Doopys Blaster Build

Murray1134

Some more work done tonight, and that is what I have planned to do with the railing, I also have to shorten it up in the front too.

I've got the scope now attached, unfortunately the brackets I've got are the wrong size, so I think I'm going to leave the Hengstler off for now. They were always falling off in the production anyways :) End cap is glued on and I've managed to get a spring inside.

I used the "drumstick method" that was mentioned in another thread. Sorry, it's late and I don't remember the original poster. It took me about an hour and a half to get a wire hanger bent and properly sized to fit inside the barrel, but I'm happy with the final result.

2 things learned on this build tonight.

1. Krylon paint is garbage, and I'll never use it again.

2. Don't rush these things, but make sure you have a deadline.

I put down the coat of black paint on this and it's a mess. The paint was spraying unevenly, clogging, had a weird nozzle, the button would stick, just a nightmare of painting.

The railing is glued in place, so it's pretty much good to go. Just needs some touch up work here and there.

hq3AchX.jpg

xgXr6Av.jpg

I've had a lot of fun building this, and I would do it again, especially considering what I've learned in doing this one. The gun has a good heft to it and feels solid. I'll have to see how it does on a troop tomorrow. I'm just so happy to not have to use my Hasbro anymore.