Here we go!

Hey gang,

I'm on Spring Break right now, so I've been doing lots of research on armor, and I think I'm going to settle with some ABS-style ATA armor. But before I get started, I just wanted to ask you who know much better than I do about a few things:

1) I'd really like to go for Expert Infantryman, but am unsure as to which type I ought to. So far, most people have been recommending ANH Stunt, so I'm thinking I might stick to that. I also like the look of it a bit better. Anybody feel otherwise?

2) Considering I've never had a project like this before, I'm going to need a lot of help and advice. Any tips or tricks that you all have would be super-appreciated!

3) If I put my armor order in this week, it'll probably get here around the beginning of May. Anything I ought to do while I wait in order to prepare?

Thanks all. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

- Grant

Grant,

I just completed, submitted and was accepted as a ANH stunt TK in ATA's ABS armor, so I highly recommend it.

As for tips and tricks, have a lot of patience when working with your armor once you get it, measure twice before you cut and keep up the research on here. There are a lot of great posts in the Tips and Tutorials and How To sections. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Look up your local garrison and try to get in touch with them so you can get local help if you run into a hiccup or something you aren't comfortable making the cuts on. Take lots and lots of pictures as you build so when you have questions to post here you have a picture to go with the question. I have seen that help with a lot of people's questions.

One thing I did while I was waiting for my armor was my E-11 hasbro mod. It is a good foot in the door/warm-up for what you are about to get into with your armor.

Best of luck!

You may want to study the EIB request threads if that is what you are wanting to go for, the letters at the end of each request, represents the type of armor used for each thread.

Procrastinate now, so you'll be ready to actually build when it arrives!

Kidding!!!

I think if you have nothing better to do, go get some ABS for-sale signs and cut them up and start making snap kits. When you're done trimming it'll be the last thing you want to do.

Basically, it's a snap tool/kit for adding button snaps. You can pick these up at Joann fabrics, or most fabric stores. Some Wal-marts carry them too.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The snaps are for connecting armor parts together with nylon "webbing" or straps. Check out the arm tutorial a--------------for example.

You won't be attaching anything to your body suit (intentionally). :smiley-sw013:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

nylon webbing can be a problem with snaps.

most people use plastic plates with tape on the back of the snap and glue them in place

the tape keeps the glue from heating up the nickel snap and melting the armor.