Commercial vs. Fan made

THANK YOU for this thread. I got mansplained to today by some coworkers about how they can just buy the "expensive costumes" at Disneyland to join the 501st because they are being sold at Disneyland and are "super expensive". I tried to tell them that just about any commercial costume will require some modifications, but they wouldn't listen to me. :blink::angry:

Sucks to be them huh? Lol at least you're in the know!

So i guess I made a dumb move then i bought mine at amazon and feel disappointed with the helmet because it looks fragile i did post a question about it earlier but ya i am new and i am trying to make er or rather have something durable but not sure what to do... i mean my outfit has authenticity but not sure it is worth it looking at the helmet

So i guess I made a dumb move then i bought mine at amazon and feel disappointed with the helmet because it looks fragile i did post a question about it earlier but ya i am new and i am trying to make er or rather have something durable but not sure what to do... i mean my outfit has authenticity but not sure it is worth it looking at the helmet

Try getting in touch with one of the vetted armour makers, I know most, if not all, sell bucket kits.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great thread and one I wish I had seen before becoming a victim of the JR purchase as well.  I'm still learning about the 501st.  I didn't know you can join the 501st with this armor?  How so?

Obviously not at Centurion level, but what level?  Does this mean you can get a TK ID as well?  Please let me know and thank you again for this post!

Yes it will be approvable and get you a TKID with a lot of work, but then again even with my untrained eye I am seeing a lot of work (and that is just for basic approval).

I am deciding between WTF or RS armor kits..... any opinions??

HA HA I'm on the same page myself lol, Really considering the RS Prop Masters they seem to be the best so far.....Shipping free which is good as I live in New Zealand! :)

Just waiting on my 18th Birthday then can apply for the 501st but wanna get my armour sorted first! what do you think of RS props?

chur  :smiley-sw013:  :smiley-sw013:  :smiley-sw013:

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/12/2016 at 6:59 PM, TK-Mosinboy said:

HA HA I'm on the same page myself lol, Really considering the RS Prop Masters they seem to be the best so far.....Shipping free which is good as I live in New Zealand! :)

Just waiting on my 18th Birthday then can apply for the 501st but wanna get my armour sorted first! what do you think of RS props?

chur  :smiley-sw013:  :smiley-sw013:  :smiley-sw013:

RS props is supposed to be making excellent armor kits. I would buy from them if they were closer to me.

• Sly11 unpinned and featured this topic