direct recasts of my mic tips!

Does anyone know who he is?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e#ht_1587wt_902

I would like to get him to stop.... Maybe if enough people badger him he might give in....

I also sell these on ebay, trooperbay and I know Mike sells them on ebay too (with my blessing).

I have messaged this guy to ask him to take them down but not heard anything as yet and probably won't....

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers troopers!

UPDATE!

I've just found someone else recasting my mic tips and he's in the UK. Some people!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Screen-Accurate-Stormtrooper-Helmet-Hovi-Mix-Pa2-hollow-cast-Mic-tips-/221407542442?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item338ceafcaa

http://resintrooperhelmets.weebly.com/accessories.html
imagejpg1_zps12b75d06.jpg

imagejpg3_zps4c45914a.jpg
imagejpg5_zps866c5a77.jpg

Decide for yourself?
Mine

IMG_7436.jpg
hovis2.jpg
IMG_3071.jpg

I've asked him to remove them but not feeling hopeful. As he's selling recanted resin helmets too.

UPDATE 2 I've been assured that he will take down the auction and destroy the moulds. His Intension was not to rip anyone off.

UPDATE 3 He has relisted them! Bombard him with messages of concern please.

Edited by sskunky

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The front some people have!!!

I just got this back from Kevin! He's accusing me of recasting his mic tips!

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. These can not be yours. My set was passed down to me from my Father, who purchased the Plumbing Aerator overseas back in the 80s. You do know that the Mic tip used in the original Star Wars movies were Plumbing Aerators, right? Glad you took the time to carve out a duplicate, but I promise you, these are the original. I will not take them down. I have been selling them for years. They are not a copy of yours. If anything, you, and everyone else selling them, copied my Fathers.

Kevin

Check out the similarity between his and mine!

Mine have a tell on them. Look at the HOVI PA2 writing.... It's in the middle of the fins..... All others have it in line with the Fins....

IMG_7436.jpg

HoviMictip075.jpg

and hi copys...

mictipscopy.jpg

Edited by sskunky

I think I did document this somewhere.

When I first met AA many years ago as he was just starting out he gave me a few pairs of his mic tips with the view of me improving on his design. But as he had had the tools made for injection moulding at considerable cost he didn't bother. Pretty much like how he used my E11 parts for his blasters but didn't listen to me about making them more accurate!..... He always knows best.

So I kept my improved design of the outer tip and that is what I offer today. The innerds are my own sculpt and always have been. They differ slightly to the originals but are close. All these tells are unique to my tips and you won't find them the same anywhere else. That's how I know he recast mine.

Now you know my little tells.....

I think I did document this somewhere.

I thin I am too lazy to go and search the forum for it ... :D

When I first met AA many years ago as he was just starting out he gave me a few pairs of his mic tips with the view of me improving on his design. But as he had had the tools made for injection moulding at considerable cost he didn't bother. Pretty much like how he used my E11 parts for his blasters but didn't listen to me about making them more accurate!..... He always knows best.

So I kept my improved design of the outer tip and that is what I offer today. The innerds are my own sculpt and always have been. They differ slightly to the originals but are close. All these tells are unique to my tips and you won't find them the same anywhere else. That's how I know he recast mine.

Now you know my little tells.....

Thanks for repeating the story. I genuinely had missed it. They're nice tips by all accounts. I can't claim I've ever spent much time studying this part of the TK though.

Mike sells them on ebay too (with my blessing).

That is most likely how this guy got his hands on your mic tips though. I have a hard time seeing someone on FISD buying them to recast. So maybe Mike has some records of purchase that can trail back to this guy?

Thanks guys,

This guy really is a piece of work! :lol:

He's know saying I'm calling his dead father a liar! And that I recast his mic tips.

You've Gotta laugh. :laugh1:

I just got this retaliation.

I never purchased anything from you. I don't know you besides from these recent messages. So claiming I bought yours and copied them is far fetched. Do you have records of me making a purchase from you? Really, I have never had contact from you until your threatening emails I received today.

Basically, you are calling my deceased father, a huge Star Wars Fan, a fraud then, because he is the one that purchased them and gave them to me. He knew everything about these tips (and Star Wars). Could he have purchased them from you back in the 1980's? When did you start selling yours? My Father passed away long ago. He was not a Fraud. Anything but.

A side from this, What you are saying is because you carved your understanding of them, based on picture of the original, no one else is allowed to also carve them out and make them? There are pictures everywhere of these Tips. Any serious star wars fan can find them, easily carve them out and eventually, sell them. seriously, i can't believe more people aren't making these. i would expect more people selling these in the future too. i welcome it.

- propsplus

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Oh ebay... where anyone can call their Stormtrooper parts "real", "genuine", and my personal favorite "501st approved".

I find it amusing how he's using his father as a means to justify his legitimancy. Which I can't say for sure but sounds strange and odd to me.

What makes me laugh is that he is selling copies of my mic tips not direct copies of originals.

I tried to explain that if a fraudster is to copy a masterpiece he would copy the original not a fake. He can't understand that mine are unique and I made them that way on purpose. Just for the reason I've pointed out here.

Edited by sskunky

The front some people have!!!

I just got this back from Kevin! He's accusing me of recasting his mic tips!

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. These can not be yours. My set was passed down to me from my Father, who purchased the Plumbing Aerator overseas back in the 80s. You do know that the Mic tip used in the original Star Wars movies were Plumbing Aerators, right? Glad you took the time to carve out a duplicate, but I promise you, these are the original. I will not take them down. I have been selling them for years. They are not a copy of yours. If anything, you, and everyone else selling them, copied my Fathers.

Kevin

Reeally kevin?? because your ebay account has only been active for 12 months - grrrr this annoys me!

Note! ive seen that grappling hook somewhere before too... possibly the RPF but im sure it was an alloy one-off then??

Edited by gh05ty

Also have seen them since a while on ebay and thought me the same as you Mark.

The grappling hook looks quite close to this one :

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8449&hl=grapling+hook&fromsearch=1

The ones on the RPF are the one form Russrep if i'm right.

He made a run there in past.

• 3 weeks later...

He is a piece of work this guy.

EBay removed my listing when I complained about him. I have reported him again and finally got to speak to someone that understands English who could see that I have been selling these longer than he's been a member. Hopefully I will get this sorted soon.

In the meantime all feel free to message him and tell him how disgusted you are by his lies....:)

Edited by sskunky

I just sent him a message through ebay saying this:

"Hi,

I have looked at your Hovi Mic Tips twice now and I see you have changed the listing to say:

"Why pay double the price from castfromoriginal for an inferior recast of my Mic Tips!"

Aside from being dramatically incorrect, this aspersion is a gross fabrication. I suggest you take a look at castfromoriginal's mic tips and the crisp quality of the casting (I own a pair) and ask yourself if they could possibly be cast from your poor quality molds. If anything it is the other way around.

Irrespective, you should be ashamed of your lack of professionalism in defaming another seller to sell your product. Firstly you have zero evidence to back it up - a quick look at both your selling histories shows that C.F.O has been selling these tips since before you were even a member of eBay - making it impossible for him to have cast your Hovis.

Secondly it demonstrates a marked lack of faith in your own product that you feel the need to impune another seller in order to move it.

Poor Form."