Osothebear's ANH AP build [*AP]

OsotheBear

Read the CRL. It says...

Rivets on the left side of the ab plate: a total of three rivets, the heads should be approximately 5/16" (8mm) diameter and equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Note:For the original used TK armor, this type of rivets where, bifurcated rivets or split rivet.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22350-a-few-measurement-questions

You can also check this Centurion application thread for visual placement

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22511-tk-21010-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-ap73/

Search button is your friend! :D

Right on!!! I'm ready to mount the rivets, do this looks ok? oh and what kind of rivet goes on the right side, is just a normal snap lika this one right?IMG_4109.jpgIMG_4107.jpgIMG_4108.jpg

Yes, those pencil marks are good. :duim:

The CRL explains it. "A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate shall be present." ... The back side of the snap will be visible on the outside. This is only required for Centurion status, if that's something you're shooting for. Even if you're not, it's great that you're doing this.

Look at other's pics in the centurion threads and keep reading the forums Oso.

From what I have been told there should be the one large ridge and 4 to 5 smaller ridges on the chest plate, but on my ATA I could only fit 3 small due to the shape. Nearly there won't be long now :D

• 2 weeks later...

had the chance to work a bit more on the armor IMG_4113.jpgIMG_4114.jpgthe side gap  plastic need a bit of bending to go along the kidney. Also some interior strapping IMG_4126.jpgthe cod IMG_4131.jpgIMG_4132.jpgIMG_4138.jpgIMG_4136.jpgIMG_4135.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hello troopers !! I'm about to paint the ab buttons , I have Humbrol gray 5 , but for the blue I have 15 Midnight blue and 14 French blue, which one is acceptable?

Yeah, I think French Blue will look better. You can grab some scrap plastic and paint both to test. See which one is closest to the originals when your test swatches dry: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/7-general-stormtrooper-reference/ I used Testors brand to paint mine. It's a mid-range blue. Forget which paint number it was.

With Humbrol, do multiple thin coats. Be sure to shake the can really well for several minutes. Oil based paints take a long time to dry so you'll need some patience. You can carefully lightly sand small circles where you'll be painting so the paint can grab onto something.

Edited by TrooperTim