Commercial vs. Fan made

hi thanks i think your right try and sell it on ebay and start again . how much should i pay for a decent armour ?

Yeah, sell it or get a Refund and get a better Armor from one of the Vetted Makers.

Just look here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538

For pricing, you have to ask them, just write them a email.

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2012 at 6:28 AM, jbuss357 said:

quick question, what are the thoughts on this helmet?----------- If no good, any recommendations on assembled helmets... im not the craftyist person

Could be great, but information is sparse as it's not been released yet. Only certain thing is that it will be expensive and hard to get as it'll be a limited edition. There are several helmet makers that offer finished helmets at an additional fee. Just ask them.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

im sorry i was actually looking at this type of helmet someone was selling (not on ebay) -------------but I found the link about modding it. Ill look to RT or AM to maybe just get the assembled helmet

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I wish Jedi Robe would trip and fall into a sarlac pit. They sell crap armor for insane prices. It sure would be nice if FISD could telepathically sense aspiring new troops and beat JR to the punch.

Wow, it's threads like these that I am glad I found this website. I was just about to order from jedirobe when I started looking more into the 501st website which lead me here. With all the research I have been doing I now thankfully know better and have decided on RS Props armor, which I think will make me much happier. Thank you all for you research and dedication, you all have saved a rookie like me.

Wow, it's threads like these that I am glad I found this website. I was just about to order from jedirobe when I started looking more into the 501st website which lead me here. With all the research I have been doing I now thankfully know better and have decided on RS Props armor, which I think will make me much happier. Thank you all for you research and dedication, you all have saved a rookie like me.

Another one saved. B):salute:

• 5 weeks later...

Glad I went the RT-MOD way instead. I ALMOST, went the same route with Jedi robe armor. Thank's to Whitearmor.net and all of these awesome members I chose Rob for my armor. Although the wait is extremely long ( or so it feels like an eternity ) It is worth the wait!. I still haven't received mine yet but my buddy did and man I am Jealous! :).

Yup... I just jumped in the pool, blind folded and with concrete boots on...

LOL- well said! I made the same mistake... live and learn! Thanks for posting the comparison pics. That will be helpful to future troopers.

Here's the rubies :vomit-into-the-toilet:

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/rubies%20Stormtrooper%20Armor.htm

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Ya know, isnt that jedirobe armor recast FX? Im sure its crap quality,but why wouldnt it be approveable? FX armor is still legion approveable. It looks the same. less some softer details and probably bad quality. Not that im saying to get, or even keep it, just a thought on the look of it.

The jedirobe armour is approvable. It's been done on numerous occasions. Rubies has also been approved. But just like all the other armour it has to look good and be properly fitted to the wearer. It's just that the rubies and the jedirobe take a lot more effort to reach the goal with than other armour. Given the fact that both those armours cost twice as much as an original FX and require twice the effort to other armours it's easy to see why they should be frowned upon.

Ok yea thats what i thought. I just saw people saying its not approveable...and was like why not? Its just FX basically.

Of course i get the whole crap quality and it being recast and the price hike as good reasons to not buy it. that one point just seemed a bit off.

They got it wrong. My previous post is aimed at anyone reading this in the future. I know very well that you are up to speed with the requirements - both high and low, Lou. :)

The jedirobe armour is approvable. It's been done on numerous occasions. Rubies has also been approved. But just like all the other armour it has to look good and be properly fitted to the wearer. It's just that the rubies and the jedirobe take a lot more effort to reach the goal with than other armour. Given the fact that both those armours cost twice as much as an original FX and require twice the effort to other armours it's easy to see why they should be frowned upon.

Mathias is quite correct! My Jedi Robe armour was unbelievably expensive for such a poor quality kit. It was supposed to be a 'ready to wear' costume and was originally chosen because of the 'Reduced Size armour' claims. Being only 5ft 4in I naively assumed that it was my size that was the reason for the dreadfully poor fit despite the the 'reduced size'. The irony was that I only became aware of the 501st through Jedi Robe's own website! As hard to believe as it sounds I initially thought that the JR armour was 'good' (despite the fit)! :huh: After spending a little time on the 501st forums I soon discovered what good armour actually looks like and wished I'd found them earlier.

Being unable to return the armour due to already modifying it I was stuck with it and forced to make the best of a bad job. Months of hard work later I did get it cleared but had to trim every part of my 'ready to wear' armour. I also had to change the neck seal, holster, gloves, bodysuit, belt, lenses and most important of all boots! This all added to the already extortionate price I had paid for this armour. :blink:

My JR armour did get me into the 501st and all my fellow UKG Troopers have made me feel very welcome. I have done 9 troops in it but even though no one has ever made any negative remarks I always felt that the armour was second class (if not lower) despite my best efforts. I am so proud to be a part of the 501st and part of this pride means that I want to represent the 501st/UKG in the best way possible. So I have now replaced my JR armour with AP and my wife also wears this armour. Both our kits required minimal trimming compared to the JR. In my case I only had to trim the forearms, shins and thighs. More importantly the quality and fit is remarkably superior. Furthermore, the cost of both AP trimmed kits is roughly about what I paid for the JR and that says it all! :)