Commercial vs. Fan made

I'm sure this has been discussed many times over but....how/why are they able to sell this garbage?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well anyone can sell anything, and they obviously mass produce it for people that are dumb and don't do research! (glad i did) :), and Jedi robe and Rubies makes it for people that want a ready to wear armor without any struggle and for lazy people. So those who are not aware buy this crap.. lol. Glad i didn't...

Well anyone can sell anything, and they obviously mass produce it for people that are dumb and don't do research! (glad i did) :), and Jedi robe and Rubies makes it for people that want a ready to wear armor without any struggle and for lazy people. So those who are not aware buy this crap.. lol. Glad i didn't...

Jesse,

So I am dumb and lazy?

With regard to being dumb, I am a qualified teacher with an honours degree. Furthermore, as to being lazy, I have completed three sets of cleared UKG armour within the last eight months. Therefore I find your comments very offensive! :angry:

I bought the armour originally as a costume for a special celebration party. I didn't do any research because being totally unaware of the 501st or UKG, I didn't realise this was necessary. At the time I had no idea that you could troop and (as previously mentioned) only ironically discovered this on JR’s own website. I naively thought that ‘you get what you pay for’. Being a novice with regard to TK armour, the only alternative I found was SDS which was a similar price but without the blaster and many peripherals included. Naturally I assumed that this was the sort of price you had to pay for this sort of costume.

Having discovered the 501st and FISD, imagine my dismay to discover that my ‘premium price’ armour was not only recast but openly frowned upon for 501st use. I did not choose JR as the ‘easy option’. Believe me, had I known that I could have had got a far better quality ‘build it yourself’ kit for half the price, I would have jumped at the chance.

You seem to think it is funny that people get ripped off , hence your LOL comment! The idea of threads like this is too make sure other people do not suffer the same fate. Think yourself lucky you did not fall for JR but your good fortune does not mean that it is acceptable to make fun or insult people who did.

I suggest you think more carefully before tarring everyone with the same brush!

Ian

• Like 1

I am super sorry guys I never meant to offend anyone and I would strongly like to apologize. My intentions where not to offend anyone. Should have better worded my post and again sorry for that. I am still learning myself an I am also a rookie and still learning just glad a fellow 501st member directed me to whitearmor before I did a mistake on choosing other armor that was not what I would like. But again sorry about my post and those I offended

I am super sorry guys I never meant to offend anyone and I would strongly like to apologize. My intentions where not to offend anyone. Should have better worded my post and again sorry for that. I am still learning myself an I am also a rookie and still learning just glad a fellow 501st member directed me to whitearmor before I did a mistake on choosing other armor that was not what I would like. But again sorry about my post and those I offended

No problem Jesse, apology accepted! :)

It is easy to unintentionally say the wrong thing sometimes. But as they say 'it takes a big man to apologise'!

Good luck with your build.

Ian

Thats allright mate.

Its easy to get carried away and write something you didnt intend to on a forum. Also why I didnt freak out right away, but gave a "friendly hint" ;)

But good luck with your RT :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's TM ESB??????

TrooperMaster Empire Strikes Back (you know, the movie...)

This might help you in the future: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/9510-common-acronyms/

• 6 months later...

THANKS a bunch for posting the comparison.  I was tempted to buy a Supreme Trooper and now can visually understand why not to buy it.  I am short 5'5" and wondered if Troopers could advise which armour would be best - so far it's between TM and RS, or another that would fit the vertically challenged?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...