• 2 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the years I've compiled tons of links and resources for TK costuming. I figured I'd share them here for all the aspiring TKs to find things easier. It's not everything, but it is quite a bit.

Wow! Loads of great info there.

This is such an amazing resource. Thank you so much, bobojuice! I'll have to shake your hand if we meet up on a trooping, brother.   -Aidan

Thanks for posting the info. I'm new to this and am still searching for the right armor, but my confidence in building my own immediately raised a few notches after reading this post. I really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have ANH Hero armor. I am "this close" to approval in the 501st (SoCal Garrison). I am not happy with my shoulder bells. Too much black showing in the front...if I move them forward, too much black in the back (see attached). I need larger bells...I am big in the arms and chest area. Is there anyone out there who knows of:

1. Are the certain types of armor with larger shoulder bells than most?

2. Would I be able to buy a pair?

• 1 month later...

I do have a quick question which im sure has been posted and answered already somewhere but as far as but if im looking for "HERO" armor now is this something that is commercially available or is there someone you can point me in the right direction who makes these types of builds?

Edited by Sith Devildog

I do have a quick question which im sure has been posted and answered already somewhere but as far as but if im looking for "HERO" armor now is this something that is commercially available or is there someone you can point me in the right direction who makes these types of builds?

There is no "hero" armour. It's the same as any TK. There is only a "hero" helmet. For that helmet, your best bet is to get one from TM.

Check or thread on armour and where to find them that is pinned in our "getting started" section.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi-

Thanks for an awesome resource that I'm sure I'll be referring to many times while I build my armor.

I did want to let you know that it looks like the links for blaster builds and/or purchases seem to be out of date. I would love to get an updated link on how to build one.

Thanks again, and I look forward to joining your ranks very soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

First of all, awesome thread! Very helpful.

I have a few questions... Some of the links to amazon or eBay didn't work for me so I'll just ask...

1, Is CA glue a type of glue, like name brand or certain kind, or is it just any old kind of super glue, if so, is there a certain brand people like better for this application?

2, What width velcro and elastic material do people recommend?

3, How much E6000 will you go through in a full build?

1. CA is short for cynoacrylate. It's not a brand, just the abbreviation for the chemical name. Any industrial brand would work. It's permanent though.

2. 2" should be just fine for most of your build and some 1.5" too.

3. I haven't used e6000 for an entire build but you probably won't use much, maybe an entire tube for the complete build.

• 2 months later...

Also Seals Direct has the Brow "U Channel Trim" and the "S Trim" for the bottom of the Helmet.

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/

I ordered 1 meter for the  "S Trim".  1 meter for the  "U Channel".

The part number for both are

"U Channel" for the Brow,  "US52"

"S Trim" for the bottom of the Helmet. "SWR149"

Andy

First of all, awesome thread! Very helpful.

I have a few questions... Some of the links to amazon or eBay didn't work for me so I'll just ask...

1, Is CA glue a type of glue, like name brand or certain kind, or is it just any old kind of super glue, if so, is there a certain brand people like better for this application?

2, What width velcro and elastic material do people recommend?

3, How much E6000 will you go through in a full build?

For the E 6000, get 2-3 Tubes of the 3.7 oz of the Industrial Strength one. Wall Mart, Michaels, Jo Ann Fabrics, Pat Catans, Lowes, Home Depot, K Mart sells it.

Elastic Material I would use Jo Anne fabric buy in Bulk.

Andy

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going through the Link list and found some issues:

Snap Tutorial Link doesn't work.
Cover Strip Sizes Thread shows no pictures, only kittens.
Boot painting thread is gone.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So it's been a (more than) few years but I decided to go back and edit as much as I could. I'm very out of the loop nowadays, so if there are any suggestions, feel free to let me know and I'll add/update them.

Edited by bobojuice
  • 6 months later...