while trick-or-treating

TK:TK

I took my kids out trick-or-treating with my armour and helmet. I was amazed by the reaction.

Man, was it fun - I had more fun than the kids....

People really appreciated the accuracy of the suit. Their amazement went beyond the mere surprise or novelty of the armour. The loved the realism. The color, the glossy sheen. ...And the all wanted to know where I got it.

One kid asked me if I was really in the movie.

A group of fathers were amazed. They quizzed me about the suit, and joked that they wanted to trick-or-treat with me.

Down the road, another father came up to me - and apologizing - said he just had to knock on my armour to see if it was for real. He announced to his companions, "Oh, yeah, that's real!"

Shouts of "cool costume" could be heard whenever I came into view.

A young kid surprised me by noticing in that it was ANH style.

Another was impressed by the neckseal.

One boy kept circling around me. Only when his parents called him repeatedly did he walk away.

And one parent, walking past me said, "Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?"

post-356-1193891012_thumb.jpg

I went tick or treating with the wife and baby (and whole three blocks) and I people going crazy. Many photo Ops like any other trooping event.

As some of you know, I had my first appearance among friends last saturday (see other Halloween pics thread).

As for public appearance at work yesterday and last night to go door to door with my condo neighbour, I was simply overwhelmed.

I can definitely say I've had more fun then anybody out there, children included :)

I too had a lot of knock on armor, congrats tap on shoulders, amazing comments.

I've had the "Hey, it's Darth Vader", "Wow, nice robots", some parents came over to ask a pic and told me in the ear, "I hope you don't mind, he thinks you're a Power Ranger" .. Haha .. "Not at all" :)

I've had around 30 pictures taken of me with random people and kids. A lot of parents telling me my armor totally rocked.

I've had this kid running around, we were crossing roads a lot in the neighbourhood, and he kept telling me Vader wanted me to report immediately!!! Pretty funny boy.

At work, I went around walking on all 4 floors .. and since I'm working in a video game company, people are all around 30 years old. One team went to me congratulating me .. until I actually backed up, and waved saying "Move along, move along" .. At this point, they went in complete frenzy and all applauded me .. it was an amazing feeling.

All and all, most awesome Halloween EVER, even from what I recall being a child .. even now, I think about it and I'm smiling, what a great experience.

Almost forgot, I've had a lot of "Awesome costume, but your voice thing completely was did it for me" from a lot of people. RomFX did it for me :)

There is nothing like getting out in public in your armor! :trooper: Great posts, everyone! :duim:

I had a chance to troop three times in the last week: twice at a fundraiser at our local city zoo and again in a Halloween parade. Not to mention Halloween night itself... but I was Vader for that! :vader1:

My armor will definitely be done within a few months. I don't have kids, but I might borrow a couple from my neighbor just to go trick-or-treating with next year. Can't wait to get out in public suited up! :D Thanks for sharing all your Halloween photos everyone.